Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member Three Rings Nez136's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Seems that the latest update resolved all faults for sure. Only have 150 miles in or so but no faults. Also map 5 boost now feels like it hits full earlier and feels more linear. Car feels very good and strong. Havenít run any data logs yet since Iím always in traffic and never get out of the house for late night drives.

Very happy with the JB4 for the money. Iím guessing once we get some nice weather the FMIC will be a must.
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Nez136 View Post
    Seems that the latest update resolved all faults for sure. Only have 150 miles in or so but no faults. Also map 5 boost now feels like it hits full earlier and feels more linear. Car feels very good and strong. Havenít run any data logs yet since Iím always in traffic and never get out of the house for late night drives.

Very happy with the JB4 for the money. Iím guessing once we get some nice weather the FMIC will be a must.
    My butt dyno is reporting similar impressions from the update. Very solid! I would like to think my new fmic is doing it's job but it's also cold as fuck here in the midwest so only time will tell!

Registered Member One Ring Jay9757's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Just installed my JB4 yesterday. Didnít feel like much of an improvement, until I ran some E30 (4 to 5 gallons of E85, then 93 octane) on Map 5. Car pulls pretty nice now.

Itís cold however in Texas right now, around 32 degrees Fahrenheit. My Michelin PS4S tires I just installled arenít liking this. Spring is right around the corner though!

Also, I installed the EDM RS style grill and APR FMIC Intercooler.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Jay9757 View Post
    Just installed my JB4 yesterday. Didnít feel like much of an improvement, until I ran some E30 (4 to 5 gallons of E85, then 93 octane) on Map 5. Car pulls pretty nice now.

Itís cold however in Texas right now, around 32 degrees Fahrenheit. My Michelin PS4S tires I just installled arenít liking this. Spring is right around the corner though!

Also, I installed the EDM RS style grill and APR FMIC Intercooler.
    Seems like the car pulled harder for me over time. There is somewhat of an adaptation period.
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mobE View Post
    My butt dyno is reporting similar impressions from the update. Very solid! I would like to think my new fmic is doing it's job but it's also cold as fuck here in the midwest so only time will tell!
    Yea we saw -22 (-50 with windchill) here in Milwaukee. Didnít even start my car that day. Most days have been single digits besides the heat wave we got last weekend (high of 45). Realistically only had 2 days to play with the new update and itís been single digits both days. I know once it warms up the FMIC will be a must.
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Yea we saw -22 (-50 with windchill) here in Milwaukee. Didnít even start my car that day. Most days have been single digits besides the heat wave we got last weekend (high of 45). Realistically only had 2 days to play with the new update and itís been single digits both days. I know once it warms up the FMIC will be a must.
    Well hello neighbor, I live in Algonquin about 1.5h south of you.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Iím in Algonquin too!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by DMan918 View Post
    Iím in Algonquin too!
    Ha, small world.

AZ Member #

Seems like the car pulled harder for me over time. There is somewhat of an adaptation period.
    Iím hoping this is the case. I put about 50 miles on the far. Will put more miles on the car and see how the car adapts.

What map are you on? Current mods?

AZ Member #

Iím hoping this is the case. I put about 50 miles on the far. Will put more miles on the car and see how the car adapts.

What map are you on? Current mods?
    Iíve been running map 5. I only have a AWE switch path.
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

AZ Member #

Ha! Funny how small the world is. Been a cold mother lately!
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Ha! Funny how small the world is. Been a cold mother lately!
    It's all around crazy this winter, warm December, then some of the contest temps seen in many year's. They it at least flurried for like 10 day's straight lol.
    I tell you what though, this is the first year with an awd car and I put dedicated winter tires on it... man this thing is a damn tank! The only thing that scares me is the clearance... esp with the cf lip up front.

AZ Member #

It's all around crazy this winter, warm December, then some of the contest temps seen in many year's. They it at least flurried for like 10 day's straight lol.
    I tell you what though, this is the first year with an awd car and I put dedicated winter tires on it... man this thing is a damn tank! The only thing that scares me is the clearance... esp with the cf lip up front.
    Itís really the only reason I havenít lowered or put a lip on my car. Damn streets and weather destroy everything
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Itís really the only reason I havenít lowered or put a lip on my car. Damn streets and weather destroy everything
    I'm doing my whole suspension in the spring, I'm going to get the adjustable set so I can bring it back up next winter... I guess I'll play the game and everytime I change out wheel's I'll adjust the suspension and realign. 🤷*♂️ I'll do it all myself except the alignment and that's cheap. I'm rely excited about doing the suspension, it's going to make this car very fun plus it'll make better use of the little bit of extra power I'm making. 🤘🤘

AZ Member #

Audi S4/S5/SQ5 JB4 Information thread

I'm doing my whole suspension in the spring, I'm going to get the adjustable set so I can bring it back up next winter... I guess I'll play the game and everytime I change out wheel's I'll adjust the suspension and realign. 🤷*♂️ I'll do it all myself except the alignment and that's cheap. I'm rely excited about doing the suspension, it's going to make this car very fun plus it'll make better use of the little bit of extra power I'm making.
    Iíll be very interested in hearing your review on the suspension. Hopefully it doesnít make the ride too rough! You are far more dedicated to working on cars than I am these days. I hung up the wrenches after I blew my second transfer case on my 750hp Evo 10 years ago.

