Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 audi a4 1.8t quattro

B5 A4 not running, code P1127

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    As the title suggests, my car hasn't been running for awhile now. Before all this, I noticed misfires at first and then it would stall out when coming to a stop. The first couple of times it would start right back up with no issue, until one night it occured and struggled to start. I was able to get it back home but next day it was crank with no start. I changed the spark plugs about a week ago but it didn't help. I finally got around to borrowing my friends obd scanner today and pulled up the code P1127. I did some research and it seems like the next steps to fixing this issue would be changing out my coil packs or injectors. Just making this post to see if anyone has any other suggestions, just in case it matters, the scanner is saying too rich, as I have seen some cases in which it says too lean. Thanks for any help y'all can provide!

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Use VCDS to scan computer. Generic scanners may not translate to Audi speak.
    I believe that code has to do with O2 sensors not operating correctly, like the sensor heaters are not working or bad wires.
    On A4's it's common for the O2 sensor wires to melt or break apart on the first sensor before the CAT, due to heat and age.
    You don't want to run the car with the O2 sensor wires shorting out, it's bad for your computer.
    Or the O2 sensors could just be failing.....broken connection internally or heaters burned out and not working anymore.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

I've been researching some more and have decided to clean the MAF because I have no idea what shape it's in, seems it could be another culprit. Would the 02 sensors keep the car from starting?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy312 View Post
    I've been researching some more and have decided to clean the MAF because I have no idea what shape it's in, seems it could be another culprit. Would the 02 sensors keep the car from starting?
    I dont think so. On startup the fuel trims are richened up, so the other thing that could be stopping you is the air side.
    2000 B5 A4 Avant - S Line - Sport package

N/A ARG bottom end, AEB Head | Planning t3/t4 turbo conversion soonTM

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

@Blazius So the O2 sensors shouldn't keep the car from starting, I'm gonna still clean the MAF just in case. If that doesn't work I'll go ahead and change the coil packs. One last question, is there any way to tell if my MAF needs to be replaced without being able to start the engine?

AZ Member #

Checking with multimeter. Google it.
    2000 B5 A4 Avant - S Line - Sport package

N/A ARG bottom end, AEB Head | Planning t3/t4 turbo conversion soonTM