Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '06 B7/B6 RS4 JHM Stage 1+ S/C, '04 Ford Expedition, '08 Lambroghini Gallardo SL TT

JHM SC Tune problem

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So Iím writing this here as Iíve never had any joy with JHM to resolve this in over 18 months.

My car is unusable at present. In fact Iíve never actually driven the car since the build.

So I have a stage 1+ SC kit plus every conceivable bolt on JHM sells.

The issue is that I need a new tune from JHM that incorporates the deflap mod in the IM. My car would run properly until this happens. JHM say that they canít supply me with this tune due to my location. Doesnít really make any sense.

So Iím hoping this post will push them to resolve it. My only options if they donít is to get another 3 letter tuner to write a map for the car or reinstall the IM flaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings Audibot's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Any more specifics on why they can't sell you the tune with your location? I mean, it's just software. Not sure why this would be an issue in another country.

JHM sells their Cheetah cable (or whatever it's called)-- can you buy one, pay for the tune, and do the install yourself? If it's geographic by IP or something, then a decent VPN should get you that. Sounds a little bit ridiculous for an off the shelf tune. If it's a custom tune, I can understand-- you'd have to do dyno runs and log everything, send over the logs, and do a lot of back and forth.
    2016 A6 TDI Prestige - S-Line, Black Optics, Driver Assistance, HUD, LED Headlights, Cold Weather, Warm Weather
    2003 allroad 6MT - STUKLR Stage 1, Hotchkis sway bars, RS4 engine mounts, Apikol rear diff mounts

Veteran Member Four Rings Mr.Wrong's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Iirc there's something about different ECUs in RS4s over the pond vs NA ones. This might be an issue here. This topic has been discussed on AR, I just can't recollect if it was resolved. I suggest you search it or ask same thing there.
    2005 AUDI //S4 B6 6MT Atlas Gray 1/5 - Project Atlas Build Thread
    Forget the B8, keep the V8!
    Buying a used B6/7 S4 is like playing Russian roulette...

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '06 B7/B6 RS4 JHM Stage 1+ S/C, '04 Ford Expedition, '08 Lambroghini Gallardo SL TT

Quote Originally Posted by Audibot View Post
    Any more specifics on why they can't sell you the tune with your location? I mean, it's just software. Not sure why this would be an issue in another country.

JHM sells their Cheetah cable (or whatever it's called)-- can you buy one, pay for the tune, and do the install yourself? If it's geographic by IP or something, then a decent VPN should get you that. Sounds a little bit ridiculous for an off the shelf tune. If it's a custom tune, I can understand-- you'd have to do dyno runs and log everything, send over the logs, and do a lot of back and forth.
    I have the cable. I bought the whole catalogue of parts for the rs4.

The car wonít run long enough to do a dyno run. Itís massively overfuelled/rich.

Dru said that they have a file for the US cars but not for ROW cars with flap delete.

I live in Dubai do temps etc are way different than to us I guess. Nothing to do with IP.

The issue is the map or the lack of working map.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wrong View Post
    Iirc there's something about different ECUs in RS4s over the pond vs NA ones. This might be an issue here. This topic has been discussed on AR, I just can't recollect if it was resolved. I suggest you search it or ask same thing there.
    No idea. But if JHM canít help then Iíll either need to replace the IM with a standard one or get MRC to make a map for the car which I think is unfair due to the amount of money Iíve spent with JHM.

Senior Member Three Rings Velox's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    audi

Hmmm, I have an euro spec S4 and I live in Aruba. Would this pose any problems installing a JHM supercharger, sorry for the hijack.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

There have been new files that have been uploaded over the past weeks but still nothing that matches your box code from your last burn report. I have sent another email to Jason (the owner) to see what the eta is on this. I'm sorry that you have had to wait this long for a flap delete file.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wrong View Post
    Is there any way you could use the US ECUís

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Four Rings Mr.Wrong's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mugell0RS4 View Post
    Is there any way you could use the US ECUís

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    That's a great question actually. However, I won't be able to answer that.
    2005 AUDI //S4 B6 6MT Atlas Gray 1/5 - Project Atlas Build Thread
    Forget the B8, keep the V8!
    Buying a used B6/7 S4 is like playing Russian roulette...

