Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings ywang98's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Making the damper stiffer with tweaks?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I am not sure if this was asked before. Is there a way to code the damper to make it damp even more than the Dynamic setting?

If the dampers are already at it's max setting once the car is in the Dynamic mode, then I guess not, but I was just wondering.

Coming from a much stiffer car with coilovers, I was wondering if this was possible without changing out the suspension/damper hardware since the S4 dampers are electrically controlled.

Thanks.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ywang98 View Post
    I am not sure if this was asked before. Is there a way to code the damper to make it damp even more than the Dynamic setting?

If the dampers are already at it's max setting once the car is in the Dynamic mode, then I guess not, but I was just wondering.

Coming from a much stiffer car with coilovers, I was wondering if this was possible without changing out the suspension/damper hardware since the S4 dampers are electrically controlled.

Thanks.
    I don't think it's possible. Better but some lowering springs and also change the OEM sway bars to 034 motors or eurocode ones. These mods will make the car much more stable and stiffer. You will also have less body roll.

Active Member Two Rings ywang98's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Because I have the DAP, I don't want to change the springs to lower the car since the alignment after that will cost me about 800 bucks... Anyway, I will probably install a thicker rear sway bar.