Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Three Rings RocksForsSale's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hvac spring? Where does this go?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey in the middle of my HC removal, and I had this seem to drop out of no where.

Where does it attach. I dropped down the glove box and removed the harness to the fan. Both springs for the glove box are there.

IMG_4562.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

Thereís one on the drives side too I dunno maybe it transfers ground to the dash frame or something? The other side was kinda off in no mans land too but half way on.

Anyway here I am so far waiting on a buddy to grab the other side of the dash to pull it onto the sears to sneak in the HC.

56340367243__4C7A5267-5888-4567-A987-C7132130F4AD.jpg

IMG_4565.JPG

IMG_4558.jpg

IMG_4557.JPG

IMG_4559.jpg

AZ Member #

If it moved this far I should be home free right? My helper is taking forever and itís getting dark.IMG_4569.jpg

AZ Member #

IMG_4572.jpgIMG_4573.jpgIMG_4575.jpg

Whatís the deal with the febi seal!? It went around like stock but not around horizontally all the way at the top, so I put it at much as I could. Also does stock only have one screw when it pops into the hvac box?

IMG_4576.jpg

IMG_4577.jpg

Good news sheís in, but not all buttoned up. I got a little hung up on the steering column connection and routine those rear hvac ducts. This way is definitely a breeze especially with an electric impact and a friend for sure.

Veteran Member Three Rings PwrWgn's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Nice going. I feel like the heater core is a rite of passage for B5 owners. Pretty close to doing mine too

AZ Member #

Thanks yeah it was much faster this way, but you definitely need a buddy come removal and install time.

Itís also much easier to break stuff in the center stack areas. I took apart the radio/klima/ashtray and it made it easier for the e brake and shifter to have space when your moving it. However, I broke the piece of hard plastic/aluminum between the radio/Klima support. Also it feels flimsier in there with all the 8mm out.

I still donít know what that spring one either side of the dash support is for, looks pretty heavy duty.

Or whatís the deal with the HVAC foam or not enough for the top or why if it was just for the side too long?