Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Senior Member Three Rings Nez136's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Actually the Bluetooth box comes attached .... no splicing..... itís about the easiest tuner Iíve ever used.
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Registered Member Four Rings Jimmy ny's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Nez136 View Post
    Actually the Bluetooth box comes attached .... no splicing..... itís about the easiest tuner Iíve ever used.
    I didnít see that. I saw a cable that had to be spliced inside with a quick connect. I didnít see no built in blue tooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 TTS. Mythos Black w/ Nappa Red interior. APR 1, AFE Intake

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy ny View Post
    Iím not following it. Why do I need the Bluetooth kit installed ? If I can plug this into a laptop that would be easiest way. I donít even know what type of cable I need. Iím sure I need some adapter on my end. I have usb-c inputs. This process seems very complicated.

The link has Bluetooth information on it but at the bottom of post 1 is the MAC software. That is what I was directing you too.

AZ Member #

Why donít they sell these things preset ? Especially if your buying direct from Burger.

Senior Member Three Rings mtlquattro's Avatar
    AZ Member #

No worries. Iíve modified a lot of cars over the years. Iím used to just a ecu flash. All this information for me is not laid out clear. I donít want to take apart a 550 box and splice in a 140 box just to put a map on it. It should come preset to the map you want. I ainít going crazy with this car. Iím not doing hfc or intercooler upgrade or watermeth. I didnít get this car for that. Just want a little more power.
    First people said I could get a cable and use it with the phone. Now they say you canít. I looked at their forum. The updates and etc.. it seems you need this Bluetooth device to do everything. I donít have a windows computer. He sends me a link to that makes no sense from a few years ago about apple use.
    Iím not getting involved with this thing. And Iím not gonna pay a tuner 2 hours labor to install it and update it for me. I can install it. No issue. But I canít update it. I donít need it.

If you have an iphone, you need the bluetooth adaptor or run the program from a laptop.

If you have an android you can use the otg cable, bluetooth or program. Sorry if I was not clear.

Envoyť de mon SM-A530W en utilisant Tapatalk
    2018 s5 IBIS WHITE COUPE

SRM/Eurocode GTX3582 hybrid CTS FMIC BMS JB4/with BCM BMS WMI Roc-euro intake/ECS inlet hose H&R springs Ringless RS grille/JC Sportline CF splitter Color matched side skirts Niche Misano 20x10.5 et27

AZ Member #

Why donít they sell these things preset ? Especially if your buying direct from Burger.

It is preset in map 1 so if you happy with that its plug and play. To set each individual unit to customer spec will be impossible due to the volumes we do it will become a norm across all the brands we support.

AZ Member #

I understand. Maybe I can find somebody local who can set it for me.

AZ Member #

I understand. Maybe I can find somebody local who can set it for me.

If there is no one close to help, there is more than enough support on this forum along with George and terry. A lot of guys are willing to help and give Instruction including myself.

The initial install video thatís on the first page and on the N54 forums is very helpful. Mostly if not all questions have been answered by either fellow forum memberships or BMS.
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

so you no longer have to attach and splice the Bluetooth module like it shows in the video?

Active Member Two Rings B9RS4.SedanNow's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mtlquattro View Post
    Methanol is evaporated long before it can do any corrosive damage on the intake plumbing or engine. Best thing is that water meth will actually steam clean carbon deposits!

Envoyť de mon SM-A530W en utilisant Tapatalk
    Fair enough. Could a dealer tell if youíre running water meth if you break everything down prior to a repair session?

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

So you donít have to splice in the Bluetooth module like it shows in the video?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by KBP View Post
    So you donít have to splice in the Bluetooth module like it shows in the video?
    Nope, mine showed up wired in.
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Established Member Two Rings B9S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by B9RS4.SedanNow View Post
    Fair enough. Could a dealer tell if youíre running water meth if you break everything down prior to a repair session?
    Well if you removed everything they couldn't tell. That would include removing the adapter plate, for the wmi nozzles, pump, tank, etc. We are starting to push the boost a bit more now (10psi additive) so we'll keep you guys posted.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by B9S4 View Post
    Well if you removed everything they couldn't tell. That would include removing the adapter plate, for the wmi nozzles, pump, tank, etc. We are starting to push the boost a bit more now (10psi additive) so we'll keep you guys posted.

I donít think my goals are the same as yours.

