Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Saw a C8 S7 on the road today...

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    41B93FAB-BDFF-4D34-91CE-3FE1A0B9E556.jpg

...and it is definitely a TT V6. I'm kind of disappointed.

Veteran Member Four Rings OmaHahn's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1st owner '64 1/2 Ford Mustang convertible D-Code (dads) '14 Ford Taurus SHO tuned 640 HP

The biggest reason I'm disappointed is the exhaust note! Nothing like a V8 exhaust.
    2009 A4 Premium Plus, 3.2 V6
    2014 Ford SHO, 3.5 twin turbo with mods, 640HP, daily driver

1964 1/2 Ford Mustang convertible, D-Code (original owner, Dad's ride I'm storing)

www.SmartBallGolf.com

Administrator Four Rings Anthony's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 A4 2.0T Sedan

Wow, I was ready to come in here and call bullshit, but by damn I see 4 visible exhaust tips!

If it has much (or more) HP and TQ than the V8, then who cares that it's a V6 and not a V8!?
    Anthony - Founder & Editor in Chief, Audizine

PREV: '99.5 A4 1.8T Avant | '03 GTI VR6 | '06 A4 2.0T Avant | '09 A4 2.0T | '12 A6 3.0 TFSI | '08 TT 2.0T Coupe | '14 SQ5 | '15 S3
    CURRENT: '95 Ur S6 Avant | '17 Macan GTS

Senior Member Three Rings Frenetic's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 Audi S7

How did you know it was V6?
    2017 S7 | Glacier White Metallic

Senior Member Three Rings socialpro's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 RS7, 2014 A6 TDI, 2018 S4, 2013 Gallardo 50th Anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxD View Post
    41B93FAB-BDFF-4D34-91CE-3FE1A0B9E556.jpg

...and it is definitely a TT V6. I'm kind of disappointed.
    Much better with real exhaust tips.

Surprised there are not more high quality shots online given the fact they are roaming around out there in the wild...

Quote Originally Posted by Frenetic View Post
    Guessing either by side badges and / or sound?

Active Member Two Rings 4Ringsof4ury's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 Audi S4 (SOLD)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcpTr_eTwWo

Definitely the 2.9TT. I am quite saddened by this.
    Daily Driver: 2014 S4 Ibis White, DSG, carbon fiber interior, sport seats, sport diff
    Mods: Platypus Front Plate Mount, CTS Turbo Billet Aluminum Oil Filter Housing, USP Billet Oil Dipstick, RS6 Style Quattro grille, more in the future...

Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Audi S4 Light Silver Metallic, 6 Speed Manual

Senior Member Two Rings Silent Drone's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Ugh. Hard to see the benefit of this over the C7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings DownhillA4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Yeah i've seen them being driven around North Jersey the past month or so.
    Tri-state Foliage Cruise 2018
    IG: @downhill_a4
    @I_like_your_box

"If you are a true automotive enthusiast whom loves their car,
    you learn to catch rides to parties and leave your car at home."- dougyfresh

Veteran Member Four Rings Brooklyn's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Newer design, significantly better ICE, and presumably the same or better power numbers out of a more fuel efficient engine. That said, a big selling point of the C7 for me was the sound of that 8cyl engine. Not sure all the improvements can get me past that. If all I cared about were numbers then it would be a no-brainer to make the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Drone View Post
    Ugh. Hard to see the benefit of this over the C7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    l 2013 S6 l Oolong Gray/Black l Previous: l 2013 C7 A6 3.0t l B8 S4 6MT l B6 S4 6MT l B6 A4 3.0 6MT l B5 Passat 1.8t 6MT l

Senior Member Three Rings Frenetic's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 Audi S7

Iíll probably just get the RS5 SB when my lease is up versus the newer S7. Same engine and probably save up to $15k.

Or, buyout my lease. Heck, I would imagine demand for our C7 S7s might be good once official word gets out of weaker C8 S7. I really canít see many people getting excited over a V6 S7. Less of course it can legitimately hit 60 in under 3.8 seconds stock, lol, which it wonít knowing what the lighter RS5 can do.

The biggest problem, of course, is that V6 is probably near maxed out from the factory, with not much room for mods, not like our cars with a lot of SAFE headroom. That will take a large bite off of demand from enthusiasts. And letís be real, enthusiasts probably constitutes a large portion of people buying these cars.
    2017 S7 | Glacier White Metallic

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Wow, I was ready to come in here and call bullshit, but by damn I see 4 visible exhaust tips!

If it has much (or more) HP and TQ than the V8, then who cares that it's a V6 and not a V8!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenetic View Post
    To answer both of you, the sound. No more rowdy V8 noise, just crappy V6 noise. I bought my 16 S6 out and Iím glad I did.

Established Member Two Rings a1dan_87's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I wonder if the RS versions are still going to rock the V8. I'm already disappointed a little in the choice of the V6 on the S models. Do we even get the new RS6 (/rs7) here in the states?

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Audizine mobile app

Administrator Four Rings Anthony's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 A4 2.0T Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by a1dan_87 View Post
    I wonder if the RS versions are still going to rock the V8. I'm already disappointed a little in the choice of the V6 on the S models. Do we even get the new RS6 (/rs7) here in the states?

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Audizine mobile app
    Would imagine the RS will be a V8, mainly in order to get enough HP to qualify as an "RS". We'll see an RS 7 here for sure, most likely an RS 6 sedan and there's been faint rumors of the RS 6 Avant finally making it to the US...but not holding my breath on that one.
    Anthony - Founder & Editor in Chief, Audizine

PREV: '99.5 A4 1.8T Avant | '03 GTI VR6 | '06 A4 2.0T Avant | '09 A4 2.0T | '12 A6 3.0 TFSI | '08 TT 2.0T Coupe | '14 SQ5 | '15 S3
    CURRENT: '95 Ur S6 Avant | '17 Macan GTS

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Would imagine the RS will be a V8, mainly in order to get enough HP to qualify as an "RS". We'll see an RS 7 here for sure, most likely an RS 6 sedan and there's been faint rumors of the RS 6 Avant finally making it to the US...but not holding my breath on that one.
    This is not a rumor, this is fact. My dealer called me about a month or two ago and told me they had a debrief/breakdown of information on the C8s and they ARE bringing the Avant over (no word on Sedan, but I hope not). They would not give my dealer any details on technical specifications, but we all know it is going to have the Porsche 4.0T with a ZF8. They are going to be exclusive order only and supposedly are gong to limit them to only a few hundred. However I am guessing that is what they think will actually sell and not an actual cap on what they would be willing to bring over if they had the orders.

Secondly, they are bringing an S6 Avant as well, but they will be a showroom car just like any other model.

The new S6/7 does have the 2.9T motor, but not sure why people here are already talking down a motor they have not driven or heard outside of Youtube videos or cruising on a street (most likely). I drove anew RS5 a few weeks ago and that motor with the stock exhaust actually sounds pretty damn good. No, it is not a V8, and believe me I get it as every car I have ever owned has had a V8. With that said though, it has that very "European" pure sound to it and is pleasant sound in my opinion. I am really curious to see what people will do with that motor and if it can reach the type of levels the 2.7T can. The transmission is also superior to any transmission used on the C7 platform; it shifts faster and is 100% smooth up or down in ANY GEAR at ANY RPM. It has none of that jerky/ shaking crap that the C7s do from either the limitations of the software or the too much give in the mounting.
    Current: 2014 RS7 AMD/UM Stage 1
    Gone: 2008 S5 - 2013 S8 - 2016 S6