Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Rolls in park, shudders in drive.

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Wife called from the end of the road saying she's stuck with the allroad because the front air suspension was slammed all the way down. I go down and get the air suspension to raise up. Notice the parking brake is on, turn that off and I start rolling forward with the car in park. Go to put in reverse and it won't move, just shudders. Put it into drive and I'm able to roll forward and do a big slow U turn to try and get it home. As soon as I get to the slight upward grade the car starts shaking and won't move. Sitting still in drive it will do the shudder thing too. Not sure but I think the speedometer was registering a speed while it sat still doing it. What do you think, transmission toast?, a broken CV shaft or two?

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Broken front CV shaft is my guess.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

That's what i was thinking too since you could feel it in the steering wheel. Had it towed home, will get it up in the air some time this week.