Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Three Rings bshanna's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    94 MR2, 92 MR2

first mod for the B5

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Super excited for this. I had a euro FBSW on my B7 and honestly it was one of my favourite mods for that car. Put a B8.5 one on my B8 avant and wanted to find something similar for the B5. Seems like people have retro fitted B7s but they require a little rewiring which i didn't want to deal with. Ended up getting this made by "the guy in poland" from ebay. Quality looks nice and it's much thicker than any of the OEM wheels. My OEM wheel is perforated all around with black stitch so i kept that look. Eventually i'll probably get some interior shots

IMG_20181031_202542 (1).jpgIMG_20181101_122350.jpg

OEM windshield sunshade, rear seat pet cover, microfibre clothe, official audi camelbak water bottle, beanie

Veteran Member Three Rings zatch_303's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Looks top notch!
    // 2001 Volcano Black B5 A4 Avant 1.8TQM - Past
    // 2001.5 Pearl White B5 S4 Sedan 6MT

Veteran Member Four Rings jjvwg's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 A4 Avant

Very nice! I have been wanting to pick up a wheel from him for a while for my b6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | 2004 A4 Avant | Gloss Dark Grey |
    | 2.7t K04 swap | 034 RSB | Apikol snub | 17z BBK |Vogtland GT1 Coilovers | Moog adj. UCA's | Peeler reps |

| 2011 A4 Avant | Brilliant Black | Vogtland Coilovers | RSE's | 034 Sway/tranny mount | Q5 brakes |

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    94 MR2, 92 MR2

Quote Originally Posted by zatch_303 View Post
    Looks top notch!
    I'm pretty happy with the quality for the price so far. Of course we'll have to see how it holds up lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jjvwg View Post
    Very nice! I have been wanting to pick up a wheel from him for a while for my b6.

I actually ordered from him directly because i wanted a configuration not immediately available on ebay. No problems, although he took almost as long as it took to deliver to get me the tracking number.

Check out how much thicker it is than my OEM B8.5 wheel! It's also a little larger in diameter but i'm pretty sure the OEM B5 wheel is actually a little larger than the OEM B8.5 wheel.

DSC_2964.jpgDSC_2965.jpg

OEM windshield sunshade, rear seat pet cover, microfibre clothe, official audi camelbak water bottle, beanie

Veteran Member Four Rings jjvwg's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 A4 Avant

Wow, that looks great! Thanks for sharing those pics.

| 2004 A4 Avant | Gloss Dark Grey |
    | 2.7t K04 swap | 034 RSB | Apikol snub | 17z BBK |Vogtland GT1 Coilovers | Moog adj. UCA's | Peeler reps |

| 2011 A4 Avant | Brilliant Black | Vogtland Coilovers | RSE's | 034 Sway/tranny mount | Q5 brakes |

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 S4 Stage 3, '11 A4 Avant Prestige, titanium, sport, '87 4kq 3B!

Quote Originally Posted by bshanna View Post
    I'm pretty happy with the quality for the price so far. Of course we'll have to see how it holds up lol.

I actually ordered from him directly because i wanted a configuration not immediately available on ebay. No problems, although he took almost as long as it took to deliver to get me the tracking number.

Check out how much thicker it is than my OEM B8.5 wheel! It's also a little larger in diameter but i'm pretty sure the OEM B5 wheel is actually a little larger than the OEM B8.5 wheel.

DSC_2964.jpgDSC_2965.jpg
    Looks great! He(that guy from Poland lol) did both my B5 and my B8 wheel! Love both of them!

Senior Member Three Rings BeitzDUB's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Awesome wheel!
    You have a link for "that guy in Poland"?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    94 MR2, 92 MR2

Quote Originally Posted by BeitzDUB View Post
    Awesome wheel!
    You have a link for "that guy in Poland"?
    Thanks! He will do pretty much any combo you want of badge, stitching, smooth/alcantara/perforated. I'm not 100% sure about other generations but since it's just the wheel and not the bag, i assume he can do whatever.