Also just ordered the BCM a few min ago since I love donating money to BMS so much
    Iíll be posting my initial butthole dyno feels here when I get her on!
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Iíll be very interested in hearing your review on the suspension. Hopefully it doesnít make the ride too rough! You are far more dedicated to working on cars than I am these days. I hung up the wrenches after I blew my second transfer case on my 750hp Evo 10 years ago.

Also just ordered the BCM a few min ago since I love donating money to BMS so much
    Iíll be posting my initial butthole dyno feels here when I get her on!
    It's significantly more fun working on them while making them faster lol not because they are a busted piece of shit 😅. If I didn't mention before this is my first nice/fun car.

Today was my first drive with the new bcm, it's interesting! I dropped down to map1 and map2 for some data and it felt 🤔🤔🤔 I guess I'd say more linear, nice and strong lower in the rev range. I need to drive it some more though, I only got to drive around for like 20-30 minutes. I'm hoping just like the jb4 it gets better and better the more time spent on the car. I'm definitely interested in the performance when I get back to a higher map!

AZ Member #

How you liking that exhaust?

- - - Updated - - -

Iíve been running map 5. I only have a AWE switch path.
    Nice, how you liking that exhaust?

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I've been running the new firmware Map 5 with 3.5 gallons of E85 and rest 93 for the past week or so.

I ran E30 when they first released the E30 map and it was not good but the latest firmware the E30 tune is huge change over the 93 octane map.

I was seeing the AFR a bit too high and George had me adjust one of the values and I'm back in the safe range.

The only problem is trying to launch the car now it drives through the brakes. Launching at about 2500rpm versus I think the 3500 that it normally stalls at still will break the tires loose and get the car a little out of shape.

It totally wakes the car up and changes how it drives.

AZ Member #

How you liking that exhaust?

- - - Updated - - -

Nice, how you liking that exhaust?
    I like it. Very nice having the best of both worlds. The ONLY thing... I did have a motor fail a few weeks ago for one of the valves but AWE took care of it. Still trying to figure out whoís covering the labor but other than that itís good.
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Has anyone been getting check engine light? Thats the only thing holding me back from getting a piggy back

Sent from my SM-G965W using Audizine mobile app

Established Member Two Rings B9S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by danaeroS4 View Post
    Has anyone been getting check engine light? Thats the only thing holding me back from getting a piggy back

Sent from my SM-G965W using Audizine mobile app
    I have not with the JB4 in the latest configuration

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Audizine mobile app

Senior Member Three Rings nicotino15's Avatar
    AZ Member #

same here, I used to get cel all the time when it first came out, but with the chip change and latest firmware I never get a cel and I'm on a pretty aggressive map 6 setup.

Senior Member Three Rings mtlquattro's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Can confirm, no more cel on the latest firmware

Envoyť de mon SM-A530W en utilisant Tapatalk
    2018 s5 IBIS WHITE COUPE

SRM/Eurocode GTX3582 hybrid CTS FMIC BMS JB4/with BCM BMS WMI Roc-euro intake/ECS inlet hose H&R springs Ringless RS grille/JC Sportline CF splitter Color matched side skirts Niche Misano 20x10.5 et27

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I've only popped code's twice, once was the initial turn on after hooking it up and the other was when I went from wot to completely off the pedal. Otherwise, it hasn't happened at all for me and I've had mine for a little while now. It keeps getting better and better with the updates also... I'm also running a full turbo back exhaust and intake amongst other mods.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S5 SB // '05 MV Agusta F4-1000

Same here..I'm on the latest firmware, running Map5, no CELs or drivetrain malfunctions seen.

On a side note: To measure or get an idea where this car stacks up, me and a buddy of mine decided to line up for a little fun from a dig and roll-on. He has a '13 C63 sedan with a renntech tune and airbox. From a dig, it was an easy pull on him. From a 3rd roll-on was a bit more interesting as the C63 kept up but once the sportback got settled in 4th thru 5th, it pulled very convincingly ( a few car lengths) on the C63. Only mod is the JB4, Map 5 on 93 octane.

Current: '18 S5 | SportBack | Prestige

Previous: S4 | Stage ++ | PLM

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by RLB6 View Post
    Same here..I'm on the latest firmware, running Map5, no CELs or drivetrain malfunctions seen.

