Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings frankvan's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B7 A4 2.0T; 07 RS4; 04 Touareg; MINI Cooper; VStrom 1000

Question 2.0T engine pull

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Swapping the engine in my 06 2.0T AT.
    Almost have old engine out except... i'm down to one bolt that i can't get leverage on connecting motor to tranny - 16mm bolt right behind the oil filter. It's approached from behind. I can get a socket on it but due to car frame, and other stuff can't get enough leverage to break it free. Once it breaks free it should come out easily by hand like the others i hope.
    There's also that one bolt just underneath the same area that has a tight fit for access - the oil pan curves down in front of it.
    Any links to 2.0T engine pulls with pictures out there that i'm unable to find?

ANY SUGGESTIONS would be welcome!

(and because there's always that one person, yes i've searched the forums and not found what i was looking for. And yes you'll probably find that one post that answers my question but not post a link to it and retort "use the search function")

Senior Member Four Rings Theiceman's Avatar
    AZ Member #

what about youtube ? anything there ? I find it a good resource for some stuff.
    2014 A4 2.0TQ Technik
    2006 A4 2.0TQ 6spd
    1978 Porsche 911SC Targa
    1976 Yamaha XS 360

Established Member Two Rings MALMGRDC's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by frankvan View Post
    Swapping the engine in my 06 2.0T AT.
    Almost have old engine out except... i'm down to one bolt that i can't get leverage on connecting motor to tranny - 16mm bolt right behind the oil filter. It's approached from behind. I can get a socket on it but due to car frame, and other stuff can't get enough leverage to break it free. Once it breaks free it should come out easily by hand like the others i hope.
    There's also that one bolt just underneath the same area that has a tight fit for access - the oil pan curves down in front of it.
    Any links to 2.0T engine pulls with pictures out there that i'm unable to find?

ANY SUGGESTIONS would be welcome!

(and because there's always that one person, yes i've searched the forums and not found what i was looking for. And yes you'll probably find that one post that answers my question but not post a link to it and retort "use the search function")
    Extensions and a wobbly with a ratchet?
    2006 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0TFSI 6M
    - United Motorsport Tuned - CTS FMIC - CTS Full Catback Exhaust - JHM Test Pipe - ECS CAI - Southbend Stage II Clutch/LWFW - Autotech HPFP - GFB DV+ - 034 Motor Mounts - UM Catch Can - p3 multi gauge with analog boost sensor -
    Waiting for install:
    -Koni Yellows/Eibach Sport Springs
    -034 Front Upper Strut Mount
    -034 Density Line UCA's

Veteran Member Four Rings Charles.waite's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I know with a few stubborn tranny bolts I used a high offset box wrench, like these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006HAQW36

That to crack it loose, then a socket with a wobble to spin it off.
    -CP
    2008 Brilliant Black Unicorn (2.0t S-Line Ti 6MT Avant)
    2012 Q5 2.0t - Stock Mommy Missile with new timing chains
    Former USP CLUB MEMBER #136
    2004 A4 1.8TQ 6MT USP - APR Stage 1+ - FSI Coils - BKR7EIX-11 - B6S4 Front + B7A4 Rear Brakes - 034 Street Trans Mount
    SOLD -- 2006 A4 2.0TQ Avant Tiptronic

Established Member Two Rings frankvan's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B7 A4 2.0T; 07 RS4; 04 Touareg; MINI Cooper; VStrom 1000

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CZKDJYB1w9Kt99mY6

two short wobbly extensions, one long, one universal, one long and breaker bar. Run along the top left of transmission tunnel. Once it was cracked it spun off by hand.
    Now to get the one underneath those coolant hoses going to the back of engine.
    Broke one of the heater core plastic connectors trying to wiggle it off to get access to the top bolt. Wonder how much one of those is...
    Now i'm thinking how am i going to reattach all this to the new engine. Maybe easier to remove tranny with engine?
    Beginning to think it'd be easier just to replace the car.