Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Not great Service experience...

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I want to get some feedback here regarding a not great Audi Service experience I had at my local dealership. To start, I have a 2015 Audi S4 DSG with 37K miles on it. I called and made my appointment for a couple issues with my car. The issues are as follows: timing chain noise on cold start ups, unresponsive MMI for extended period of time (has happened 3 times) and finally, the car has shut off when switching from reverse into drive (has happened twice). My service advisor acknowledged these issues and got me setup with a loaner for the day. The next day I went to pick up my car and she went through what was done on the car. She confirmed the timing chain noise was correct and acknowledged the TSB regarding that issue and said they are happy to perform the fix for me for a couple thousand dollars... She did mention that "is isn't a problem its just noise". As for the MMI issue and the car shutting off issue, they charged me $160 roughly for their "diagnostics" which means I paid $160 for a tech to drive my car 10 miles and see if he could duplicate the problem. I was told that hooking the car up to diagnostic machine would be a different test/different charge. Obviously, the tech was unable to duplicate either issue as they are sporadic... Since then, the car shut off on me once more and it was as I was backing up out onto a relatively busy road. That could have been very bad had the car coming not been paying attention. I find it disturbing that they wouldn't immediately plug their scan tool into the car to see if there were any red flags, so to speak, with the trans or ecu that would cause it to shut off. Am I being ridiculous? In my past experiences, when a car is under warranty and I am having an issue with it, the diagnosis has not been charged to me. I won't mention the dealership by name so as not to bring negative "press" at this time. Any input is appreciated though.

Thanks in advance
    -Mark

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 Subaru Outback

Isn't your car still under warranty?

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Yes it is. It's a bone stock, '15 with 37K on it.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1946 CJ2A

Are you modified- running a tune or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Volcano Red S5 Cabriolet, 93 Mustang 5.0

Sounds like you need to find a new dealership. There should be no charge at all for warranty claim that is still covered by the factory bumper-to-bumper warranty. And the comment... "it isn't a problem its just noise"... would send me running far away from her service department.

Good luck and I hope this is resolved in your favor.
    Family comes First!.... Nice cars a close second.

2017 SQ5 Ibis White, Black Optics P+ with Tech, Nappa, 21" wheels, Milltek exhaust, EPL Stage 2... more to come
    And for topless Summer fun... 2013 Volcano Red S5 Cabriolet Prestige, Black Optics Grill, Rear Valance, Tint, Unitronics Stage 3 with DP and TCU, IE Down Pipes... doesn't get any better!
    2018 Manhattan Grey Q5 Premium Plus with Nav, Hot & Cold packages, 20" wheels, B/O sound... wifey's new ride