Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Member Four Rings Jimmy ny's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Thank you. I can a gtr and destroy this car for 1300 a month. Tekinann. You come across like a snob. You write garbage. Audi tech ainít looking at a service manual to change springs. Your lucky you donít live in NY with your attitude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 TTS. Mythos Black w/ Nappa Red interior. APR 1, AFE Intake

AZ Member #

Well the GTR was gonna be my main point as well. With that money thatís what you pretty much can get. Not sure about the AMG GTS tho, my buddy just leased a GT and his build costed $149. His payment is over 2k/month. But he could be getting screwed idk. I think the M4 is over priced as well. Like I said I drove one and for the monthly payment you just donít get a lot.

As far as dudes attitude, yea he comes off like a arrogant snob but I also know itís just the keyboard talking and that most people donít take a down talking tone with me face to face. So I donít let it bother me but in response to his post.... affording the car is not an issue, itís my legit opinion, and everyone is entitled to one of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Nez136 View Post
    Well the GTR was gonna be my main point as well. With that money thatís what you pretty much can get. Not sure about the AMG GTS tho, my buddy just leased a GT and his build costed $149. His payment is over 2k/month. But he could be getting screwed idk. I think the M4 is over priced as well. Like I said I drove one and for the monthly payment you just donít get a lot.

As far as dudes attitude, yea he comes off like a arrogant snob but I also know itís just the keyboard talking and that most people donít take a down talking tone with me face to face. So I donít let it bother me but in response to his post.... affording the car is not an issue, itís my legit opinion, and everyone is entitled to one of those.

Well said. If you lived near me , you and I would be boys. Ainít drinking no champagne. Bottle beer

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy ny View Post
    Well said. If you lived near me , you and I would be boys. Ainít drinking no champagne. Bottle beer

Haha pretty sure Iíve only had champagne 4 times in my life. I prefer beer as well.... or Jack Daniels

'11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

AZ Member #

Jack. Vodka. Jager. Beer. Iím always down. as well.

AZ Member #

Funny talking about the worth for cars in this class, took a AMG C63s for a drive at the dealer today. The salesman didnít come along so it gave me a little seat time with my boss to beat on it. Pretty fun and awesome car.
    Iím pretty wide so the interior is a little tight for me and being that cold outside made it even harder to put the power to the ground. They had it priced at 86k with all the bells and whistles (AMG exhaust, their tech and driving assist, port options blah blah). Lease for 12xx and finance for 14xx (yes guy I can afford this). First thing my boss said was, ďI wouldnít pay 86k for this carĒ. I agreed. Given Iíd want the Ď19 with the face lift and the newer bells and whistles added to the interior anyway, itís just a lot of money for what you get. Just opinions.
    I will say that Iíd prefer both the RS5 and 63s over the M3/4. Just overall better cars for people that are driving day to day.

'11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

AZ Member #

I really like Mercedes. I would have got the E450. I love the interior and the classic Benz coupe stature. BUT, why did they remove the transmission console gear selector? I donít like that shifter on the column at all. I make quite a few 3 point turns at my job and my console complex. That shifter would drive me crazy.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Iíve been looking at the BMW M550i xDrive. Itís a lot of car for the money and I can get one for less than the cost of a RS5. Next July itís geting a facelift including iDrive 7.0, full digital dash, and an upgraded engine (460HP -> 530HP). With a tune youíll be pushing over 600HP. People are already getting well over 500HP with a tune on the current 460HP engine. Itís AWD and BMW offers great leasing and financing incentives. Plus if youíre a member of the BMWCCA you get an additional discount on top of whatever youíve negotiated. .

AZ Member #

Yea. My father had the 550xdrive m package. He was paying 900. That was 3 years ago. He moved into the X4m for 700. He liked the car. It was fast. But a lot of issues with the run flat tires and the M suspension. Car would break the sidewalls on act pot hole. He had the insurance but still a pain. I believe he went through 5 tires.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy ny View Post
    I really like Mercedes. I would have got the E450. I love the interior and the classic Benz coupe stature. BUT, why did they remove the transmission console gear selector? I donít like that shifter on the column at all. I make quite a few 3 point turns at my job and my console complex. That shifter would drive me crazy.

It is really stupid. Wasnít hard to manage even after a short test drive but I didnt like it at all.

'11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JohnEnglish View Post
    Iíve been looking at the BMW M550i xDrive. Itís a lot of car for the money and I can get one for less than the cost of a RS5. Next July itís geting a facelift including iDrive 7.0, full digital dash, and an upgraded engine (460HP -> 530HP). With a tune youíll be pushing over 600HP. People are already getting well over 500HP with a tune on the current 460HP engine. Itís AWD and BMW offers great leasing and financing incentives. Plus if youíre a member of the BMWCCA you get an additional discount on top of whatever youíve negotiated. .
    It definitely needs a power boost. My buddy got rid of his S6 for one and said he liked his Audi better on the performance end. Poor bastard ended up hydro locking the m550 with only 4K miles on it.

'11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

AZ Member #

My local dealer has had the same two RS5 coupes on the lot since at least August. I assume they will have to start dealing soon or they will be stuck with these two well into 2019. Based on the S5 SB/coupe sales ratio, I think the RS5 SB will fare quite a bit better, but still wonder whether the RS5 offers enough unique aspects over the S5 to sustain sales after the initial rush has subsided.

AZ Member #

B9 RS5 Price Discussion

Years back my buddy was the GM of my local dealer. They had a R8 ďGTĒ which was a limited addition version if you guys remember right. Matte white . Beautiful machine. Well the thing sat for 6 months with a MSRP of 250k.

They ended up selling it for 200🤢. So yea I definitely expect them to discount a limited addition car if they want it off the lot...

'11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12