Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Headlight switch issues - Low beams always on, parking sight signal

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I finally picked up an S4 a week ago and have been tinkering with it. On FB, I saw that someone else had a similar problem with headlights (I thought it was normal). I cannot figure out if this normal, since my owner's manual only demonstrates a headlight switch without AUTO and no mention of the coming home switch.

The issue is that when the car is on, the green parking light icon is on the dash regardless of headlight switch position (0, AUTO, Parking Light, Headlight). My headlights are on at full strength in the first, second, and fourth positions - 0, AUTO, and Headlight. In the third position, Parking Light, the headlights turn off.

The previous owner said that he replaced the old switch because it was not working, and the new switch is part # 8E0941531B5PR . I tried the old switch, which looks the same, but the switch does not click through the positions. It does the same thing of headlights on at all positions except Parking Light, with the addition of a warning beep.

I saw a post about this earlier, a rec to scan with vag-com, but I don't have one yet and issue was not resolved.

Also, does anyone have instruction for this small switch next to the headlight switch? It is also not in my manual.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

You need vag so you can reprogram the central control module for headlights.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Audizine mobile app

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

So basically the green parking dash light and the headlights should be turning off at the 0 position? I am wondering if my model just did not come with the auto feature (I think it was an early 04) and so it this the source of the error?