Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

2001 Audi A4 1.8t - How to charge AC system?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Does anyone know of a good on-line tutorial on charging the AC system on a 2001 A4?

I don't mean doing a recharge, I mean filling a new empty AC system from scratch.
    I've got the equipment, just need to know the appropriate procedure for this car.

AZ Member #

You got the big canisters and all that stuff ? Its recommended to do it at service, its not really a DIY .
    2000 Audi A4 B5 Avant - 1.8 N/A ARG bottom end, AEB Head ( cams, valves, springs etc.) , big port gasket matched N/A intake manifold . Planning turbo conversion soonTM .

AZ Member #

Naw....I was just going to do it with a garden hose, some zip ties and my emergency 12volt air compressor....lol. No, I have a two stage AC vacuum pump and gauges. Just curious if there is anything to know about Audi's system that is specific to the car. I do have a service manual for the car, not sure what's in it because I haven't looked at it yet. Was just looking to see if anyone knew of any info on-line about doing it in case there are some need-to-know experiences involved (Audi specific experience because it's an Audi and Audi's can be a pain in the ass sometimes).

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mobildetroit View Post
    Naw....I was just going to do it with a garden hose, some zip ties and my emergency 12volt air compressor....lol. No, I have a two stage AC vacuum pump and gauges. Just curious if there is anything to know about Audi's system that is specific to the car. I do have a service manual for the car, not sure what's in it because I haven't looked at it yet. Was just looking to see if anyone knew of any info on-line about doing it in case there are some need-to-know experiences involved (Audi specific experience because it's an Audi and Audi's can be a pain in the ass sometimes).
    Appreciate the sarcasm. Anyway in that case, you will have to wait for someone with more experience in recharging AC system @ home (lol). Your best bet would be the service manual , if there is anything about it there.
    2000 Audi A4 B5 Avant - 1.8 N/A ARG bottom end, AEB Head ( cams, valves, springs etc.) , big port gasket matched N/A intake manifold . Planning turbo conversion soonTM .