Account Terminated Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by iconic78 View Post
    So Iím writing this here as Iíve never had any joy with JHM to resolve this in over 18 months.

My car is unusable at present. In fact Iíve never actually driven the car since the build.

So I have a stage 1+ SC kit plus every conceivable bolt on JHM sells.

The issue is that I need a new tune from JHM that incorporates the deflap mod in the IM. My car would run properly until this happens. JHM say that they canít supply me with this tune due to my location. Doesnít really make any sense.

So Iím hoping this post will push them to resolve it. My only options if they donít is to get another 3 letter tuner to write a map for the car or reinstall the IM flaps.

of course you can decode them ,send me an im ill get it done for you

Veteran Member Four Rings ZimbutheMonkey's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Ummm, you mean you've been waiting a month for this to be done....?

Intake flaps on
    flaps on by zimbu themonkey, on Flickr

Intake flaps off
    flaps off by zimbu themonkey, on Flickr

If you want to do this yourself, PM me and I'll send you the DAMOS for your car and you can just adjust the tune yourself with a $100 K-Ttag unit. http://www.pobd2.com/wholesale/ktag-...iAAEgIflvD_BwE

AZ Member #

There have been new files that have been uploaded over the past weeks but still nothing that matches your box code from your last burn report. I have sent another email to Jason (the owner) to see what the eta is on this.
    I guess that answers the question as to whether or not JHM does any tuning in house.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ZimbutheMonkey View Post

Intake flaps on

Intake flaps off

If you want to do this yourself, PM me and I'll send you the DAMOS for your car and you can just adjust the tune yourself with a $100 K-Ttag unit. http://www.pobd2.com/wholesale/ktag-...iAAEgIflvD_BwE
    No Iíve been waiting nearly a year and the car is undrivable.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hans solo View Post
    of course you can decode them ,send me an im ill get it done for you
    What do you need?

AZ Member #

JHM SC Tune problem

I guess that answers the question as to whether or not JHM does any tuning in house.
    I hate to break it to you, but JHM has never tuned their cars in house and this isnít a secret. They outsource the tuning to Kurt who does it because he enjoys helping the community so much. Other big companies, like APR, have also had Kurt help out with tuning when they couldnít figure certain things out for themselves.

What do you need?

Looks like Mario needs another new account since his got terminated again lol. I can reach out to Kurt and do what I can to help if youíd like? I have no affiliation with JHM, but Kurt has become a personal friend of mine and I know he would love to help.
    Last edited by mtwallace85; 12-09-2018 at 12:31 PM.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mtwallace85 View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but JHM has never tuned their cars in house and this isnít a secret. They outsource the tuning to Kurt who does it because he enjoys helping the community so much. Other big companies, like APR, have also had Kurt help out with tuning when they couldnít figure certain things out for themselves.
    Yeah, and to be frank there's nothing inherently wrong with farming out tuning and for the record, I agree with your assessment of Kurt he always struck me as a decent guy. Quite frankly, I'd like to get in touch with him one of these days and talk tuning with him .

If you're in touch with him, let him know will 'ya, I mean that seriously.

With that said, I'm just actually surprised that between the entire staff at JHM that no one has been able to help this kid out for over a year. If he wants his tumbler flaps deleted it's literally as easy as doing what I posted in the pictures above unless there are some other issues that the OP hasn't disclosed.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Looks like Mario needs another new account since his got terminated again lol. I can reach out to Kurt and do what I can to help if youíd like? I have no affiliation with JHM, but Kurt has become a personal friend of mine and I know he would love to help.
    Iíd really appreciate that as the car is unusable right now. JHM havenít really helped in this situation considering how much I spent with them.

AZ Member #

I'm just actually surprised that between the entire staff at JHM that no one has been able to help this kid out for over a year. If he wants his tumbler flaps deleted it's literally as easy as doing what I posted in the pictures above unless there are some other issues that the OP hasn't disclosed.
    If thatís the truth, and Iím not saying it is/isnít, Iíd be pissed too.

Iíd really appreciate that as the car is unusable right now. JHM havenít really helped in this situation considering how much I spent with them.

Happy to help, Iíll shoot him a message and see what he can do. It sounds like it should be fairly simple.

Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Jake@JHM's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MK7-GTI-APR-STG2-Grand-Cherokee-R6-Raven-IRON-1250

Hey bud,

I really do apologize that this has taken so long. I wasn't even aware of this until now. I started looking into the progress and last employee you were working with is no longer with the company. I will be picking up where he left off and if I need any info from you I will let you know.

Again, sorry for this absurd delay.

Jake

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jake@JHM View Post
    Hey bud,

I really do apologize that this has taken so long. I wasn't even aware of this until now. I started looking into the progress and last employee you were working with is no longer with the company. I will be picking up where he left off and if I need any info from you I will let you know.

Again, sorry for this absurd delay.

Jake
    Jake:
    The last email I got from Dru was 11/28/18 and I posted his reply on here. I havenít been able to use the car at all. Let me know what you can do to fix this pls.
    James

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Jake:
    The last email I got from Dru was 11/28/18 and I posted his reply on here. I havenít been able to use the car at all. Let me know what you can do to fix this pls.
    James

I saw that, and am picking up where he left off. Should have something for you shortly.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

If thatís the truth, and Iím not saying it is/isnít, Iíd be pissed too.

Happy to help, Iíll shoot him a message and see what he can do. It sounds like it should be fairly simple.
    100% the truth. If itís that simple then why canít it be done by JHM?? I mean my Rs4 ainít that special. Iíve been extremely patient and not flamed JHM anywhere.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I saw that, and am picking up where he left off. Should have something for you shortly.
    Cheers. Iím hoping that this can be resolved on your side.

Veteran Member Four Rings your daddy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    NOW-02 337,08 RS4/Ti/AE, 10 Tiguan sel THEN-01 S4, 92 gti vr6,90 corrado, many mk2s/mk3s

Is Dru gone?
    Rick autoengineering.com @autoengineeringlexington
    -Integrated Engineering-JH Motorsports-034 Motorsport-ECS tuning-Forgeline, plus many more

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by your daddy View Post
    Is Dru gone?
    Sounds like that.

Veteran Member Three Rings jmcS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 S4 & D2 A8

yes Dru is no longer at jhm as of a week ago
    >04' S4, Nitrous, Milltek 2.5'' dp's, FI b7 non res CB, jhm IM/TB & spacers, 034 intake tube, lwfw, rs4 pp, stage 3 CD, trans cross rod, solid linkage and delrin bushings, 034 engine/trans mount, apikol snub/rear diff mount, 034 lower ca's, spc upper ca's, accuair elevel, airlift performance bags, 034 rsb, powerflex fsb bushings
    >99' D2 A8 Volcano Black 1/69, S8 door cars, d3 woodgrain sw, muffler delete, oem center dash swap from FL d2

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Happy New Year Guys. Still no further forward on this. Thinking of cutting my loses on this and getting MRC to custom map the car.

AZ Member #

Happy New Year Guys. Still no further forward on this. Thinking of cutting my loses on this and getting MRC to custom map the car.

Christmas holidays bud. Works similar as Ramadan in the middle-east. Let the guys enjoy their rest period after a years work.
    Jeremy Clarkson: "So when you were saying that it wonít slide, what you meant was, ĎI canít slide it.íď
    James May: "Yes."

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Hey bud,

Sorry for the delayed response I had been on vacation for a while.

Can you shoot me an email with your exact issues and what you need? I saw where Dru requested a file, but it was already on the server so now i'm not too sure whats going on.

