Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings dalmation53's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B7

B7 becoming a money pit.

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I'm really getting tired of this car. When it works it works wonderful i now have 175k miles i know is not a new car and don't expect to nothing to fail but is getting really annoying. I got my first motorcycle to daily it and not drive the b7 as much. But this limp mode situation makes me want to junk it. I have replaced turbo, low pressure fuel pump, fuel level sender. Cam follower is good chaged 12 k miles ago never had a hole cams are good. Map sensor is good. Changed to a better working MAF. No misfires. Coils are good plugs are new. No leaks in valve cover gasket replaced when i did my head. Then today i throw an underboost code and a new one. Then limp mode. Full throttle wont go past 4000rpm. What the fock is wrong with this car? Is not like it has old parts. I replaced my oil filter housing due to it leaking. Stopped leak car ran wonderful but today... Today is has run like shit. Theres my new amazing code. Seems like my HPFP took a dump on me? If i can log it please tell me how. I dont mind getting one just want my car to be fine. In the next days ill be driving my new bike post picture. But since i wont daily the b7 i just want it working for when i do drive it.

@Evolutionarmory help me brotha lolScreenshot_20181109-132209.jpgIMG_20181109_012344_391.jpeg

Sent from my G3313 using Audizine mobile app
    Ivan

Veteran Member Four Rings IronAudi's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Welcome to all Used cars. My exhaust feel off on the highway and I have random missfires. Sell the car and buy a Honda.
    2008 B7 A4 2.0 T Brilliant Black|20% Tint|18" RS4 Reps LE|Bone Stock Brand new old Engine.

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Could be the fuel rail pressure switch, the high pressure fuel pump or a clogged fuel line. Itís hard to say.

A lot of people would say replace your high pressure fuel pump because this code generally refers to the sensor on top of the HPFP but an equal amount of people have probably been bitten in the ass over this code.

Generally you would want to do a log of the HPFP and see if rail pressure is dropping off somewhere and examine the data to get a better idea of what itís doing
    2005.5 A4 Avant: JHM K04R, GIAC K04 tune, NGK BKR8EIX plugs, RS4 PRV, RS4 fuel pump controller, Treadstone TR6 intercooler core with JHM pipe kit, CTS Turbo test pipe, ECS Tuning snub mount, 034 street tranny mount, 034 street motor mounts, ECS Tuning turbo inlet pipe, ECS Tuning RA4 clutch conversion, Billy Boat Stealth cat back, Fluidampr

Senior Member Four Rings Dondbg's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MB w203

Engine, live data , ch 230

Veteran Member Four Rings vvenom800tt's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionArmory View Post
    Could be the fuel rail pressure switch, the high pressure fuel pump or a clogged fuel line. Itís hard to say.

A lot of people would say replace your high pressure fuel pump because this code generally refers to the sensor on top of the HPFP but an equal amount of people have probably been bitten in the ass over this code.

Generally you would want to do a log of the HPFP and see if rail pressure is dropping off somewhere and examine the data to get a better idea of what itís doing
    At least its not the p0089.

I replaced my entire fuel system chasing it. Ended up being the hpfp.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Audizine mobile app
    2005.5 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T 6MT - APR - 034 - Custom 3" single exhaust - 17z Brembo - GFB - Alzor - Kumho - ST - Injen - Swift - Hyperco - ECS - Saikou Michi - PowerFlex - Podi

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Are you getting any hesitations or stalls?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B7

Quote Originally Posted by BillyK View Post
    Are you getting any hesitations or stalls?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    I am. Driving under 3000 rpm seems to work fine but once i do a WOT doesn't go past 4000k rpm wanted to pass a semi today doing 40 on a 65 and i couldn't pass him. I was so mad you have no idea it caught me by surprise.

Ivan

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B7

I replace my fueling system exept the HPFP. Honestly i will run data logs on channel 230 what i'm i looking for here? In idle or wot or normal driving? Also i is the pressure switch the one on top or the side one? That one has been replaced 20k miles ago oem. When i did my cylinder head.

Ivan

AZ Member #

Fuel rail pressure switch. Itís on the underside of the manifold. That switch, the HPFP and the fuel line seems like itís all you have left.

Donít you have a friend who has a downed B7? Could you use his HPFP to test with?
    2005.5 A4 Avant: JHM K04R, GIAC K04 tune, NGK BKR8EIX plugs, RS4 PRV, RS4 fuel pump controller, Treadstone TR6 intercooler core with JHM pipe kit, CTS Turbo test pipe, ECS Tuning snub mount, 034 street tranny mount, 034 street motor mounts, ECS Tuning turbo inlet pipe, ECS Tuning RA4 clutch conversion, Billy Boat Stealth cat back, Fluidampr

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I just took in an A4 parts car with a 2.0, if you're stuck and want to try anything to remedy it let me know. I still have to defeat some kind of security system since this car was repoed, but I'm about 95% sure it runs fine.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

At 175k miles most cars start crapping out in one way or another.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B7

Fuel rail pressure switch. Itís on the underside of the manifold. That switch, the HPFP and the fuel line seems like itís all you have left.

Donít you have a friend who has a downed B7? Could you use his HPFP to test with?
    Ok since the car sometimes rides nice and sometimes i doesn't i'm going to buy an HPFP. They fail internally too correct?

