Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Four Rings Ape Factory's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5/Infiniti QX70S stormtrooper/Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary

If you have ECS front end links, check them.

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I was replacing some screws in the wheel well area as I had some that were mismatched from a previous owner. While I had the car up and the front wheels off, I decided to check the front and rear end links. I'd previously had issues with the 034 Motorsports end links squeaking the day after any time it rained. They sent me new ones and all was good for some time but I started to get a squeak again.

I discovered that the outboard poly bushing on the driver's side front end link is disintegrating audit appears that's where the squeak is coming from. It's a polyurethane bushing and just looking at the remnants, to me it appears the density isn't high enough. The passenger's side looks just fine and these were torqued to spec. I'll be sending an email to ECS to see what they say.

If you have them, put some eyeballs on them and make sure they're still intact.

Pic
    2013 Audi RS5 Misano Red, 20x10 Klassen ID M10/JHM Stage 1 ECU Tune/AWE Tuning Touring Exhaust/Eventuri Intake/Bilstein PSS10/H&R Sways/STERN Upper Control Arms/CR-15 reinforcement bar/ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines/Apikol Rear Diff Bushing/ECS rear diff inserts/ECS front end links/034 Motorsports subframe inserts/034 Rear End Links/Tranny insert/E-code head & tail lights/Black Lip Spoiler, Red Trim Start Button, black emblems/VCDS.

Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings ECS Tuning-Audi's Avatar
    AZ Member #

That's very concerning. You have a PM from me, I'd like to get these back from you so we can do an R&D failure review and get a replacement set of links out to you.

-James

ECS Tuning your #1 source for all things German automotive
    Customer Service Hours: M - F 8:00am - 8:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
    Sales Team Hours: M - F 8:00am - 11:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
    sales@ecstuning.com | customerservice@ecstuning.com

Established Member Four Rings Ape Factory's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5/Infiniti QX70S stormtrooper/Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary

Yes I have an RMA and you guys were super easy to work with. Canít get them off the car til Monday though. Just a heads up.
    2013 Audi RS5 Misano Red, 20x10 Klassen ID M10/JHM Stage 1 ECU Tune/AWE Tuning Touring Exhaust/Eventuri Intake/Bilstein PSS10/H&R Sways/STERN Upper Control Arms/CR-15 reinforcement bar/ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines/Apikol Rear Diff Bushing/ECS rear diff inserts/ECS front end links/034 Motorsports subframe inserts/034 Rear End Links/Tranny insert/E-code head & tail lights/Black Lip Spoiler, Red Trim Start Button, black emblems/VCDS.