Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

AZ Member #

Headlamps missing screw/bolt

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi all
    I've noticed my headlamps are not sitting well in their place, saw it was missing the long bolt in the back, anyone know the P/N? or where to buy it?
    Thanks.

Senior Member Four Rings JeriQo's Avatar
    AZ Member #

look at the other bolt and go to lowes or home depot
    2012 BB A4 P+ S-line Exterior |FBSW RS Paddles/Pedals|CR-15|AFE Filter|ECS inlet|S4 Dual Exhaust|Ace Convex 19x8.5|ECS 10mm rear|Solowerks S1

Established Member Four Rings Spawne32's Avatar
    AZ Member #

M6 x 1.0 I believe? Fairly common metric size, you can take the other one out and find a matching bolt and fender washer at any local hardware store. Although I don't think losing that one bolt should cause the headlight to move that much, take all of them out, it slots into the bracket on the bottom of the light, you may have to re-install the whole light to get that back into position.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Unfortunately, the parts page is about clear as mud (https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/e...q/636u/941050/), but I believe you're looking for part 20 (https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...ach/n90684705/). Not sure why ECS mentions "from 2013", as it's clearly in the B8.0 part page. Mine have squared bolt heads and are silver, and don't match the picture exactly for any of the three part options (20, 21, 23).
    2009 A4 Avant 2.0T quattro Prestige, 177k miles

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Spawne32 View Post
    M6 x 1.0 I believe? Fairly common metric size, you can take the other one out and find a matching bolt and fender washer at any local hardware store. Although I don't think losing that one bolt should cause the headlight to move that much, take all of them out, it slots into the bracket on the bottom of the light, you may have to re-install the whole light to get that back into position.
    ziptie should do the trick
    2012 BB A4 P+ S-line Exterior |FBSW RS Paddles/Pedals|CR-15|AFE Filter|ECS inlet|S4 Dual Exhaust|Ace Convex 19x8.5|ECS 10mm rear|Solowerks S1

Established Member Four Rings Spawne32's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JeriQo View Post
    not out of the question for a lot of stuff lol

Established Member Three Rings choppstixxx's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 Honda S2000

Quote Originally Posted by JeriQo View Post
    Issue is that on the headlight mount there is no back piece aka it isn't a complete circle. It's more of a "U" shape since the headlight slots into the OEM bolt (thats missing) then gets tightened down on.
    2013 Moonlight Blue Metallic B8.5 A4 Quattro Premium Flex Fuel 1 of 519
    OEM Bi-Xenon Conversion / OEM S-Line Grill + RS4 Style Foglight Covers / Maxton v2 Front Splitter / SpoilerKing Lip Spoiler / H&R Street Coilovers / Akebono / Yakima Whispbar / OEM S-Line SW / OEM Carbon Altas Trim / ZiZa LED Interior Lighting / US Millworks
    19x9.5 Avant Garde M590 Brushed Grigio (Summer) / 18x8 Alzor Style 628 (Winter)

Senior Member Three Rings kayroccs's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I always lose those screws whenever I take out my head lamp. I always get replacements at Audi and they go for $1 at Audi parts. I don't have the part number but its a common screw they have at the dealer.

Established Member Three Rings choppstixxx's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 Honda S2000

Quote Originally Posted by kayroccs View Post
    I always lose those screws whenever I take out my head lamp. I always get replacements at Audi and they go for $1 at Audi parts. I don't have the part number but its a common screw they have at the dealer.
    FYI your not supposed to remove them completely when taking out/putting back in, they should just be loosened. It a) allows you not to lose them b) let you slot the headlight in correctly when installing them.
    2013 Moonlight Blue Metallic B8.5 A4 Quattro Premium Flex Fuel 1 of 519
    OEM Bi-Xenon Conversion / OEM S-Line Grill + RS4 Style Foglight Covers / Maxton v2 Front Splitter / SpoilerKing Lip Spoiler / H&R Street Coilovers / Akebono / Yakima Whispbar / OEM S-Line SW / OEM Carbon Altas Trim / ZiZa LED Interior Lighting / US Millworks
    19x9.5 Avant Garde M590 Brushed Grigio (Summer) / 18x8 Alzor Style 628 (Winter)

Senior Member Three Rings kayroccs's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by choppstixxx View Post
    FYI your not supposed to remove them completely when taking out/putting back in, they should just be loosened. It a) allows you not to lose them b) let you slot the headlight in correctly when installing them.
    Yeah, I realized that after 2 times removing the headlight.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by choppstixxx View Post
    Issue is that on the headlight mount there is no back piece aka it isn't a complete circle. It's more of a "U" shape since the headlight slots into the OEM bolt (thats missing) then gets tightened down on.
    oh yeah, true that.