Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring HepatitisQ's Avatar
    AZ Member #

98 2.8 30V Running rich and stutters on warm start, already replaced cts

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So I'm having this strange rich problem that causes my car to start up normally at cold, start up pretty alright at warm after like maybe 10 minutes to 30 minutes-ish, then start on the first crank but for a second or two looks like it's about to die out till it catches itself.
    I've already replaced the Coolant Sensor, Spark Plugs, MAF (it was A LOT worse before this), Purge Valve, and new oil and air filter. I've also pulled the rail out and put the key in the on position to check for any leaks at the injectors and got nothing. I currently don't have a fuel pressure tester and not sure if the O'Reileys has the right fitting for it, but the only other thing I'm suspecting is something with the pump. I just wanted to see if anyone else had this happen before or if there's another possible suspect I haven't checked.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Fuel pump / Fuel Pump regulator I guess. What do logs and VCDS say?
    2000 Audi A4 B5 Avant - 1.8 N/A ARG bottom end, AEB Head ( cams, valves, springs etc.) , big port gasket matched N/A intake manifold . Planning turbo conversion soonTM .

AZ Member #

YES! MINE TOO!! What is it?!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered Member One Ring HepatitisQ's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Blazius View Post
    Fuel pump / Fuel Pump regulator I guess. What do logs and VCDS say?
    That's one other issue, I haven't gotten those tools yet. New to the VW/Audi club.
    I did however grab a bunch of regulators off other cars in the local scrapyard. After swapping about 4 different regulators and checking the long term trims, nothing has changed. Also the fuel pump had been changed two years ago which unless the old owner got a cheap ass pump, doubt it would be kicking the bucket this soon.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by HepatitisQ View Post
    That's one other issue, I haven't gotten those tools yet. New to the VW/Audi club.
    I did however grab a bunch of regulators off other cars in the local scrapyard. After swapping about 4 different regulators and checking the long term trims, nothing has changed. Also the fuel pump had been changed two years ago which unless the old owner got a cheap ass pump, doubt it would be kicking the bucket this soon.
    Well then you really need to pickup VCDS. you can pick up one for 30 bucks too. Other thing could be the crank angle sensor.
    2000 Audi A4 B5 Avant - 1.8 N/A ARG bottom end, AEB Head ( cams, valves, springs etc.) , big port gasket matched N/A intake manifold . Planning turbo conversion soonTM .