Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

06 A3 Bose Amp Location and Wiring help required

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hello all.

I am trying to install these sub-woofers In my car. https://www.amazon.com/Crunch-CR-212.../dp/B0728C2WL6

I own a 2006 Audi A3 2.0TFSI with the bose system. (I am a noob so bear with me) :)

I'm thinking it would be easiest to connect to the factory Bose amplifier in the back for all connections. I'd tap into the power, ground, and remote of the bose amplifier and connect to the sub I mentioned above. Am I on the right track here?

The bose amp speaker outputs would also be tapped and connected to an LOC converter which will then be connected to the sub-woofers mentioned above with RCA cables.

Please let me know if this would work. If so, do you know which side of the trunk the amp is located and the best way to get to it?

Thanks
    Last edited by Luisindi; 12-01-2018 at 06:03 PM.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

link is dead

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Established Member Two Rings Zoltar's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I wondered about doing similar as i have the bose sub-amp same A3. I have my old amp and 12" boxed sub. I think if you remove the trunk liner and look for the amp. Hope you can tap and test it. If you add an amp too and wire it up show your progress.

Sent from my LG-M470 using Tapatalk

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Chances are I will take all the trunk liner and see if I can tap into the bose amp. I will post it if I get it to work but it wont be until I am done with finals.