Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Help Needed: Install AliExpress CarPlay

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey All.

Apologies upfront if there is a thread for this install, however, I diligently searched and couldn't find a tutorial.

I have a 2012 Q5 S-Line and purchased the AliExpress CarPlay addition. Pulled the head unit and climate control. Plugged the unit in and went to check it without reassembling the whole thing. NOTHING.

Went into green menu and the AUX is active, as it was before (was using a BT adapter plugged into glovebox, previously).

The unit is turning on inside ALI UNIT -- green light is lit internally -- but I am getting no AUX option in the vehicle/MMI when I go to "Media".

I have turned off bluetooth on my phone, per the god-awful "instructions". Still nothing.

If there is a link to a video that would be lovely. Cheers.

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I also tried the two possible combos for the dip switches for a q5 for the shipped unit (all up; 3 up, 3 down)