Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Three Rings Nez136's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by nicotino15 View Post
    It will for sure when you install the BCM. I was only hitting 18 -19 psi before, and after BCM I'm getting up to 22,23 and 24 psi now, although I'm also on map 6 with higher boost target.
    Good to hear. The car is a rocket at 22psi when conditions are perfect.
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 GMC Sierra Denali ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by Nez136 View Post
    Good to hear. The car is a rocket at 22psi when conditions are perfect.
    My car definitely feels faster than it ever has and I haven't even gone to map6 yet. I've also noticed when I go to pass someone in normal driving it feels like I have more power on demand. Anyone else notice this after getting some seat time with the bcm?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mobE View Post
    My car definitely feels faster than it ever has and I haven't even gone to map6 yet. I've also noticed when I go to pass someone in normal driving it feels like I have more power on demand. Anyone else notice this after getting some seat time with the bcm?
    Would make sense given my experience I described.
    You made the duty cycle adjustments in the app I assume?
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Would make sense given my experience I described.
    You made the duty cycle adjustments in the app I assume?
    Yup, I've been making a few hits on every map and sending them in. I just sent in my map5 data, I'm assuming everyone is slightly different based on their supporting mods. Today driving around I got very excited about doing my suspension(hopefully soon!) With as much power as I'm making now it's going to be very fun.

AZ Member #

Yup, I've been making a few hits on every map and sending them in. I just sent in my map5 data, I'm assuming everyone is slightly different based on their supporting mods. Today driving around I got very excited about doing my suspension(hopefully soon!) With as much power as I'm making now it's going to be very fun.
    Again Iím jealous. Wish I could do suspension but Milwaukee roads would just destroy my car

I probably wonít mess with map 6 as Iím content on just the e30 mix they have provided. Iím sure theyíll squeeze as much power as they safely can for it and keep the firmware updates coming .
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Again Iím jealous. Wish I could do suspension but Milwaukee roads would just destroy my car

I probably wonít mess with map 6 as Iím content on just the e30 mix they have provided. Iím sure theyíll squeeze as much power as they safely can for it and keep the firmware updates coming .
    Luckily most of my commute is farm country, which makes for good fun...
    I agree with you on the map6 stuff... I'm not going to be adding wmi anytime soon... I think I'll be more than happy with a dialed in suspension plus I power I have for now.
    Actually, since we can switch maps on the fly I might run a lower map more often if I get better milage out of it and just throw the higher map on when I want to play. Plus the more we refine what we already have the better it's getting anyways... I say this now since my tires can't keep up anymore(Michelin pa4's)... I'm sure I'll catch the bug again once the ps4's go on and the car is lowered 😬.

Senior Member Three Rings doady22's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Man looks like they are getting this unit dialed in. Looks like I will have to jump on this! Especially at higher altitude I feel the car definitely struggles a bit, this should help.
    2018 S5 Sportback Prestige, ECS Intake, ABT HAS Springs, Vorsteiner Vff 107 20x10 ET30, 275/30/20 Pilot AS3+
    Draggy 12.68s @107.20 @ 5k ft above sea level (stock)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Yeah curious to know if the bcm provides a noticeable difference than without it on map 5, e30 mix.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Easky View Post
    Yeah curious to know if the bcm provides a noticeable difference than without it on map 5, e30 mix.
    It should from what they are saying and what Iíve been seeing on the n54 forum. Gonna try to find some time today to get it on the car.

My boost seems to have fluctuated decent amount since these huge temperature swings in the Midwest. Car was solid, now often itís not hitting more than 16psi in a given gear if the load isnít there. If I have all accessories off tho it seems to be more consistently about 19
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

It should from what they are saying and what Iíve been seeing on the n54 forum. Gonna try to find some time today to get it on the car.

My boost seems to have fluctuated decent amount since these huge temperature swings in the Midwest. Car was solid, now often itís not hitting more than 16psi in a given gear if the load isnít there. If I have all accessories off tho it seems to be more consistently about 19
    Nice. Look forward to your update.

What accessories did you turn off exactly?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Easky View Post
    Nice. Look forward to your update.

