Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Can someone explain how the heck you run it through the firewall? I can’t for the life of me figure it out. The picture of the trap door that is in the instructions is not present on my s4.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S5 SB // '05 MV Agusta F4-1000

Open your hood and locate the rain tray. On that rain tray on the drivers side, there is a removable cover located over the brake resevior. Lift that cover and you should see a large grommet with wires running from it. On that same grommet, there is a small nipple located on the lower part of the grommet. You’ll need to snip off the top/nipple. Once snipped, this exposes a hole that leads directly into the cabin slightly about the dead pedal. Of course, you’ll need to remove the mower drivers dash panel to get to it. Hope this helps.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by RLB6 View Post
    Open your hood and locate the rain tray. On that rain tray on the drivers side, there is a removable cover located over the brake resevior. Lift that cover and you should see a large grommet with wires running from it. On that same grommet, there is a small nipple located on the lower part of the grommet. You’ll need to snip off the top/nipple. Once snipped, this exposes a hole that leads directly into the cabin slightly about the dead pedal. Of course, you’ll need to remove the mower drivers dash panel to get to it. Hope this helps.
    Here is a picture from the outside of the firewall with the red wire and water meth tubing (black sleeving) running through it.20181226_203521~2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #

Here is a pic of my underdash. What portion do I need to remove to expose the grommet? It looks different from the attachment in the pdf.

71EF7E13-1134-4ED9-841F-01BBF143429D.jpg24D6749A-3DDF-40FB-9093-3ED17CDFBD1E.jpgA1532228-4F6C-4412-BCAF-B620C425546E.jpg

AZ Member #
    My Garage

You'll need to remove the entire lower panel to expose where that grommet is located.

Current: '18 S5 | SportBack | Prestige

Previous: S4 | Stage ++ | PLM

AZ Member #

I didn’t have to remove any panels. Just used a fisher wire.
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

How much increase in HP/Torque?

Established Member Two Rings Marzoum's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    8V S3

Quote Originally Posted by Nez136 View Post
    Same here...fish the wire through the firewall from the engine bay side.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mpatel1080 View Post
    How much increase in HP/Torque?
    According to George@BMS, running Map5 on an E30 mix should result in a 70HP increase. Not sure if that's crank or whp but I'm betting on crank.

AZ Member #

Thanks for the advice. Between the picture of the actual grommet and this recommendation I was able to fish it through in about 5 minutes without removing anything.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blesbok View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Between the picture of the actual grommet and this recommendation I was able to fish it through in about 5 minutes without removing anything.
    Glad it worked out for you.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

What are impression of this tune now that it’s out of beta, or at least on sale to the masses? Any installers in the Manhattan/Queens area? It looks ways to complicated for me and my tuner is APR/Dinan. Refuse to do Jb4 :/

HP/TQ gains? Do I need to wait for 5000 miles I’m impatient (90 miles haha)?

Established Member Two Rings Mr. Three's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Any of these piggybacks will give you between 40 and 70 horsepower more depending on which gas you use. Don't hesitate to get one though....they really wake the car up.
    2018 Audi S4 Premium Plus / Nav / Black Optic / S Sport / Fine Nappa / Carbon / EMD Springs / EMD Rear Bar / ECS 10 / 12.5 mm spacers / ECS Transmission Mount / Painted Markers / Laminex Rear Smoked Reflectors / Hardwired V1 / DT Tuning Box
    Cars of the past: 83 A1 GTI / 83 Callaway stage 2 A1 GTI / 86 951 Turbo Porsche Autothority K-27 / 98 Dinan M3 / 95 3.2 OBD1 M3 / 02 E39 M5 / 88 E28 528i / 08 RS4 / 13 S5 / 14 S5 / 15 S5 GIAC Stage 2 / 16 APR tuned S6 /
    01 996 911 Turbo ByDesign Stage 4

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by RLB6 View Post
    Open your hood and locate the rain tray. On that rain tray on the drivers side, there is a removable cover located over the brake resevior. Lift that cover and you should see a large grommet with wires running from it. On that same grommet, there is a small nipple located on the lower part of the grommet. YouÂ’ll need to snip off the top/nipple. Once snipped, this exposes a hole that leads directly into the cabin slightly about the dead pedal. Of course, youÂ’ll need to remove the mower drivers dash panel to get to it. Hope this helps.
    Looking for some help in trying to install JB4. This seems much harder than what the instructions show and getting frustrated.. Got plugs connected and cut the nipple off lower grommet. So good there.