Ivan

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dalmation53 View Post
    Ok since the car sometimes rides nice and sometimes i doesn't i'm going to buy an HPFP. They fail internally too correct?

Honestly I think the sensor on the top is what fails the most on them and they arenít available separate.

You should break down and buy VCDS. A full throttle log of the HPFP could help figure out what is going on. Youíve got 3 things that are going to mess with high pressure the most. Your PRV could be failing and dumping pressure too early, the pressure switch on the fuel rail could be giving the wrong readings or you could have a bad HPFP because the N276 on top is bad. Or it could be a clogged fuel line.

Senior Member Four Rings Theiceman's Avatar
    AZ Member #

just curious, will the car rev to redline while in neutral ?

if it cant unscrew your o2 sensor first in the stream if it then revs up you have a clogged cat
    2014 A4 2.0TQ Technik
    2006 A4 2.0TQ 6spd
    1978 Porsche 911SC Targa
    1976 Yamaha XS 360

Registered Member One Ring WhiteTrashB7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Have you checked the fuel pressure regulator on the rail?? I had a very similar situation a couple weeks ago and that ended being my issue

Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

if the HPFP is dying on you wont it cause cam follower to fail and then break camshaft as well? i think you might have to bite the bullet on this one. all in all you paid for what you got and your maintaince is a day late and a dollar short. you gonna fix or you gonna sell as is?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by joepickems View Post
    if the HPFP is dying on you wont it cause cam follower to fail and then break camshaft as well? i think you might have to bite the bullet on this one. all in all you paid for what you got and your maintaince is a day late and a dollar short. you gonna fix or you gonna sell as is?
    Every time you post shows me how much I wish you wouldnít...

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Dalmation has a rep for replace rather than diagnose, just about the only part of the HPFP to fail is the switch again it could be PRV although that is remote, should be able to get a HPFP to test with before throwing $300 at a new pump.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Jet08 View Post
    Dalmation has a rep for replace rather than diagnose, just about the only part of the HPFP to fail is the switch again it could be PRV although that is remote, should be able to get a HPFP to test with before throwing $300 at a new pump.
    And the way this new member Joeís posts have a familiarity to it. He post like this douche that used to post here... Doesnít know shit about cars, takes jabs that make no sense, all too familiar.

Maybe ahotboy15ís alias.

Senior Member Four Rings tloft4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

And the way this new member Joeís posts have a familiarity to it. He post like this douche that used to post here... Doesnít know shit about cars, takes jabs that make no sense, all too familiar.

Maybe ahotboy15ís alias.
    hes already admitted that

"account terminated"

and now hes back with this

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B7

Maybe ahotboy15ís alias.
    That is ahotboy15 indeed. Look at the way he types. Thinking we won't notice haha

Ivan

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B7

Quote Originally Posted by Jet08 View Post
    Hahaha this is funny because is the truth. No i can get a used working pump from my friend only thing he lives 90 miles away. I guess i could drive up there and test it with his new hpfp.

Ivan

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B7

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTrashB7 View Post
    Have you checked the fuel pressure regulator on the rail?? I had a very similar situation a couple weeks ago and that ended being my issue

Sorry i havent heard of this have a pic or something i can look at?

Ivan

Registered Member One Ring WhiteTrashB7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dalmation53 View Post
    Sorry i havent heard of this have a pic or something i can look at?

Its on the firewall side of the fuel rail. It has a ball and spring valve inside of it to help build pressure in the rail.. i think i got my new one from ecs for like $7520181110_231329.jpeg20181110_231246.jpeg

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

$125 for used HPFP on ebay. i have a feel damnation is gonna need a new fuel pump.hahaha.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/06-08-Audi-...M/263987131595

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by tloft4 View Post
    hes already admitted that

"account terminated"

and now hes back with this
    Come on mods!! IP ban this guy already. What a douche.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

where there is a will there is a way (IP ROLL)
    Come on mods!! IP ban this guy already. What a douche.

Veteran Member Four Rings i3oricua's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 A4; 2007 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI

If you need to buy either a pump or stock PRV let me know. I have both items and will sell them and they are guaranteed in working condition.

Edgar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B7

$125 for used HPFP on ebay. i have a feel damnation is gonna need a new fuel pump.hahaha.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/06-08-Audi-...M/263987131595
    Damn that sucks you moved to NY you were so close to me. Ahotboy15

Ivan

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

come replace my oil filter housing ill give you 200 cash

Veteran Member Four Rings Operator's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4, Mit. Montero

My A4 became a money pit back in 2009
    EFR 6758 by UM
    Info:
    Build
    Pics
    Feat'd AZ'er

AZ Member #

come replace my oil filter housing ill give you 200 cash
    Maybe you should take that 200 and pay for the turbo you stole.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B7

Maybe you should take that 200 and pay for the turbo you stole.
    Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha hahaahahahahahahhahahah

Omg i shed a tear. That comeback was priceless i'm deaddddd...

Ivan

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B7

Quote Originally Posted by i3oricua View Post
    If you need to buy either a pump or stock PRV let me know. I have both items and will sell them and they are guaranteed in working condition.

Edgar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok ill let you know brotha. Right now i'm kinda broke since i bought the bike. Lol trying to level myself before i buy a hpfp.

Ivan