What accessories did you turn off exactly?
    I started in fall with shutting the air off (obviously robs power), then noticed at times boost seemed to be effected by the other accessories on like even the vents, heated seats, pretty much anything on. Of course this could just be coincidence and in my head as I have no raw data. I have been known to be crazy.
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Senior Member Three Rings S4_Pedro's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I started in fall with shutting the air off (obviously robs power), then noticed at times boost seemed to be effected by the other accessories on like even the vents, heated seats, pretty much anything on. Of course this could just be coincidence and in my head as I have no raw data. I have been known to be crazy.
    I have been known to also be crazy, I feel the same too may be all in our heads

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

Obviously I donít think it directly effects boost but something with the ecu maybe. Iím sure Iím nuts
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Two Rings
    AZ Member #

The ECU targets torque and not boost. It uses air intake temperature as one of the main parameters for the calculation algorithm so typically the colder it is the lower it will boost. At a certain point the intake temperature sensor is maxed out on the lower limit of 37F and stays pegged there. We have seen boost decrease more than it should when at that point.
    In terms of accessories haven't really noticed any variance.

AZ Member #

Well I couldnít get the plug to click back in place, so i gave it a break to wire up the BCM to JB4. Tried to plug the wire in and then this. IMG_0520.jpg literally applied almost no pressure and the thing snapped in half when plugging it in. Guess itís too cold to work in tedious crap.
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Established Member Two Rings B9S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Well I couldnít get the plug to click back in place, so i gave it a break to wire up the BCM to JB4. Tried to plug the wire in and then this. IMG_0520.jpg literally applied almost no pressure and the thing snapped in half when plugging it in. Guess itís too cold to work in tedious crap.
    You can buy a dsub pin and tool to fix it. I use needle nose pliers to push the pin in so it keeps the pin and wire supported from bending and breaking

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by B9S4 View Post
    You can buy a dsub pin and tool to fix it. I use needle nose pliers to push the pin in so it keeps the pin and wire supported from bending and breaking

Online or what? Back in the day weíd just find these parts are radio shack, now those stores are gone
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Do this, then when reinstalling remove the plug from the Jack first. When pushing the new pin into spot one you'll feel a point where is fully seats. Once that happens then insert the plug back into the Jack.

AZ Member #

If you don't have any electronics stores near you i guess amazon. Unfortunately they normally come in pack of at least 100 but they are cheap.

AZ Member #

Audi S4/S5/SQ5 JB4 Information thread

Yep theyíre all closed lol
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

AZ Member #

If you don't have any electronics stores near you i guess amazon. Unfortunately they normally come in pack of at least 100 but they are cheap.

Iíll check around the area for electronic stores
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I did mine in the cold, you just gotta have a little finesse 😜

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Do you have a soldering iron? Steal one from an old db9 connector or something lol

AZ Member #

Do you have a soldering iron? Steal one from an old db9 connector or something lol
    I actually do, have old serial cables I made back in the day for data logging in my Evo. Unfortunately itís all 30 min north at my rental property lol. Iíll be there Monday anyway. Just wanted it done this weekend bc thatís when I had time.
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

AZ Member #

And I have finesse ! I was literally talking to myself as I was doing it (since I have big hands), saying ďcareful donít break shit donít break shit AHHHH FUCKĒ
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

AZ Member #
    My Garage

And I have finesse ! I was literally talking to myself as I was doing it (since I have big hands), saying ďcareful donít break shit donít break shit AHHHH FUCKĒ
    Ha it happens man, hey so I'm a tech and I have pins laying around somewhere. If you want maybe we can meet up tomorrow.

AZ Member #

Ha it happens man, hey so I'm a tech and I have pins laying around somewhere. If you want maybe we can meet up tomorrow.
    Iíll be heading to Chicago tmrw for the auto show, that might work but I will have other people with me. Iíll have to run it by the old lady sheís already pissed at me for wasting all this time when she wanted dinner tonight hahaha
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Iíll be heading to Chicago tmrw for the auto show, that might work but I will have other people with me. Iíll have to run it by the old lady sheís already pissed at me for wasting all this time when she wanted dinner tonight hahaha
    Probably not worth it then lol, I'm like an hour west of the city. That'll add more than on hour to get home. Probably best to just Amazon some or pick some up Monday. Let me know if you do want to meet because I'll have to look for some pins.

