Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

2017 RS7 paint bubble in the hood

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Just want to thank everybody for all the great information on this forum. I have learned a lot about my car from all of you here. This is my first Audi and I love it. I was wondering if anybody else was having any issues with bubbles in the hood. I took the car to the dealer they say it’s out of paint warranty and they’re not able to help. Funny you spend 100k+ for a car and within a 2 years the hood Paint is bubbling. The car has never been painted even the dealer agreed that it is factory paint. Any information would be helpful.

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Snapcase View Post
    Just want to thank everybody for all the great information on this forum. I have learned a lot about my car from all of you here. This is my first Audi and I love it. I was wondering if anybody else was having any issues with bubbles in the hood. I took the car to the dealer they say it’s out of paint warranty and they’re not able to help. Funny you spend 100k+ for a car and within a 2 years the hood Paint is bubbling. The car has never been painted even the dealer agreed that it is factory paint. Any information would be helpful.
    Hello Snapcase,

Thank you for reaching out, we're so glad to hear about your love for your RS7 but I am very sorry to learn about the paint bubble. When you stopped into the dealership, did they give you any information on the root cause of the bubble? Paint is covered under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty but there are exclusions including: Outside influence such as stone chips, gravel, nicks, or dents, environmental influences such as acid rain, road salt, or industrial fallout, normal deterioration such as fading, discoloration, or loss of luster, lack of maintenance, excessive rubbing, use of improper cleaners, polishes or waxes. I would be happy to look into the matter further for you if you'd like to PM me some additional information, but we do use the dealership as a primary resource to determine the diagnosis.

Thank you,
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager