Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Fault U0415: Warning lights - car seems normal

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi all,

I've done some digging around and tried to find a thread on this but was unable to.

Recently my car showed the below lights randomly when I started my car, but then it went away when I moved forward.

Fast forward 2 weeks, the lights randomly came up and disappeared until now. Now they are stuck on. I know that sometimes in BMWs it will show a series of lights if a sensor is out, is it the same with an Audi? The car drive normal except for a few things: hold assist is not working so the car doesnt really move unless I gas it (almost like you've sunk the clutch, but im DSG), and traction control is completely off.

Not seen in the photo:
    Headlight assist?
    Hold assist unavailable

I've not taken it to the dealer yet or scanned it as I dont have my cable with me. Just figured I'd ask here first to see if anyone else experienced it and what the result was.

2015 S3, Unitronic 1+, 26,000 miles.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by jsealz; 12-10-2018 at 07:19 PM. Reason: update

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Start by checking tire pressure and re-set the TPMS and see where it goes from there.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Dude this is super similar to me, and I also have unitronic tune. One day I turn it on, all those lights showed up, no traction control, no awd, etc. Audi had to replace the gateway module and ECM. $3000. It took them over 2 months to figure it out. Just got it back on Tuesday and I'm too afraid to put the tune back on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Audizine mobile app

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

By the way I have a '15 a3 that was stage 2 unitronic dsg and ecu.

If you want to check your haldex either scan through obd2 or do a launch and pay attention to which tires are screeching.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Audizine mobile app

Veteran Member Four Rings MikTip's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Only way to know is get it scanned for codes...

Could be wiring...sensor...other...combination of...
    2015 S3 * United MotorSports Tuned * Eurocode Anti-sway bars * Mid-muffler delete * 3.5" Exhaust tips * 19x8.5 Konigs

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I had this happen to me about a month ago. I pulled the codes then and there because I have OBDeleven. I have APR Stage 1 and I had just stopped for a coffee 1.5 hours into a 3 hour drive. On start up I was hit with this exact thing. I panicked pulled codes then cleared them and started up again and had the same codes after a few clear and restarts. I saw none were "urgent" got back on the road and they all cleared themselves never to return (yet). I swear I saved a copy of the code pull but I can't find it anywhere at the moment. I never noticed any change in driving behavior at any point. I'll continue to see if I can find my copy of the codes but if anyone knows how I can access historical code pull data in OBDEleven that would help too.

Edit: Forgot to say '15 A3 2.0t

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Thanks for the responses all.

I am unable to reset tire pressure as when I go to that menu it says that TPMS is unavailable.

Hoping it is just an ABS sensor. The car is still 4wd as I can still powerslide. The car drives absolutely normal, it's weird.

Will update as soon as I get access to my Unitronic OBD2 cable (hopefully tonight).

Established Member Two Rings MkUrMark's Avatar
    AZ Member #

This happened to me... I think all the same lights.

Do you have mag ride?

I had an unfortunate situation where my wiring for the mag ride got ripped apart by road debry. The wiring hardness for the mag ride got caught with a nylon thread- wrapped around it it tore it right off. You can lift your car and check if that wire and hardness is in place on the bottom of your strut. One mag ride strut cost IICR about 2000.00, install and alignment will set you back another 1000 at the dealer. I submitted a claim and got done with it. Good luck with your search
    2016 S3
    12' Golf R:. Stg 1+sold
    10' Gti sold
    06 A4 sold

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Negative on the mag ride here.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

No mag ride here and currently on KW Variant 3 suspension (no issues until now).

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

So it appears to be fault: U0415 Invalid Data Received From Anti-Lock Brake System Control Module

Anyone had experience with this?