AZ Member #

Probably not worth it then lol, I'm like an hour west of the city. That'll add more than on hour to get home. Probably best to just Amazon some or pick some up Monday. Let me know if you do want to meet because I'll have to look for some pins.
    Roger that, Iíll just plan on Monday. Thanks tho i really appreciate it.
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Roger that, Iíll just plan on Monday. Thanks tho i really appreciate it.
    Yeahhh buddy(insert ronnie Coleman voice)

AZ Member #

Yeahhh buddy(insert ronnie Coleman voice)
    I met Ronnieís big ass back in 2011 dude is a character
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Registered Member Four Rings Jimmy ny's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Interesting ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 TTS. Mythos Black w/ Nappa Red interior. APR 1, AFE Intake

Established Member Three Rings Yabi's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Toyota Prius 5

Quote Originally Posted by B9RS4.SedanNow View Post
    RLB did the jerky partial throttle surges stop after you hooked up OBD plug? Iím thinking of trying the JB4. I have a DTUK, but it occasionally has those jerky abrupt shifts. Anyone else notice abrupt shifts with the JB4? With the DTUK it feels like a prolonged ignition cut during the shift. Happens more with partial throttle. It basically doesnít pull through the shift.

Does that happen with the jb4?
    Have you tried the TCU tune? I noticed that it smoothed out the jerkiness in the shifting for me.

AZ Member #

I had dtuk and sold it due to the jerking during shifts at partial throttle. Had a couple times that were very violent shifts and I also have the TCU tune. I purchased the JB4 and have experienced none of that behavior. The post copied from above was without the obdii plugged in (missing data to allow the jb4 to work properly) and on older firmware. The 2 products don't even compare imo.

AZ Member #

Well after sorting thro a few options on amazon I ended up spending $45 on connectors and crimper
    Unfortunately there are a lot of options for crimpers so I just went with the one that was supposedly easiest to use. Closed barrel crimper.
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

AZ Member #

Yes I have the TCU+ and pedal box. Iíve followed the instructions for TCU+ to the ďTĒ. I tried the TCU tune twice with the ďbreak inĒ or learning period both before and after the Power Control install. Iíve tried taking the pedal box off. Iíve even dialed back to Map 3 minus 3. It happens on all maps at different times in rev range depending on which map and what level itís set. Iíve even tried half a tank of VP 100 octane and half tank of 91 to bring it into the 95 octane range.

What Iím talking about has nothing to with the transmission. The transmission shift seems fine. Itís as if the engine just shuts off for 150ms or so and then comes back with vengeance. I would best describe it as a prolonged shift ignition cut. Iíve tried turning Traction control off too. No dice.

As far as support is concerned, I messaged TDUK. Andrew passed the buck to Aaron because ďhe uses different filesĒ. Itís been 10 days since I messaged Aaron directly by email. No response on this issue.

I bet they know about this problem and have no solutions. In fact, I know they know because Aaron talked about it in his intial review. When he turned the box all the way up he noted ďnotchyĒ saw blade like shifts ďin casual driving scenariosĒ.

Those of you who think Iím some kind of a hater or something need to understand that I donít even really care about the power that much I just wanted the Lag in D mode gone. Iím curious about the power potential, but itís not the end all be all.

For the record, the DTE/DTUK TCU and pedal box on Minus 3 eco mode fixed my problem. I just donít think the power control is smooth enough for me. Curiousity being what it is (the devil himself) I may just drop the 2500 on the ABT box when I go back to TAG for new tires and my sway bars.

Iím open to selling my DTUK power control for anyone who wants to try it. I wonít lie itís cool to be able to turn this on at a light and totally annihilate a 392 Hemi, non CS M3, or a non S C63. But for daily driving itís not smooth enough for me.

To be fair, Iím super picky about everything. I didnít buy the C63 because of its clunky infotainment. I didnít get the M3 because itís exhaust sounds like it has an aluminum can rattling around in the muffler. I didnít upgrade to the RS5 SB because of rear head room. I didnít go for a great deal on an RS7 used because it doesnít have CarPlay.

That said, I like the thought of being able to turn the piggy off all together which is why Iím curious about the JB4.
    I have had the same issues with DTUK/DTS not replying. I sold my DTS unit and the new owner is going to limp mode everytime he uses it now with no reply/troubleshooting info for him. Most of these cars are people's daily drivers and not just an occasional hobby so prompt product support is a must for me.

BMS replies within a couple hrs 95% of the time. The best product support in the industry imo.

