Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings namvar's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013, Q7 Prestige, Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, Cabinet full of Adam's Polish Products

Angry Welcome home... Not!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    After a 4 day business trip came home to this:

Ugh by namvar_kiaie, on Flickr

Insulation chewed out, wiring, rodent urine everywhere. The good news, discovered it when I went to the dealer to buy some new fasteners for my slam panel. Opened the hood to replace the fasteners and...

Anyway, they said it will take a couple of weeks to take care of everything. Sigh

To make matters worse came home and found that the same thing had happened to my Z

:-(

2015 RS5: Mythos Black, Tech, Dynamic steering, Black Optics packages, Folding side mirror upgrade, internal LED lights, Eventuri Intake, Akrapovič exhaust
    On order: Bilstein B16 RideControl
    2013 3.0T Prestige Q7: Sport pedals, LED interior lights

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 RS5 Cab / 2015 Q7

Good news is no “Serious “damage, I’m assuming nothing was destroyed in the interior? Sucks that this happened, any idea where the “string” came from? That confused me a bit. My brother went through a similar issue, got a cat, no more rodents, but the cat scratche the black Mercedes all to hell. Damm thing just crawled all over it. Maybe U could try some traps. Homeowners or vehicle insurance covers this? Guessing homeowners.

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

Well that's annoying! Sorry Namvar.
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013, Q7 Prestige, Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, Cabinet full of Adam's Polish Products

Quote Originally Posted by Mops@Nemesis View Post
    Well that's annoying! Sorry Namvar.
    Been having a lot of luck lately

2015 RS5: Mythos Black, Tech, Dynamic steering, Black Optics packages, Folding side mirror upgrade, internal LED lights, Eventuri Intake, Akrapovič exhaust

Veteran Member Four Rings JamesRS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Buy a couple of the sticky pad mouse traps and lay them under the car, they work a treat at catching the little blighters. You can leave them on the garage floor under the car and they are completely maintenance free apart from throwing them in the trash when they have done the task. We use them on aircraft quite often.
    Did you know an aircraft is grounded if a rodent is spotted onboard, fun fact for you.
    I accept a Stage II tuned S5 is quicker than an RS5
    Doug convinced me
    He's also the reason I don't come here much

Senior Member Three Rings rasetsu's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 RS 5

Parked inside or outside? I battled this every winter when I had to park one car out on the driveway. Found rodent deterrent spray on Amazon which works for a bit but you have to respray your wheels/tires every day. Even saw a bunny sitting on top of the transmission once. Found one rat cut in half by the belt when I did an oil change. Set live traps with peanut butter and caught three rats that I released into a creek about 4 miles away. No mess, nothing to throw away after that. Fortunately, I drove the car daily so it was never enough time for the rats to do any real permanent damage aside from chew up some of the firewall insulation.
    2014 RS 5 Sepang BLUE
    2011 GTI APR Stage 1+ Shadow BLUE
    2005 STi Cobb Stage 2+ World Rally BLUE

Senior Member Four Rings HazeMyth's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I believe VAG uses soy based insulation on their wires, so unfortunately their cars do tend to attract little friends more-so than some other manufacturers do.
    2013 Audi S5
    2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    2003 Evolution VIII (Cammed, etc)
    2004 Subaru STI - Stg. 2 (Sold)
    IG: @MrHazeMyth

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I want to know how the critter tied that knot in the rope!

J/K

That stinks bro. Hopefully the dealer gets you fixed up ASAP.

Veteran Member Four Rings DownhillA4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Agree with sticky paper around tires, i've caught 4 chipmunks so far.
    Tri-state Foliage Cruise 2018
    IG: @downhill_a4
    @I_like_your_box

"If you are a true automotive enthusiast whom loves their car,
    you learn to catch rides to parties and leave your car at home."- dougyfresh

AZ Member #
    My Garage

good news: no wiring damage. Bad news. Probably have to pull the engine to get all the fire insulation replaced.

Veteran Member Three Rings cmoore86's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 RS5, 2015 SQ5

Damn Namvar! You have about all the weird things that go wrong happen to your RS5! How is the Z? Hopefully no wire damage their either. You've had that so long that I am sure you will bring it back to life too.
    Last edited by cmoore86; 11-13-2018 at 10:39 AM.
    2018 Audi [] SQ5: Navarra Blue | Ceramic Pro | BBS | AWE | JB4 | Black Optics |
    Sold - 2015 Audi RS5: Sepang Blue My Sepang Blue RS5
    Sold - 2015 Audi SQ5: Sepang Blue cmoore86 2015 SQ5

Veteran Member Four Rings JamesRS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Oh no, that’s not good news Namvar, is this something the insurance will cover?

Which fire insulation are we talking about here, on the fire wall at the rear of the engine bay?
    I accept a Stage II tuned S5 is quicker than an RS5
    Doug convinced me
    He's also the reason I don't come here much

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRS5 View Post
    Oh no, that’s not good news Namvar, is this something the insurance will cover?

Which fire insulation are we talking about here, on the fire wall at the rear of the engine bay?
    yes right behind the engine. They also nibbled on the hood liner and the wheel well covers. My insurance is covering the damages but it will be a while before the car is repaired. Driving a brand new A8L loaner so the pain is not that bad.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore86 View Post
    Damn Namvar! You have about all the weird things that go wrong happen to your RS5! How is the Z? Hopefully no wire damage their either. You've had that so long that I am sure you will bring it back to life too.
    Tell me about it Conor. just last week I noticed my eventuri intake yellowing also. Just about the worst luck.

The nest in the Z was covered with wire strands. I am worried about finding replacement parts. It's going to the Nissan dealer after thanksgiving but It started and drove fine so hopefully the damage is not that bad.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Survey says.... $6200