Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: Fmic-smic

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Fmic-smic

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hay team was hoping that you could help me out please.

I have a Audi B5 1999 I'm wonting to do fmic but not allowed to cut the bumper crash alloy bar, I have a hx52 turbo on a vr6. I also have just read about the Wagner smic being able to handle 1000hp will thay fit in the a4 s4 car or do you need the pumped out arches rs4 because of the size ect. I also have seen evolution motorsports front bar thay have made to allow fmic replacement for the crash bar.

I have taken out the Ac so it's just the radiator and the crash bar for certification there saying that I can't cut this and have to provide specs of the crash bar and specs of the new bar to replicate the oem one strength ect.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Oat team checking in

Veteran Member Four Rings MacDaddy's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Im guessing if your vr6 swapped+turbo, your only running one turbo, you could run a lower profile intercooler that wouldnt require cutting of the bumper rebar.

As far as space for SMIC, guys have run RS4 intercoolers in S4 bumpers without needing extra room, audiworld probably still have the DIY article on mounting RS4 intercoolers in an S4 if you look on their site, google search will be useless since audizine pays google to direct all audi searches to this website instead of anywhere else.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Thank you for this been a crazy week trying to find people here in NZ to help me out, ill have a look at some different cores n see what can work, otherwise i dont think the smic are up for the task,