Veteran Member Three Rings mtlquattro's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Yes I have the TCU+ and pedal box. Iíve followed the instructions for TCU+ to the ďTĒ. I tried the TCU tune twice with the ďbreak inĒ or learning period both before and after the Power Control install. Iíve tried taking the pedal box off. Iíve even dialed back to Map 3 minus 3. It happens on all maps at different times in rev range depending on which map and what level itís set. Iíve even tried half a tank of VP 100 octane and half tank of 91 to bring it into the 95 octane range.

What Iím talking about has nothing to with the transmission. The transmission shift seems fine. Itís as if the engine just shuts off for 150ms or so and then comes back with vengeance. I would best describe it as a prolonged shift ignition cut. Iíve tried turning Traction control off too. No dice.

As far as support is concerned, I messaged TDUK. Andrew passed the buck to Aaron because ďhe uses different filesĒ. Itís been 10 days since I messaged Aaron directly by email. No response on this issue.

I bet they know about this problem and have no solutions. In fact, I know they know because Aaron talked about it in his intial review. When he turned the box all the way up he noted ďnotchyĒ saw blade like shifts ďin casual driving scenariosĒ.

Those of you who think Iím some kind of a hater or something need to understand that I donít even really care about the power that much I just wanted the Lag in D mode gone. Iím curious about the power potential, but itís not the end all be all.

For the record, the DTE/DTUK TCU and pedal box on Minus 3 eco mode fixed my problem. I just donít think the power control is smooth enough for me. Curiousity being what it is (the devil himself) I may just drop the 2500 on the ABT box when I go back to TAG for new tires and my sway bars.

Iím open to selling my DTUK power control for anyone who wants to try it. I wonít lie itís cool to be able to turn this on at a light and totally annihilate a 392 Hemi, non CS M3, or a non S C63. But for daily driving itís not smooth enough for me.

To be fair, Iím super picky about everything. I didnít buy the C63 because of its clunky infotainment. I didnít get the M3 because itís exhaust sounds like it has an aluminum can rattling around in the muffler. I didnít upgrade to the RS5 SB because of rear head room. I didnít go for a great deal on an RS7 used because it doesnít have CarPlay.

That said, I like the thought of being able to turn the piggy off all together which is why Iím curious about the JB4.
    The last reply from Aaron to a post mentionning the jerky shifts and dash light error was him offering as a solution to "dial back some boost so it would butter smooth...."

Meaning that they currently have zero solution for these issues.

Get a jb4 and never look back. No jerky behaviour, you can add the all the boost you want with the bcm and no dash light error.

Envoyť de mon SM-A530W en utilisant Tapatalk
    2018 S5 IBIS WHITE COUPE

SRM/Eurocode GTX3582 hybridCTS FMICBMS JB4/with BCMBMS WMIRoc-euro intake/ECS inlet hoseH&R springsRingless RS grille/JC Sportline CF splitterColor matched side skirtsNiche Misano 20x10.5 et27ECS Charge pipe/FMIC hose

AZ Member #

Great to hear that youíve had good results. I heard a lot of hype with the DTUK too. I PMed this RLB member who originally reported rough shifts on page one with the JB4 when he or she didnít have the OBD port plugged in... if that solved the rough shifts for that member thatís all I really need to hear before I pull the trigger.

When I do pull the trigger whatís the best way to get it in Cali. Have a buddy out of state order and ship to me?
    I think the user that posted initially had the issue due to the OBD not being present. This is needed so that JB4 can see the engine data which includes the gear the car is in and what it is doing. On higher boost the issue can creep in on some cars on lower octane pretty quickly. All that is required is for a value called Autoshift boost reduction to be adjusted. What it does is cuts the boost add during the shift to allow for a nice crisp gearshift.
    The ABT is similar to the DTUK from what I have seen in the install guide. They have just added a connection to the water pump to get temperature so they can have the unit inactive when the water temp is low. We have this feature direct from the vehicle data network via the OBD.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Sorry just a quick question...is this piggyback worth it if i only can run 94octane? Im assuming from reading the recommended settings im only good on map 3 with reg gas at 94 octane?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by danaeroS4 View Post
    Sorry just a quick question...is this piggyback worth it if i only can run 94octane? Im assuming from reading the recommended settings im only good on map 3 with reg gas at 94 octane?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Audizine mobile app
    Yes, decent power is made on 94. Map 3 is considered aggressive. With some logging we can have a look if map 4 can be used as weather is typically cooler in Canada if that is where you are.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast