Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 33 of 33
  1. #1
    Established Member Two Rings jungy4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 18 2014
    AZ Member #
    189846
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin

    Tint pic request

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    My S4 needs tint badly.

    Thinking of going 35% all around

    or 50% front and 35% rear to obey the law. (Maybe paying money for 50% isn't even worth it?)

    Anyone with either setup, pics will be appreciated.
    2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT
    2006 Acura TL 6MT
    2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe
    2011 INFINITI FX35

    Current - 2015 S4 6MT

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Three Rings S4tranquility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 29 2005
    AZ Member #
    9460
    Location
    Baltimore

    35% all around. Sometimes the fronts can look a little lighter with the windshield letting in more light, but personally I think it is perfect - not too dark and not too light.









    2013 Monsoon 6MT S4, GIAC dual pulley 3.18 ratio
    Former: B5 S4 120+ club; Sleeper, Stages, and more B5 S4 vids

  3. #3
    Established Member Two Rings jcpowell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    408563
    Location
    Somewhere, GA

    50% is a waste of money..I have 12% all around and 40% on the windshield and still wish I went a little darker.
    2011 Phantom Black S4 | DSG | Sport Diff & ADS | EPL Stage 1+TCU | Injen Intake | ECS Drivetrain Mounts | H&R OE Sport Springs | VMR V803 Hyper Silver | RS Grille

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 14 2009
    AZ Member #
    37448
    My Garage
    2014 S4 2006 Passat Wagon 00 B5 S4 POS Honda
    Location
    pasadena md

    Quote Originally Posted by jcpowell View Post
    50% is a waste of money..I have 12% all around and 40% on the windshield and still wish I went a little darker.
    yes 50% a waste of money. I'm sure if you measured 50% is what it is factory. I have 20% all around and don't get bothered. i want some on my windshield but i don't want to get busted. our law is 35% all around and nothing on the windshield unless you have a medical card.

  5. #5
    Veteran Member Three Rings Joker S4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 21 2014
    AZ Member #
    257065
    Location
    Virginia Beach

    Do 35% all around. We have the same laws in VB, but go to a doctor and get a waiver for your front windows. It also allowed me to tint my windshield.
    | 2012 S4 Prestige | TI Black Optics | Monsoon Gray Metallic | Black/Magma | STUFF | TD1

  6. #6
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jun 17 2016
    AZ Member #
    374796
    Location
    king of prussia

    Not 35%

    IMG_0032.jpg

    IMG_0020.JPG

    IMG_0021.JPG


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  7. #7
    Veteran Member Four Rings Pr1ce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    273587
    My Garage
    13' prestige
    Location
    Kissimmee

    56009526066__166EC2D4-5217-43E1-A4B9-CA5115F87185.JPG
    The driveway picture is 30/35 or whatever it is and the other pic is 5%

    My front is 50% which for me is great but wish I went ceramic on the front.

    What color is the car? (Maybe I missed it)


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    R.I.P. Sam - 7speed
    You're always one decision away from a totally different life

  8. #8
    Veteran Member Four Rings Pr1ce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    273587
    My Garage
    13' prestige
    Location
    Kissimmee

    RenderedImage.jpg


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    R.I.P. Sam - 7speed
    You're always one decision away from a totally different life

  9. #9
    Established Member Two Rings romanrnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 21 2017
    AZ Member #
    410164
    Location
    Ohio

    IMG_3117.jpg

    Not sure what % I'm at but guessing its around 50%.

  10. #10
    Established Member Two Rings jungy4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 18 2014
    AZ Member #
    189846
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin

    Quote Originally Posted by Pr1ce View Post
    56009526066__166EC2D4-5217-43E1-A4B9-CA5115F87185.JPG
    The driveway picture is 30/35 or whatever it is and the other pic is 5%

    My front is 50% which for me is great but wish I went ceramic on the front.

    What color is the car? (Maybe I missed it)


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Silver with black interior.
    2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT
    2006 Acura TL 6MT
    2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe
    2011 INFINITI FX35

    Current - 2015 S4 6MT

  11. #11
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 19 2018
    AZ Member #
    417303
    Location
    Chicago, IL

    I got 30%: Formula One Pinnacle 30 specifically


  12. #12
    Senior Member Three Rings Bikel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 19 2013
    AZ Member #
    117469
    Location
    SoCal

    35% fronts / 20% rears...

    2010 S4 | Prestige | Ibis White | DSG w SD | ADAC Grille Badge

  13. #13
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 25 2018
    AZ Member #
    427528
    Location
    Frisco, TX

    Quote Originally Posted by jungy4 View Post
    My S4 needs tint badly.

    Thinking of going 35% all around

    or 50% front and 35% rear to obey the law. (Maybe paying money for 50% isn't even worth it?)

    Anyone with either setup, pics will be appreciated.
    Hello friend,

    Been little busy travelling, so just came across your thread and hope you have not installed the tint yet. While ago I remember seeing a thread regarding water getting into the factory amp during a tint install, so alert the installer if they are not familiar with the factory amp location.

  14. #14
    Established Member Two Rings jungy4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 18 2014
    AZ Member #
    189846
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin

    Quote Originally Posted by sailakfan View Post
    Hello friend,

    Been little busy travelling, so just came across your thread and hope you have not installed the tint yet. While ago I remember seeing a thread regarding water getting into the factory amp during a tint install, so alert the installer if they are not familiar with the factory amp location.
    Hi buddy. Got that car yet?
    I don't understand how tinting has anything to do with the amp. Can you find that thread?
    2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT
    2006 Acura TL 6MT
    2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe
    2011 INFINITI FX35

    Current - 2015 S4 6MT

  15. #15
    Veteran Member Four Rings MrFunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 04 2012
    AZ Member #
    91200
    My Garage
    2012 Audi S4. 2017 Mini CMS JCW. 2016 Yamaha Z 125. 2007' Honda S2000
    Location
    MSP

    50% all round
    I wish I'd done 40%

    I would not do different %'s on front and back - looks bad IMO. Just choose one and do em all round. You can do rear window darker if you want... but any adjacent glass should be same %.





    12' Prestige S4 + 6MT - Original Owner
    GIAC stg II v2 + AWE Pulley + Alpha Boost Cooler + Meisterwerk Shrt Shifter + AWE Cat-Back + S-Flow Intake & AFE Filter + H&R Front & Rear Sways + H&R OE Springs & Bilstein B8 Sprt Dampeners + Alu-Kreuz + CR-15 Upper Strut Brace + Ceramic Pads & 2-Piece Drilled/Slotted Rotors & SS Lines + Apikol Diff Mnt + 034 Trans Mnt Insert + ECS Diff Inserts + USP SS Clutch Line + PSS Summers/Nokian R2 Winters

  16. #16
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 25 2018
    AZ Member #
    427528
    Location
    Frisco, TX

    Hi,

    Yes, I have but she is garaged right now as I am travelling. Will post pics after a wash and detailed, also planning to do an oil and filter change myself soon, so ordered the first mod, a dipstick :)

    Anyway, here is one thread, https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...-to-tint-my-S4 I bet have seen several in the past. The amp and the mmi control is located behind the panel in the trunk on the driver's side, so be aware of it and alert the installer just in case.

  17. #17
    Established Member Two Rings jungy4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 18 2014
    AZ Member #
    189846
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin

    Quote Originally Posted by sailakfan View Post
    Hi,

    Yes, I have but she is garaged right now as I am travelling. Will post pics after a wash and detailed, also planning to do an oil and filter change myself soon, so ordered the first mod, a dipstick :)

    Anyway, here is one thread, https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...-to-tint-my-S4 I bet have seen several in the past. The amp and the mmi control is located behind the panel in the trunk on the driver's side, so be aware of it and alert the installer just in case.
    Great info. Thanks!
    2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT
    2006 Acura TL 6MT
    2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe
    2011 INFINITI FX35

    Current - 2015 S4 6MT

  18. #18
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 25 2017
    AZ Member #
    400036
    Location
    Bartlett, IL

    Tint pic request

    IMG_3988.JPG

    20% all around using Formula One Pinnacles


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  19. #19
    Veteran Member Four Rings raudiace4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2013
    AZ Member #
    128737
    My Garage
    2017 C63s Coupe, 2013 S4, 2017 A3
    Location
    Northern Suburbs, IL



    35% ceramic all around. No windshield.
    Current: 2017 C63s Coupe
    Daily: 2013 S4

    Wife's: 2017 A3 S-Line Quattro


  20. #20
    Established Member Two Rings 03redgti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 20 2010
    AZ Member #
    68495
    Location
    lancaster, pa

    35%
    01.5 imola s4 *sold* Current: Glacier White b8.5 s4

  21. #21
    Established Member Three Rings Ford Prefect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 20 2017
    AZ Member #
    391171
    My Garage
    2011 Silver S4, Mercedes Benz R350 ('07 & '11), Suzuki SV1000
    Location
    New Hampshire

    This thread is basically S4 porn

  22. #22
    Established Member Two Rings jungy4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 18 2014
    AZ Member #
    189846
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFunk View Post
    50% all round
    I wish I'd done 40%

    I would not do different %'s on front and back - looks bad IMO. Just choose one and do em all round. You can do rear window darker if you want... but any adjacent glass should be same %.
    That 50% isn't bad at all with black interior.
    I am leaning towards going darker in the rear. I don't mind the look. That's how crossovers come from factory anyway.
    2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT
    2006 Acura TL 6MT
    2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe
    2011 INFINITI FX35

    Current - 2015 S4 6MT

  23. #23
    Active Member Two Rings hoffasenior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 07 2017
    AZ Member #
    392675
    Location
    Minnesota

    Don't forget to get the black banner across the top... (my R32, one day soon on a S4)

  24. #24
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 25 2018
    AZ Member #
    427528
    Location
    Frisco, TX

    Quote Originally Posted by raudiace4 View Post


    35% ceramic all around. No windshield.
    Just got a preloved 2016 in Daytona, live in Texas, so certainly going the Ceramic route, would you mind a picture of the rear windshield, would like to see how the 35% looks in the back. Debating whether to get the windshield and the sunroof done as well. Any suggestions?

    jungy4, sorry for hijacking your thread, thought might help you also.

    Thanks

  25. #25
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 03 2014
    AZ Member #
    208406
    My Garage
    R32, B7
    Location
    US

    Quote Originally Posted by hoffasenior View Post
    Don't forget to get the black banner across the top...
    always thought the tint strip on a windshield looked bad/cheap.

  26. #26
    Senior Member Four Rings ModItNow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 05 2015
    AZ Member #
    318779
    My Garage
    Acura RDX
    Location
    Napa, Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
    This thread is basically S4 porn
    Totally haha. Here is 20% which is perfect for me. Some people like it darker, some lighter. 20180614_153240.jpeg

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Audizine mobile app

  27. #27
    Veteran Member Four Rings raudiace4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2013
    AZ Member #
    128737
    My Garage
    2017 C63s Coupe, 2013 S4, 2017 A3
    Location
    Northern Suburbs, IL

    Quote Originally Posted by sailakfan View Post
    Just got a preloved 2016 in Daytona, live in Texas, so certainly going the Ceramic route, would you mind a picture of the rear windshield, would like to see how the 35% looks in the back. Debating whether to get the windshield and the sunroof done as well. Any suggestions?

    jungy4, sorry for hijacking your thread, thought might help you also.

    Thanks
    Sunroof is already tinted from factory, i wouldn’t waste money. If I lived in Texas i’d do 20% and 50% windshield.

    Current: 2017 C63s Coupe
    Daily: 2013 S4

    Wife's: 2017 A3 S-Line Quattro


  28. #28
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 25 2018
    AZ Member #
    427528
    Location
    Frisco, TX

    [QUOTE=raudiace4;13392838]Sunroof is already tinted from factory, i wouldn’t waste money. If I lived in Texas i’d do 20% and 50% windshield.

    /QUOTE]

    Thanks, realized the sunroof is already a bit darker, did not realize it is tinted, thought it was a tainted glass. The legal limit in Texas is 25%, so will probably do either 25 or 30% when I am ready. Btw, the installer offers both llumar ctx and huper optiks, thinking about doing the ctx.

    Appreciate the additional shot, really like the even look.

  29. #29
    Established Member Two Rings cullenrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 10 2016
    AZ Member #
    382871
    Location
    VA

    IMG_3526.JPG

    20% all around except windshield had 35 before but I think 20 is great and I got mine in ceramic tint the best.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  30. #30
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 06 2017
    AZ Member #
    410830
    Location
    SoCal



    5% in the back and 20% front


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Audi S4 Estoril Blue Premium Plus B&O Black Optic

  31. #31
    Veteran Member Four Rings blackfunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 12 2012
    AZ Member #
    96697
    Location
    NY

    3M 20%


    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Life has taught me never try to make something idiot proof, they'll simply come up with a better idiot.

  32. #32
    Active Member One Ring mi1rmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 20 2018
    AZ Member #
    415834
    Location
    Seattle, WA

    15%


  33. #33
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 25 2018
    AZ Member #
    427528
    Location
    Frisco, TX

    Tinted today, day and night difference. 30% front 15 % rear doors and rear windshield. Llumar CTX

    Before





    After





    Last edited by sailakfan; 11-18-2018 at 08:42 AM.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.