I tried to remove the lower dash panel by removing the two 8mm bolts (1 on each side of lower panel) and the one 8 mm bolt on side panel by fuse box. I was able to lower the panel about half way but it wonÂ’t come completely off. Afraid I may break something if I pull down harder.

I am using a wire hanger that I unraveled and put through the grommet from the engine bay but have no idea where it should end up, hence trying to get that lower panel off. Not even sure if I pushed it in far enough.

Can someone please provide some guidance on how to completely remove this lower panel?

Alternatively, would love to fish a wire through without removing any panels but what type/size of wire would I need? I bought a fisher wire from Amazon but it seems way too thin and flimsy to be fished through anywhere.

If there any pics someone can post that shows either how to remove this panel and/or what type of wire I exactly need be fished through this small gap by the OBD port, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Veteran Member Four Rings richib86's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Easky View Post
    Looking for some help in trying to install JB4. This seems much harder than what the instructions show and getting frustrated.. Got plugs connected and cut the nipple off lower grommet. So good there.

I tried to remove the lower dash panel by removing the two 8mm bolts (1 on each side of lower panel) and the one 8 mm bolt on side panel by fuse box. I was able to lower the panel about half way but it wonÂ’t come completely off. Afraid I may break something if I pull down harder.

I am using a wire hanger that I unraveled and put through the grommet from the engine bay but have no idea where it should end up, hence trying to get that lower panel off. Not even sure if I pushed it in far enough.

Can someone please provide some guidance on how to completely remove this lower panel?

Alternatively, would love to fish a wire through without removing any panels but what type/size of wire would I need? I bought a fisher wire from Amazon but it seems way too thin and flimsy to be fished through anywhere.

If there any pics someone can post that shows either how to remove this panel and/or what type of wire I exactly need be fished through this small gap by the OBD port, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    not sure about the jb4 but there are another 2 bolts if you open the little cubby door on the left hand side. there are a total of 5 bolts that need to be removed to take that panel off.
    2016 S6, Mythos black with Arras red, Sport package, Bose, Black ops, silver side mirrors, LED, Cold weather, Driver assist, APR Stg 3 w/RS7 turbo's, AMS cooler, APR downpipes, Milltek Non-res Valved, Roc-Euro intake, CETE lowering module, HRE P101, Alcantara steering wheel w/rs7+ buttons, Neidfaktor alcantara shift knob, P3 Gauge, Full O34 mounts, OEM interior LED, VIM

2014 Q5 3.0, Glacier white w/chestnut, H&R springs, Eurocode Sways, DIY black optics, 5 arm titanium rotor reps

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by richib86 View Post
    not sure about the jb4 but there are another 2 bolts if you open the little cubby door on the left hand side. there are a total of 5 bolts that need to be removed to take that panel off.
    I opened the cubby and didn’t see or feel any bolts inside the felt-lined side. Are the bolts located in a specific area inside the cubby? Or is it in outside somewhere? Thanks

AZ Member #

Oh man, sounds like you’re making this way complicated. You shouldn’t need to remove any panels in the interior.

Not sure what fisher wire you bought but typically they are as firm as a wire coat hanger. I pushed the fisher thro the grommet from the engine bay side, then felt under the dash with my hand until I could find it, tapped the ODB2 wire to the end and slowly pulled it back thro to the engine bay.
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Veteran Member Three Rings MVR 155's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Audi S4, 2015 GMC Yukon Denali and 2002 Corvette Z06

Oh man, sounds like you’re making this way complicated. You shouldn’t need to remove any panels in the interior.

Not sure what fisher wire you bought but typically they are as firm as a wire coat hanger. I pushed the fisher thro the grommet from the engine bay side, then felt under the dash with my hand until I could find it, tapped the ODB2 wire to the end and slowly pulled it back thro to the engine bay.

This!!!!
    2013 S4/S-Tronic/Ice Silver/Black Alcantera/19" Peelers/B&O/MMI-Navi/Advance Key/Carbon Atlas Inlays/Sports diff.
    2002 Corvette Z06
    2015 GMC Yukon Denali

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Thanks will try this when I get the chance. On another note, how did you get the factory fuel plug off?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Easky View Post
    Thanks will try this when I get the chance. On another note, how did you get the factory fuel plug off?
    It was a little tougher but a good pull when holding the clip and it came apart
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12