AZ Member #

Hey bud,

Sorry for the delayed response I had been on vacation for a while.

Can you shoot me an email with your exact issues and what you need? I saw where Dru requested a file, but it was already on the server so now i'm not too sure whats going on.
    Here Jake, just use these addresses and map descriptions to turn his flaps off. Even if it's not 100% the same file, as long as you have his base file on server, anyone with a basic understanding of winOLS can load the OP's ori file and find these maps with the info I have on here.

Lol, consider this as me starting the year towards JHM with positive Karma

Intake flaps on

Intake flaps off

Veteran Member Three Rings jmcS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 S4 & D2 A8

Looks like your still trying to make them look bad...
    >04' S4, Nitrous, Milltek 2.5'' dp's, FI b7 non res CB, jhm IM/TB & spacers, 034 intake tube, lwfw, rs4 pp, stage 3 CD, trans cross rod, solid linkage and delrin bushings, 034 engine/trans mount, apikol snub/rear diff mount, 034 lower ca's, spc upper ca's, accuair elevel, airlift performance bags, 034 rsb, powerflex fsb bushings
    >99' D2 A8 Volcano Black 1/69, S8 door cars, d3 woodgrain sw, muffler delete, oem center dash swap from FL d2

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Jake is trying to help. I need to get them the fault codes. Which I havenít been able to do just yet.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Here Jake, just use these addresses and map descriptions to turn his flaps off. Even if it's not 100% the same file, as long as you have his base file on server, anyone with a basic understanding of winOLS can load the OP's ori file and find these maps with the info I have on here.

Lol, consider this as me starting the year towards JHM with positive Karma
    Thanks for the attempt at helping. It's appreciated. Right now we are going to figure out exactly what is wrong as the last employee helping him (No longer works here) left notes that don't make any sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Jake is trying to help. I need to get them the fault codes. Which I havenít been able to do just yet.

No worries bud, whenever you can.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

So as of right now I have 2 codes. Battery is toast where the car has sat so long.
    Will get a new battery in the morning.

P1068
    P1923

These were read using vcds.

Veteran Member Four Rings q_dubz's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Single Turbo V8 S4

P106B/004203 - Throttle Valve: Stuck or difficult to move

Possible Symptoms
    Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) active

Possible Causes
    Wiring/Connectors from/to Throttle Body Control Module to Engine Control Module faulty
    Throttle Body Control Module Damaged and/or Moving Difficulties

Possible Solutions
    Check Wiring/Connectors from/to Throttle Body Control Module to Engine Control Module Check for properly attached Connectors, twisted Pins, loose Contact, Corrosion and Water Ingress

Check Throttle Body Control Module for Damage and Moving Difficulties
    Perform (Selective) Output Test

18331/P1923/006435 - Please Check DTC Memory of ECU Number 2
    Basically means you need to check "ENGINE-II" for other codes Remember you have two ECUs

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jmcS4 View Post
    Looks like your still trying to make them look bad...
    Thanks for the attempt at helping. It's appreciated. Right now we are going to figure out exactly what is wrong as the last employee helping him (No longer works here) left notes that don't make any sense.
    At least one person got it right, thanks Jake Seriously, PM me and I can walk you through the proceess, it's honestly not hard. All I need is is original file (or even his ECU number) and I can send you a flaps disabled file. From there, just use cracked version of winOLS to get the checksums right as you'll need to add the changes from your supercharged file and I don't imagine you'll be wanting to send that to me lol.

AZ Member #

Jake, check your PM, I tried calling but they said to email you instead.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Just responded

AZ Member #

Wow, I would really not want to be your boyfriend.

PS: Hope you understand you are sticking your hand where it doesn't belong? A client/supplier process.
    Jeremy Clarkson: "So when you were saying that it wonít slide, what you meant was, ĎI canít slide it.íď
    James May: "Yes."

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Good morning, So now have a fresh battery so will attempt to get her started to pull out more codes. Will update later.

Thanks for the help. James

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast