Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Arin@APR's Avatar
    AZ Member #

APR Stage 2 v2.6 Now Available for the New Golf R, S3 and TTS

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!

APR Stage 2 v2.6 is now available for the new Golf R, S3 and TTS! This new update provides better 0-60 mph times through a recalibrated launch control strategy within the ECU. During testing we saw 0-60 times reduce from an average of 3.6s to 3.4s and 3.2s via Dragy! Other improvement include a more linearized throttle map, improved boost control, and more drivability changes.

Please note: APR suggests servicing and cleaning the factory Haldex filter for best results! No updates to the TCU are required. V2.6 changes and improvements are applicable to 6MT vehicles as well.

This free update is now available worldwide. #GOAPR
    GoAPR.com | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram
    Phone: (800) 680-7921 Local Phone: +1 (334) 502-5181 Fax: +1 (334) 502-5180
    Address: APR LLC, 4800 US HWY 280 West, Opelika, AL 36801

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post

APR Stage 2 v2.6 is now available for the new Golf R, S3 and TTS! This new update provides better 0-60 mph times through a recalibrated launch control strategy within the ECU. During testing we saw 0-60 times reduce from an average of 3.6s to 3.4s and 3.2s via Dragy! Other improvement include a more linearized throttle map, improved boost control, and more drivability changes.

Please note: APR suggests servicing and cleaning the factory Haldex filter for best results! No updates to the TCU are required. V2.6 changes and improvements are applicable to 6MT vehicles as well.

This free update is now available worldwide. #GOAPR
    Is there a TCU tune to go with this yet for the facelift?
    Tango Red S3 MY18 Sportback | Mirror Pkg | Black Pkg | Roof Rails Black | SPP 1 | Asst Pkg | Design Selection 2 | Privacy | Panoramic Sun Roof |
    Previously -Black S3 MY09 | Pearl Black S3 MY01| Ming Blue A3T MY00 | Laser Red A3 MY99 |

AZ Member #

No, not yet.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

No, not yet.
    May I ask what the hold up is? There appears to be TCU tunes around but I'm waiting for the APR one.
    Tango Red S3 MY18 Sportback | Mirror Pkg | Black Pkg | Roof Rails Black | SPP 1 | Asst Pkg | Design Selection 2 | Privacy | Panoramic Sun Roof |
    Previously -Black S3 MY09 | Pearl Black S3 MY01| Ming Blue A3T MY00 | Laser Red A3 MY99 |

Veteran Member Three Rings Spinnetti's Avatar
    AZ Member #

is this only for FL models, or pre-FL too?
    2015 S3: Uni Stage 2 ECU/TCU / Most of the 034 chassis and suspension catalog / APR Intake, Turbo inlet and Downpipe / ECS resonator delete / Neuspeed turbo muffler delete & discharge piping / 18x8.5 ET35 255/40
    2008 R8 V8 Manual: Uni 93 ECU tune / Avior Exhaust / 15mm Spacers / R8 Puddle lights / Custom mats
    1991 LS400: Literally every part replaced or modified in some way (24hrs of Lemons car)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by larsmate View Post
    May I ask what the hold up is?
    I guess you could say ethics. We could just dump something out and say it's better, and you probably wouldn't know, but that's not how we roll. Truth be told, the transmission is good, so we're spending a lot of time on it to see what we can actually improve. There's a lot to learn. Lot to change. A lot to test. And it's an all new transmission with a new flashing routine (we write those ourself - we don't just buy it from someone else.) So, yeah, it takes a while to make something good from the ground up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spinnetti View Post
    is this only for FL models, or pre-FL too?
    Both

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I guess you could say ethics. We could just dump something out and say it's better, and you probably wouldn't know, but that's not how we roll. Truth be told, the transmission is good, so we're spending a lot of time on it to see what we can actually improve. There's a lot to learn. Lot to change. A lot to test. And it's an all new transmission with a new flashing routine (we write those ourself - we don't just buy it from someone else.) So, yeah, it takes a while to make something good from the ground up.

- - - Updated - - -

Both
    That's the response I was looking for and I'll stay patient. Thanks Arin!