Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Carbon Fiber flat bottom steering wheel

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Has anyone replaced their existing flat bottom steering wheel with the tag motorsports carbon fiber one?

I am looking at the one in the website*https://tagmotorsports.com/neidfakto...-s5-rs5-rs3-s3

How easy was it to replace? a

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B9 S4

I like it and it would look great with my red seats, but for $2k I dont think I will be buying anytime soon...

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Have done a few for customers and the installation is a snap. You would reuse your airbag, unclip airbag, unplug, undo the center bolt and slide old wheel off. Slide new on and reverse procedure:

Steering Wheel | Custom Flat-Bottom

That above photos has the optional performance controls added. Those do add some wiring and components in, but can be added if wanted as well:

Controls | Flat-Bottom Performance

If you have any questions do let me know or PM/email: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,

AZ Member #

That R8 style wheel is the sex with the additional controls
    2018 SQ5 - Daytona, Prestige

*Sold*2011 S4 - EPL Dual Pulley + TCU - 20" BBS LM - Bilstein B12 - APR RSC Exhaust
    Deval CF Diffuser - Maxton Splitter - USP Intake - MercRacing HE - CR15 -AutoTech HPFP

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Alex@Europrice.us View Post
    Have done a few for customers and the installation is a snap. You would reuse your airbag, unclip airbag, unplug, undo the center bolt and slide old wheel off. Slide new on and reverse procedure:

Steering Wheel | Custom Flat-Bottom

That above photos has the optional performance controls added. Those do add some wiring and components in, but can be added if wanted as well:

Controls | Flat-Bottom Performance

If you have any questions do let me know or PM/email: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,
    Have you attempted installing the RS3 8V steering wheel in to a B8 S4? And if at all possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2010 B8 S4 DSG, Sports Diff, ADS, B&O, DVBT, DAB
    Unitronic Stage 3 ECU & Stage 2 TCU, iABED Fluidampr 189, CTS SC Pulley, ECS LT Carbon Intake
    DBA T3 Slotted Rotors F&R, APR CPS, Forge Inserts

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by paulyv View Post
    Have you attempted installing the RS3 8V steering wheel in to a B8 S4? And if at all possible?
    It is possible with a micro adapter which just translate the multi-function control inputs to what the car does now. I did test personally and found that the micro adapters lagged and had issues so wasn't an OE quality upgrade. You also end up with 3-4 buttons that do not function at all and some that are repetitive.

Cheers,

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Alex@Europrice.us View Post
    It is possible with a micro adapter which just translate the multi-function control inputs to what the car does now. I did test personally and found that the micro adapters lagged and had issues so wasn't an OE quality upgrade. You also end up with 3-4 buttons that do not function at all and some that are repetitive.

Cheers,
    Iíll probably be better off with the RS5 wheel then. Laggy and unused buttons will do my head in!!

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2010 B8 S4 DSG, Sports Diff, ADS, B&O, DVBT, DAB
    Unitronic Stage 3 ECU & Stage 2 TCU, iABED Fluidampr 189, CTS SC Pulley, ECS LT Carbon Intake
    DBA T3 Slotted Rotors F&R, APR CPS, Forge Inserts

Active Member Two Rings mr.memeyogirl's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by kpalakode View Post
    Has anyone replaced their existing flat bottom steering wheel with the tag motorsports carbon fiber one?

I am looking at the one in the website*https://tagmotorsports.com/neidfakto...-s5-rs5-rs3-s3

How easy was it to replace? a
    They look amazing and I'd love to get one, but for $2k its pretty steep to justify a standard steering wheel with some carbon. Plus I loose out on my heated steering too, if they can get the non-carbon portions to work with the heated steering wheel option then yeah it'll push me closer to buying one
    2018 Audi S4 Premium Plus- Glacier White/Magma Red
    Instagram: asaptowelie (personal) corsadesignofficial (business) - Follow Me