Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring InfamouS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Bang and Olufsen system or MMI problems

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi everyone,

Iím wondering if anyone else is having this issue I am having. I have a B9 S4 with the B & O sound system.

When listening to music through Bluetooth only (not radio), sometimes it seems as though the eq randomly changes. It seems like randomly the treble will be turned down for a few seconds and will revert back to normal during the same song.

There are no surround effects on except for the surround level at Medium.

Car is under warranty but would it be the speaker system or my MMI unit?

Any idea what might be going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Audi S4

Veteran Member Four Rings bakedziti's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '77 MGB Roadster

Quote Originally Posted by InfamouS4 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Iím wondering if anyone else is having this issue I am having. I have a B9 S4 with the B & O sound system.

When listening to music through Bluetooth only (not radio), sometimes it seems as though the eq randomly changes. It seems like randomly the treble will be turned down for a few seconds and will revert back to normal during the same song.

There are no surround effects on except for the surround level at Medium.

Car is under warranty but would it be the speaker system or my MMI unit?

Any idea what might be going on?

How new/old is your iPhone? What version of iOS are you running?

I would guess that its the phone before the car, and I say that after using a CarPro and/or Tune2Air devices in my B8. Every once in a while the volume will suddenly go quiet, or the volume is unresponsive (won't go up or down from the MMI or my phone) for a little while.
    2011 A4 P+ QGM | Sport Package | 6MT | MMI | B&O
    GIAC (stage) | Eurocode HFC & Alu Kreuz | Stasis Exhaust | H&R RSB | DV+ | CR-15 | ECS Intercooler w/ Piping & Street Shield | P3

the egyptian prescription

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bakedziti View Post
    How new/old is your iPhone? What version of iOS are you running?

I would guess that its the phone before the car, and I say that after using a CarPro and/or Tune2Air devices in my B8. Every once in a while the volume will suddenly go quiet, or the volume is unresponsive (won't go up or down from the MMI or my phone) for a little while.
    I have a IPhone X on the latest iOS

2018 Audi S4

Veteran Member Four Rings bakedziti's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '77 MGB Roadster

Quote Originally Posted by InfamouS4 View Post
    I have a IPhone X on the latest iOS

Did it start suddenly? Maybe after a recent update, or has it always been like this?
    2011 A4 P+ QGM | Sport Package | 6MT | MMI | B&O
    GIAC (stage) | Eurocode HFC & Alu Kreuz | Stasis Exhaust | H&R RSB | DV+ | CR-15 | ECS Intercooler w/ Piping & Street Shield | P3

the egyptian prescription

AZ Member #

I've observed plenty of bugs via bluetooth. I'm running android though. One that happens almost all the time is the songs which are displayed on my car's screen get messed up....what I mean by that is it duplicates some songs and other songs aren't displayed. It's quite odd. I don't have hardly any issues with any of the other many bluetooth devices I pair with.

Never noticed anything weird with the eq. I'll have to pay more attention.

Connecting to my S4's bluetooth works quite decently, but I've never experienced so many random glitches. My 2015 S3 never had any of these issues (same phone). I've learned that resetting my phone quite often is needed when these random glitches do happen.

Now, I'd like to see audi's bluetooth support some higher end bluetooth codecs. At least they've adopted AAC (seems like my S3 only supported SBC at best). For those with iphones, this doesn't matter.

AZ Member #

I have noticed this since day one. But itís strange, it doesnít do it when connected via car play or radio.

Similarly I have noticed that sometimes after I receive a call and the call is finished, when it goes back to playing the music, the subwoofer will not always engage. The fix for this is switching to the radio and then back to media.

Very annoying.

2018 Audi S4