On a side note: To measure or get an idea where this car stacks up, me and a buddy of mine decided to line up for a little fun from a dig and roll-on. He has a '13 C63 sedan with a renntech tune and airbox. From a dig, it was an easy pull on him. From a 3rd roll-on was a bit more interesting as the C63 kept up but once the sportback got settled in 4th thru 5th, it pulled very convincingly ( a few car lengths) on the C63. Only mod is the JB4, Map 5 on 93 octane.
    Sounds about right. When I took a stock Ď18 63s on a test drive with my boss, first thing he said was my car put him in the seat harder.
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Were you running any e85 or just straight 93?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S5 SB // '05 MV Agusta F4-1000

Quote Originally Posted by Easky View Post
    Were you running any e85 or just straight 93?
    93 octane. I found in this current weather, running an E30 mix made no difference. In the warmer weather should be a different story.

Current: '18 S5 | SportBack | Prestige

Previous: S4 | Stage ++ | PLM

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

That's good shit man, I've pulled on a few base model Porsches. Usually old dude out in farm country. Idk what surprises them more, the growl from the exhaust or the fact I'm pulling away from them but so far they've all gotten Kick out of it.

AZ Member #

See mods in my sig but Iím pushing 440HP and 434 ft/lb of TQ. Map 5 6.5 psi over stock. E85 4 to 5 gallons, then 93 octane until Iím full.

Canít wait for it to warm up so I can push these brand new installed Michelin PS4S tires a little.
    2018 S5 Coupe- Mythos Black - Nav Pkg - Virtual Cockpit - B&O 3D Sound - Carbon Atlas Inlays - S Sport Package - Dynamic Steering - 19" Cavo Wheels

Mods- EDM RS Style Grill - APR FMIC Intercooler - JB4 Map 5 (6.5psi over stock, E30), Current Power: 440HP, 434 ft/lb of torque
    Future Goals:
    BMS BCM Fuel module
    APR ECU Tune
    Intake & exhaust possibly
    Crank 500HP & 500 ft/lb of torque

AZ Member #

I actually felt the car pulling timing when the temps got well below freezing so I went back to the e30 mix.
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Got a user out in Germany that sent some results. He runs 102ron fuel which is around 95US with a E30 mix. The car is a stock B9 S4 Avant

Highest quarter exit with have seen so far at 117mph.

100-200km/h is the big bench mark in Germany so quite impressive when compared to a stock RS4.

RS4 results pulled from a 100-200 Facebook page.

Registered Member Four Rings Jimmy ny's Avatar
    AZ Member #

How do you install the firmware and updates ? Is it over the air ? I donít have s windows computer. I wanted something simple. I was not looking to even put it onto the obd2 port. Itís a lease and will be gone in about 18 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 TTS. Mythos Black w/ Nappa Red interior. APR 1, AFE Intake

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy ny View Post
    How do you install the firmware and updates ? Is it over the air ? I donít have s windows computer. I wanted something simple. I was not looking to even put it onto the obd2 port. Itís a lease and will be gone in about 18 months.

If you get the bluetooth pack with the jb4 it's very easy, leave the jb4 connected to the car via the obd and you can do it through the app.

AZ Member #

Yea the process at first glance seems confusing but George and terry have done a good job with their video tutorials. Just watch all the videos on the N54 page that they posted. Very easy.
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Registered Member Four Rings Jimmy ny's Avatar
    AZ Member #

If you get the bluetooth pack with the jb4 it's very easy, leave the jb4 connected to the car via the obd and you can do it through the app.
    Does the obd2 plug come off of the jb4? So you can remove the jb4 for dealer and just tuck that wire out of site ?

2016 TTS. Mythos Black w/ Nappa Red interior. APR 1, AFE Intake

Established Member Two Rings B9S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Yes the obdii plug can disconnect from the jb4.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Audizine mobile app

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy ny View Post
    Does the obd2 plug come off of the jb4? So you can remove the jb4 for dealer and just tuck that wire out of site ?

Yup yup, you wanna leave it on for logging and best performance but it'll still operate with the obd unplugged.

AZ Member #

My BCM came today. Funny too, on map 5 from a 70mph roll I had a hard time hitting the target boost. Barely got above stock levels. The temps has been fluctuating big time in Wisconsin so not sure if that has anything to do. Only the last two days has it been doing this.

Not sure Iíll have time to install BCM tonight but this weekend for sure
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Senior Member Three Rings nicotino15's Avatar
    AZ Member #

My BCM came today. Funny too, on map 5 from a 70mph roll I had a hard time hitting the target boost. Barely got above stock levels. The temps has been fluctuating big time in Wisconsin so not sure if that has anything to do. Only the last two days has it been doing this.

Not sure Iíll have time to install BCM tonight but this weekend for sure
    It will for sure when you install the BCM. I was only hitting 18 -19 psi before, and after BCM I'm getting up to 22,23 and 24 psi now, although I'm also on map 6 with higher boost target.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast