Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings JohnnyTooBad's Avatar
    AZ Member #

MMI Music from SD Card?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I have an SD card with about 5GB of music on it, that I figured I could load onto the MMI hard drive. When I put it in the SD card slot, and went through the MMI to import the music, it just sat there for about 5-10 minutes doing nothing, when I decided to cancel.

Am I doing something wrong, or should it take forever with no indication of what it's doing? The tracks are within folders for the albums, which are within a folder called Music, inside of a folder called DCIM. Do I need to pull the album folder up to the root, or just start the import and wait a few hours? The MMI User manual is useless on this. It makes it look like I should immediately see a folder structure when I put the card in.
    (DEAD) 2006 B7 A4 Avant 2.0T. Blue/Tan, Auto. 100% Stock, except for some window tint
    Replaced with a unicorn.... 2011 A6 Avant 3.0T, also Blue/Tan. Premium Plus, S-Line, Cold Weather Package.

Veteran Member Four Rings Audibot's Avatar
    AZ Member #

All the music on my SD cards are in folders in root directory. No subfolders to look for. I hate the limited importation space, so I just opted to leave it where it was.
    2016 A6 TDI Prestige - S-Line, Black Optics, Driver Assistance, HUD, LED Headlights, Cold Weather, Warm Weather
    2003 allroad 6MT - STUKLR Stage 1, Hotchkis sway bars, RS4 engine mounts, Apikol rear diff mounts