Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Modified my current exhaust...have a couple questions

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I went to a well known exhaust shop in the area and had them delete my Stasis mufflers (which were massive and damn heavy) with Aero exhaust mufflers on either side. They are quite smaller and light. I also had an x-pipe installed.

Are Aero mufflers good? I'm not sure which specific model was used.. The car sounds amazing now though after that x-pipe but I wasnt sure what people use or have used when they've gone the custom exhaust route..

Veteran Member Four Rings s vier's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 RS5

Might want to tell us about what model you have first. I assume either S5 or RS5 but which motor S5? Also, kind of putting the cart in front of the horse now aren't we since they are already on....
    2015 Suzuka RS5 Black Optics+Carbon Ceramics-Euro Recaro Bucket -Akrapovic -AWE DPs-Ecodes-Euro fold CF Neidfaktor mirrors-3M+Suntech(whole car)-CR15-Red START button-034 diff carrier inserts-BBS CH-R 10.5x20 et25

IG: GERMANBrew

Senior Member Four Rings HazeMyth's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by s vier View Post
    Might want to tell us about what model you have first. I assume either S5 or RS5 but which motor S5? Also, kind of putting the cart in front of the horse now aren't we since they are already on....
    I mean, he did also install the mufflers before asking anyone what they thought about them. Based on that, I'd say he may wear his pants backwards, too. Kris Kross fans can appreciate that.
    2013 Audi S5
    2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    2003 Evolution VIII (Cammed, etc)
    2004 Subaru STI - Stg. 2 (Sold)
    IG: @MrHazeMyth

Veteran Member Four Rings vdubjetta02's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Aero turbine mufflers have always sounded awesome....so good choice.

*Not sure it matters what we think as you already stated you love the sound of your car now
    CURRENT:
    APR - B8 A4 Avant
    2008 - 4Runner

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I mean I can get it adjusted for free and go back if I'm not happy. The shop is excellent and the guy works on everything from Pontiac to Lambo, catered a bit moreso to the higher end. He owned 3 RS5's in the past.

Sorry, I have a 4.2L S5..

I might add the JHM downpipes or High Flow Cat's down the road but smog might be an issue there..

The stasis kit had no resonators so I just have the OEM ones on. The AERO turbine mufflers are a tad long so the bend at the end of my Stasis piping to the muffler narrows a bit from 2.5" since it's a harder turn, wasnt sure if that plays a role in fuel consumption, back pressure, sound, etc...thanks guys

Established Member Three Rings Sazexa's Avatar
    AZ Member #

We can't judge it without hearing it!

I think sound is also incredibly suggestive. I personally prefer my exhaust set up to basically any other 4.2L V8 S5 I've heard, and it's custom but also super simple and very easy to replicated, but also probably too loud for most people in a daily set up. About as loud as a car with the AWE track exhaust with non-resonated down pipes.
    Too many mods to list, too many more wanted