Iím troubleshooting the shifting issues with my current setup.

If this fails, Iím considering buying the BMS piggy with BCM and running wmi with the stock turbo so that I can run 4-6 psi over stock on 91 octane fuel. Does this seem like a reasonable goal? Can the stock turbo deliver 4 extra PSI reliabily?

Is WMI enough to allow me to run 4-6 extra PSI on 91 octane?

Beyond pushing past this 4-6 extra PSI are there any other benefits to swapping the turbo?

I donít have any aspirations of pushing past the low 400s at the crank. I do want the car to last.

I donít want to push my car to the breaking point... the effective compression is 33:1 running 10 psi over stock or 28 psi.

The effective CR on a top fuel dragster is only 35:1 at full tilt.

I just donít think this engine will last that long with an effective CR of 33:1?

AZ Member #

Depending on your IATs with 91 octane I think you would be fine at a 4psi additive and yes the stock turbo should be very reliable there. You are only in that boost range every so often and turbos are designed to last a long time in modern cars. If your IATs are low enough you might get away with 6psi on 91 octane (I did with the stock turbo on 92 octane) with no timing pull. You would really just need to use your jb4 logging to make that determination. The hybrid turbo Johann and I are running is much more efficient so we can move a lot more air volume and run higher boost pressure without exceeding the efficiency limits of the turbo. In addition it is a dual ball bearing so there is less friction, better longevity, and less oil used by the turbo. If you are looking to make 400 crank then the stock turbo will be able to do that reliably. 10 psi over stock will put me closer to 25psi and the real concern is engine knock and egt's. As long as we can control that I am not concerned about the 10psi additive with wmi on the hybrid turbo. I will run about 6psi additive daily on 92 and then 10psi+ w/ wmi for race use

AZ Member #

Depending on your IATs with 91 octane I think you would be fine at a 4psi additive and yes the stock turbo should be very reliable there. You are only in that boost range every so often and turbos are designed to last a long time in modern cars. If your IATs are low enough you might get away with 6psi on 91 octane (I did with the stock turbo on 92 octane) with no timing pull. You would really just need to use your jb4 logging to make that determination. The hybrid turbo Johann and I are running is much more efficient so we can move a lot more air volume and run higher boost pressure without exceeding the efficiency limits of the turbo. In addition it is a dual ball bearing so there is less friction, better longevity, and less oil used by the turbo. If you are looking to make 400 crank then the stock turbo will be able to do that reliably. 10 psi over stock will put me closer to 25psi and the real concern is engine knock and egt's. As long as we can control that I am not concerned about the 10psi additive with wmi on the hybrid turbo. I will run about 6psi additive daily on 92 and then 10psi+ w/ wmi for race use

So youíre NOT daily driving at 10 psi over stock. Yeah that would make me nervous.

Well Iím hoping that adding 4 psi will deliver around 440 at the crank or about 375 at the wheels. If it wonít then, I might consider running 6 psi.

Iíll probably run an E85 mix at first to see how I like it and see how the timing/IATs look before I add wmi or change the turbo.

Iím probably not going over 6 psi and Iíd like to try and avoid the turbo swap. If I need to do it to meet my goals I will.

Iíll make a decision by next weekend one way or the other. Just need to figure out how to get the box into Cali.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I realize people are setting boost goals but I've noticed it's not always about boost. I've made some hits on my car and it's making 23lbs and I've also made hits that have felt faster from the seat on less 🤷*♂️. I think there is so much other shit going on between the on board computer and the jb4 it's not only about raw bost numbers.

AZ Member #

Thatís the first I hear it comes pre wired the Bluetooth module ? Can we confirm that ?

AZ Member #

So youíre NOT daily driving at 10 psi over stock. Yeah that would make me nervous.

Well Iím hoping that adding 4 psi will deliver around 440 at the crank or about 375 at the wheels. If it wonít then, I might consider running 6 psi.

Iíll probably run an E85 mix at first to see how I like it and see how the timing/IATs look before I add wmi or change the turbo.

Iím probably not going over 6 psi and Iíd like to try and avoid the turbo swap. If I need to do it to meet my goals I will.

Iíll make a decision by next weekend one way or the other. Just need to figure out how to get the box into Cali.
    Right not daily driving on 10psi additive. I think bms was working on getting it CARB certified so might be able to ship to CA now? I'd check with them.

AZ Member #

Thatís the first I hear it comes pre wired the Bluetooth module ? Can we confirm that ?

If you purchase the optional bluetooth add on with the jb4 they will pre wire it for you. At least they did for me and I think everyone else on here.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

If you purchase the optional bluetooth add on with the jb4 they will pre wire it for you. At least they did for me and I think everyone else on here.

+1 same for me... it's honestly extremely easy, I found it to be rather intuitive and there is alot of community support. I'm very happy overall and this is my first experience with the company. My car with the jb4&bcm is significantly faster than the day I bought it. Also, the more data we send in the better it's getting.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mobE View Post
    +1 same for me... it's honestly extremely easy, I found it to be rather intuitive and there is alot of community support. I'm very happy overall and this is my first experience with the company. My car with the jb4&bcm is significantly faster than the day I bought it. Also, the more data we send in the better it's getting.
    Got my BCM ready to install (again), really looking forward to hitting the boost target consistently. Too bad we will be getting bad weather tmrw.
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Got my BCM ready to install (again), really looking forward to hitting the boost target consistently. Too bad we will be getting bad weather tmrw.
    Shitt, I have a blast either way hahaha. I love power sliding and having fun🤘🤘.
    Good luck with the Install!

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mobE View Post
    Shitt, I have a blast either way hahaha. I love power sliding and having fun.
    Good luck with the Install!
    Oh i do too... when no one else is on the road. Milwaukee produces some of the worst drivers in the Midwest!

Iíll take the cable off the jb4 first then set the pin in and plug it back in. Seems like good advice to me🤷🏻*♂️
    Letís just hope my hack job of a crimp holds
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

AZ Member #

Are people still throwing codes with the BMS?

Like the drive system malfunction code that was happening early on?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Oh i do too... when no one else is on the road. Milwaukee produces some of the worst drivers in the Midwest!

Iíll take the cable off the jb4 first then set the pin in and plug it back in. Seems like good advice to me🤷🏻*♂️
    Letís just hope my hack job of a crimp holds
    That should do it man, you'll feel it seat if you do it that way without putting much pressure on it.

AZ Member #

Are people still throwing codes with the BMS?

Like the drive system malfunction code that was happening early on?
    Or rather is anyone still throwing codes with the JB4? Like the drive system malfunction code.

AZ Member #

Can George confirm if I order the Bluetooth will come presided ? At least thatís 1 positive.

AZ Member #

Can George confirm if I order the Bluetooth will come presided ? At least thatís 1 positive.

The majority of the units get wired but its not a guarantee. Attaching the Bluetooth is quite easy and is only two steps. Screw the plug into the board and attach a single wire.

Senior Member Two Rings doady22's Avatar
    AZ Member #

How are you guys liking the BCM? I'm on the fence about ordering it when I order my JB4. Is it worth it? Dunno if I will ever do a turbo swap but definitely want to make sure I'm getting all the performance out of the JB4.
    2018 S5 Sportback Prestige, ECS Intake, ABT HAS Springs, Vorsteiner Vff 107 20x10 ET30, 275/30/20 Pilot AS3+
    Draggy 12.68s @107.20 @ 5k ft above sea level

AZ Member #

I just hooked the BCM up and am hitting the target boost consistently every pull. 21-22 psi. For me it was worth it. Some days I wasnít getting above 18. For sure not in the lower gears. Looks like things are better now
    Going thro some logs and it looks like my timing is around 13-14 degrees at full boost with map 5. Seems about where it always falls. Iím guessing things are gonna get hot come summer so intercooler is on the to do list.
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

So I did a full launch on E30/6.5lb map.

I've owned a lot of fast cars but holy crap the ride to 60 was unreal. It's about 35 degree's and the roads finally dried enough to launch it hard. I've done a few at part throttle but this was a full 4 seconds at WOT before launching.

There seems to be 2 steps to launching, it'll hit about 3K, and then if you let it go it'll hit almost 4K but you only have a second to let off the brake.

I really want to run meth. It is great for the summer because it cools the intake charge so much. I ran meth on my SC'd Stingray and we were getting 680rwhp on 93 octane and a dead stock motor.

I felt much safer running meth and 680rwhp than I did without it at 590. It is a huge safety on blowing stuff up, nice power gains, and it really helps in hot temps.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567