Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

P3 multi gauge install issue

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys,

I just bought the preinstalled in OEM vent P3 gauge from a forum member. My car is the B8.5 and my vent doesn't have an wire connector on the bottom of the vent which is weird because the one I bought and also other B8 S4's on the install guide video has one.
    Are they different from B8 and B8.5? If so, any solution to install it? I may sell it if I couldn't figure out and buy the new one without vent option.

Thank you.

Established Member Two Rings BigKeshy's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I ran into this issue as well. From what I can tell, B8.5 doesn't have a detachable wire connector under the vent.

I installed the gauge in my stock vent by prying up the trim enough to slip the vent out of the dash so I'd have enough space to run the cable back behind it. The trim on my vehicle is all one piece across. No separate left side like the install video has.

It's a tedious job, but not terribly difficult as long as you're patient and take your time. It took me about 30 minutes in a dimly lit garage working via light from a headlamp and flashlight on my phone.

You can remove the gauge from the pre-installed vent and install it in your stock vent. Then just sell the pre-installed vent individually (or keep it as a back-up. Up to you)
    2013 B8.5 S4 MT