Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Audi RS7 tunes for use with 91 octane discussion- APR, GAIC, Revo, VR

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    hi all,

I've seen much more info on the apr tune and they are in the news quite a bit more. I've been surfing the forum on and off for a few months trying to pickup info on each one. I love in South OC and GAIC is about 3 miles from my house. Revo is pushed by the local install shop. I don't know much about VR. Glancing at the internet, it seems like the VR and Revo are significantly less expensive than the other ones.

Anyone have thoughts or experience on any of these lesser known products? I mean, some of these there's over 66% in cost.

Car is a 2014 RS7 that is bone stock and will be used on 91 except for at the track or 1/2 mile events (which are rare).

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Daytona Gray RS7 | 2014 Chevy Silverado 1LT

Revo is cheaper than everyone else because they donít make nearly as much power as the others do. The real issue is that so many fewer people buy and tune these cars compared to say the S4 or even the RS3 platform. There you get a lot more competition from the experience of tuners working a platform with a lot of vehicles. Canít speak to GIAC but I have seen good things about APR and Unitronic, and bad things about EPL. I personally have gone APR, and aside from the cold weather issues (which exist even in the stock cars, and wonít be an issue in OC), Iíve loved them.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Two Rings Kodachrome's Avatar
    AZ Member #

What cold weather issues are we talking, misfires?
    2015 Audi RS7, Prism Silver, stock for now.
    2012 Audi A4 Prestige, Brilliant Black, APR Stage-1, sold
    2005 Toyota Tacoma 4WD, stage-3, 407HP

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
    What cold weather issues are we talking, misfires?
    Yes, misfires mostly on Cylinder 5. Havenít gotten gapped spark plugs like APR suggests just yet. Ordered new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

For those with the APR tune, I'll be picking up a RS7 which already has a Stage 1 APR tune loaded. I'm accustom to having a device that allows me to switch tunes. Does APR have something similar to this? Does the Stage 1 tune come with multiple tunes (e.g. 100 oct tune) and if so, how do you change between them?
    Current Cars:
    2012 Mazdaspeed3:
    Past Cars:
    2007 911 Turbo: Exhaust/Tune
    1997 Dodge Viper: Hennessey 500 Package - 440rwhp/460rwtq
    2000 Miata:
    1990 Miata: T28 Turbo
    1994 RX7: A-Spec 500R Single Turbo
    2000 S4: Stage 3
    2005 GTO: Headers, cam, suspension, wheels, etc - 423rwhp/387rwtq

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HardHitter View Post
    For those with the APR tune, I'll be picking up a RS7 which already has a Stage 1 APR tune loaded. I'm accustom to having a device that allows me to switch tunes. Does APR have something similar to this? Does the Stage 1 tune come with multiple tunes (e.g. 100 oct tune) and if so, how do you change between them?
    Yeah, if you have the mobile dongle from APR you download the APR mobile app on your phone. Once you connect the dongle via Bluetooth to your phone you can shift between programs. I have 91, 93, 100, and 104 octane files loaded.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

You're dealer is going to push whoever they sell. I've had Revo its total shit in comparison. APR tune made more at the wheels that Revo made at the crank. It was definitely an improvement over stock but the support from Revo was utter crap. Avoid it's shit

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Audi S6 C7.5 Avant 2016 Sepang Blue APR Stage 2, Custom Downpipes, Revo RS Intake, X-Pipe & Resonator Delete - 441WHP 528WTQ 551BHP 660 LB FT.