Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Vendor wants a screen shot of my credit card statement

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Has anyone ever dealt with Emnotek? I ordered some Black Friday wheels from them. They are refusing to ship them until I send them a screen shot from my Credit card app showing the pending sale, so they know I have access to my card. I am having them shipped to my billing address, it just seems really shady.

I usually use moddedEuros, but they didnít have the size/color I am looking for.

Has anyone ever had a company ask for this information?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Three Rings A4 Quattro Joe's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0. 2009 GMC Acadia. 2014 VW Passat

Quote Originally Posted by audidriva View Post
    Has anyone ever dealt with Emnotek? I ordered some Black Friday wheels from them. They are refusing to ship them until I send them a screen shot from my Credit card app showing the pending sale, so they know I have access to my card. I am having them shipped to my billing address, it just seems really shady.

I usually use moddedEuros, but they didnít have the size/color I am looking for.

Has anyone ever had a company ask for this information?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Just check scamadvisor.com or rip-off report.com they'll give you real people issues they've had..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings Solarsuplex's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Block out the rest of the information and send them a screen shot. Nothing malicious can come from them seeing your name associated with the sale.

However I wouldnít expect anything positive to come out of a customer service issue down the road. This gives you a look at how they run their Ďbusinessí

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -James
    F T W L T B D W I C T W
    Instagram - jamesdrichey
    Moonlight Blue - B8.5 S4
    Brilliant Black - B7 A4

Veteran Member Four Rings Seerlah's Avatar
    AZ Member #

"So they know I have access to my card"?!?!

Sounds like they are trying to protect themselves if they ship it out with a stolen credit card. Only reason I can see them asking for it. But if the billing and shipping address match, I don't see why they need that information.
    I hate it when my car acts like a little bitch, treating me like a bitch

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Chargeback and fraud protection. It's becoming a larger issue for businesses in this field.

Receive at least 3-5 stolen credit card attempts a month now and Europrice is a small business compared to many in this field. The real address and name are usually used now then scammers/thieves just have the package redirected or held at a UPS or FedEx facility (even with direct delivery and signature required UPS and FedEx allow this). Many people do not look at their online card statements or bank statements so it takes weeks sometimes to realize their card has been used fraudulently. In all those cases the selling business has the funds taken away immediately and has ZERO remedy to get them back. Product out the door in days/weeks and are not told about the fraud or chargeback for over a month in most cases.

Sounds like the seller has been hit with fraud and is making sure you have possession of the card by asking to see you have online access to information about the card. Wouldn't expose you or any other buyer to any issue to take a screen shot to confirm.

Cheers,