Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Stupid check valve question

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    My tuner is currently remote tuning my car. And he said I have to check the green check valves on the intake manifold. The pcv and the diverter valves. What is the best way to check these items. Also what exactly is he seeing on his logs and what am I looking to find when I check these parts??

Any info helps thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    15 VW GTI S-Very WHITE

Diverter valves---Make sure they hold a vacuum----remove the small hose an attach a vac source(hand pump)
    Check valves---These suck---need to be removed ---make sure you can't blow through them with a reverse flow---you'll see the arrow on the body. There are (2) of these-one on top of the intake the other close to the pass side diverter valve.
    Pressure Limiting Valve---pull a vacuum on the side that attached to the Y-pipe----the diaphram will close restricting the flow---you'll hear a difference....
    Your tunner wants to insure there are NO vacuum leaks that will cause issues with the operation of the diverter valves as well as vac leaks that will confuse the MAF/ECU (un-metered air) that can cause lean issues under boost.....Have fun !

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Great thank you for the detailed descriptions sounds simple enough!!

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine