Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: Three pedals

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Three pedals

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Uno. Dos. Tres. DSG's are amazing. Love the tech. The engineering. The simplicity. The performance. But they just didn't give me a semi like this does. 100% complete and fully functional in every aspect. And it's the absolute best car I've ever driven. Took 4 months to get everything perfect, but she was well worth it.

15 A3 TDI/deleted & manual swapped | 14 Porsche Cayenne Diesel | 15 Golf TDI | 13 Touareg TDI | 74 Thing - and lots of other junk

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

But the dsg is so fast and doesn't tire your leg in traffic.

Veteran Member Three Rings Spinnetti's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Well done! What all did it take to do it?
    2015 S3: Uni Stage 2 ECU/TCU / Most of the 034 chassis and suspension catalog / APR Intake, Turbo inlet and Downpipe / ECS resonator delete / Neuspeed turbo muffler delete & discharge piping / 18x8.5 ET35 255/40
    2008 R8 V8 Manual: Uni 93 ECU tune / Avior Exhaust / 15mm Spacers / R8 Puddle lights / Custom mats
    1991 LS400: Literally every part replaced or modified in some way (24hrs of Lemons car)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ahyeah View Post
    But the dsg is so fast and doesn't tire your leg in traffic.
    Are you the type that circles the parking lot to find the closest spot at the gym only to get on a treadmill?

OP - good find! Congrats on the new ride.
    2018 Audi S3 Premium Plus
    Navarra Blue Metallic/Magma Red - Technology, Dynamic, S Sport, Black Optic, Resonator Delete

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Spinnetti View Post
    Well done! What all did it take to do it?

MQB stuff all bolts right in. Wiring and coding was the biggest headache. And some custom machine work on the starter which I'm still not sure why, but irrelevant at this point. She drives better than I imagined.

I never skipped leg day, so I'm not too worried about fatigue there, lol.
    15 A3 TDI/deleted & manual swapped | 14 Porsche Cayenne Diesel | 15 Golf TDI | 13 Touareg TDI | 74 Thing - and lots of other junk

Active Member Two Rings Chaoscreature's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 A3 Quattro, 1995 Porsche 993 C2, 2006 Jetta TDI

Congrats on the swap! You definitely made it look OEM
    It's a shame Audi didn't offer a 6-speed from the factory.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by XMetal View Post
    Are you the type that circles the parking lot to find the closest spot at the gym only to get on a treadmill?

OP - good find! Congrats on the new ride.
    Somehow I knew my sarcasm would be misinterpreted..

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by veedubtek View Post
    MQB stuff all bolts right in. Wiring and coding was the biggest headache. And some custom machine work on the starter which I'm still not sure why, but irrelevant at this point. She drives better than I imagined.

I never skipped leg day, so I'm not too worried about fatigue there, lol.
    Well, that's the trick isn't it. What wiring and coding was required or did you have somebody else do the work? I suppose was quite expensive to get trans/flywheel/clutch/pedals and all that. Would love a manual, but probably not worth have the cost of a used car to get it.
    2015 S3: Uni Stage 2 ECU/TCU / Most of the 034 chassis and suspension catalog / APR Intake, Turbo inlet and Downpipe / ECS resonator delete / Neuspeed turbo muffler delete & discharge piping / 18x8.5 ET35 255/40
    2008 R8 V8 Manual: Uni 93 ECU tune / Avior Exhaust / 15mm Spacers / R8 Puddle lights / Custom mats
    1991 LS400: Literally every part replaced or modified in some way (24hrs of Lemons car)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Costwise - it really wasn't terrible. Probably $2500 in parts, counting the 3 different flywheels I tried. Reflect Tuning handled the ECM tune. I did all the coding/wiring. Most modules were pretty self explanatory, I also studied lots of different auto-scans posted on vcds forums, and also had 2 MQB golfs available to me that were mirror images of each other, except one DSG and one manual and reverse engineered alot of the coding that way.

I'm about to trade my 36 mile commute for a .4 mile commute, so I'm actually toying with the idea of selling this one and buying an S3 to do the same thing all over again. Not sure if I just love the challenge, or I'm a masochist, but it is enjoyable either way.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by veedubtek View Post
    Costwise - it really wasn't terrible. Probably $2500 in parts, counting the 3 different flywheels I tried. Reflect Tuning handled the ECM tune. I did all the coding/wiring. Most modules were pretty self explanatory, I also studied lots of different auto-scans posted on vcds forums, and also had 2 MQB golfs available to me that were mirror images of each other, except one DSG and one manual and reverse engineered alot of the coding that way.

I'm about to trade my 36 mile commute for a .4 mile commute, so I'm actually toying with the idea of selling this one and buying an S3 to do the same thing all over again. Not sure if I just love the challenge, or I'm a masochist, but it is enjoyable either way.
    If you would, document as you go... I've got an S3, and for performance driving I hate the DSG. You figure out how to fully shut off stability control and throttle intervention?