Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

using old OEM item

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hello Everyone. Looking for opinions quick. I got a TB kit from Blauparts back in March. I changed all the items out and put about 4000 miles on everything . About 900 miles ago or so a wobbly type noise developed. I listened with a scope and couldn't really pinpoint the noise even though I could hear it resonating. Took off the Access Belt, it still made the noise. replaced the idler roller, still made the noise. I recently had a very reputable Audi guy tell me it was the tensioner pulley/lever. ??? is. Do I buy a new one for 90-150 buck or just use the original one that was on the car that I replaced when I changed everything. It only had 18,500 miles on it and is in perfect condition? Thanks for the responses.
    2005 A4 Cabriolet Quattro, 3.0L

AZ Member #

Buy new. Buy OEM. A TB tensioner assembly on an AVK/BGN V6 is a whole lot cheaper than a TB issue due to failed component. Curious who the manufacturer is on the bad part.
    Xlite w/ 11spd Campy Record- 2005 Dolphin Grey Ultrasport Avant 6MT-- 2001.5 Light Silver Metallic Avant 5MT w/ Sludge Package --1979 Scout II

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by V70R View Post
    Buy new. Buy OEM. A TB tensioner assembly on an AVK/BGN V6 is a whole lot cheaper than a TB issue due to failed component. Curious who the manufacturer is on the bad part.
    Thanks V70R I'll grab a new OEM one. The manu on the bad one was NTN.
    2005 A4 Cabriolet Quattro, 3.0L