Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring akamadations's Avatar
    AZ Member #

B9 A4 - H&R springs install on stock shocks

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I have a 2018 Audi A4 and I'm looking at lowering it a little. If I decide to get H&R springs am I going to need to buy anything else? Essentially what I'm asking is if I install these springs on the OEM shocks will this be an issue?

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

H&R makes different springs between 1-2 inches of lowering. If you only want to lower rhe car an inch they will work with the factory springs, anything more than that its recommended to use a damper made for lowering springs. An affordable option would be a spring/damper kit. Bilstein, Koni and Eibach all have sets available. they are not ride height adjustable but some kits like the Koni 1145 are ride quality (firm to soft) adjustable with knobs on top of the assemblies. If you only want an inch or so then a set of lowering springs with your factory dampeners will be fine.
    visit http://www.mgcsuspensions.com suspension parts for Porsche Audi Volkswagen BMW.