This was the original auction i found https://www.ebay.com/itm/Steering-Wh...M/132789146255

and his contact info is on the bottom of the page: reggi.csw@gmail.com

Senior Member Three Rings mark_ma's Avatar
    AZ Member #

i likey, probably get way better handling now
    Le build thread of mark_ma,
    500px ,Instagram , flickr_mark_ma
    4 wheels, 8 pistons, two mufflers , ultra light weight seat warmers, see through windows, carbon fiber turn signals, wireless key fob, photon reflecting side mirrors

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    94 MR2, 92 MR2

Quote Originally Posted by mark_ma View Post
    i likey, probably get way better handling now
    lol i'm sure it would help center me a little around the track but around town it certainly feels better ;D Or it will after thursday when it's going on LOL. but at least my old wagon did when i swapped wheels.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    94 MR2, 92 MR2

Got the wheel in, it's pretty dang thick so will take a little getting used to but i really like it. I also wish the diameter of the wheel was slightly smaller like the B8. Also the second mod (really a return to stock) for the headlights.

Funny thing, this had some missing pixels and the date and time was messed up. Turns out it was coded wrong and once fixed Aaron found the display only will show the time in 24hour and the date will only show month:day:year but at least it works and i'm pretty used to both.

DSC_2982.jpgDSC_2981.jpgDSC_2983.jpg

AZ Member #

Looks good Brett

Sent from my
    2018 SQ5 - Daytona, Prestige

*Sold*2011 S4 - EPL Dual Pulley + TCU - 20" BBS LM - Bilstein B12 - APR RSC Exhaust
    Deval CF Diffuser - Maxton Splitter - USP Intake - MercRacing HE - CR15 -AutoTech HPFP

Veteran Member Four Rings happy2B5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S4 avant

Smart choice with the perf vs alcantara. I have an all alcantara from him and it has worn significantly (almost smooth). Expected I guess now thinking about it. Wish I had done at least a combo with perf on sides and alcantara top/bottom.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    94 MR2, 92 MR2

Quote Originally Posted by JD S4 View Post
    Looks good Brett

Sent from my
    Thanks dude

Quote Originally Posted by happy2B5 View Post
    Smart choice with the perf vs alcantara. I have an all alcantara from him and it has worn significantly (almost smooth). Expected I guess now thinking about it. Wish I had done at least a combo with perf on sides and alcantara top/bottom.
    I've never really liked alcantara on the wheel itself honestly. Maybe it's because i feel like if my hands ever sweat it just feels uncomfortable ;) Also i think the 'air leather' matches the rest of the car interior a bit more but if i had alcantara inserts i'd probably consider doing at least partial like you said. One of the guys on the B5 forums did up a custom shift knob that more matches the wheel but he sold it before i could but it :( maybe he'll do another though since my wheel is more matte and the oem knob and wheel are pretty shiny.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    94 MR2, 92 MR2

second 'mod'

DSC_3117.jpg

Established Member Four Rings Joe Jr.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #

like the car! I'm up North in the Longmont area. I'm a b5'er. Brought an 01 A4 1.8t back to life this past year.

joe
    2001 A4 1.8TQM
    2002 VW TDI 5spd

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    94 MR2, 92 MR2

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Jr. View Post
    like the car! I'm up North in the Longmont area. I'm a b5'er. Brought an 01 A4 1.8t back to life this past year.

joe
    thanks man - the B5 was my first love, owned a B6 ultrasport avant, B7 RS4, B8 sedan, B8 s-line avant and honestly just love the B5 the most :) I do miss the B7 but maybe someday i'll import in a B7 RS avant

Veteran Member Three Rings zatch_303's Avatar
    AZ Member #

+1 for Berg, they do a great job!
    // 2001 Volcano Black B5 A4 Avant 1.8TQM - Past
    // 2001.5 Pearl White B5 S4 Sedan 6MT

Established Member Four Rings Joe Jr.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bshanna View Post
    thanks man - the B5 was my first love, owned a B6 ultrasport avant, B7 RS4, B8 sedan, B8 s-line avant and honestly just love the B5 the most :) I do miss the B7 but maybe someday i'll import in a B7 RS avant
    yeah I've had a B5 problem...lol...I've had 4 B5 A4 Quattros and 1 B5 S4 Nogaro. Would enjoy seeing the RS4.
    2001 A4 1.8TQM
    2002 VW TDI 5spd