Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings Mister W's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 Volvo XC90

Question for those who retrofit bi xenon

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I have halogene headlight and retrofited oem bi xenon today. Installed the harness adapter, route the wires to #21-21 under the dash, plug headlights and battery. But then, i have no tail lights, no flasher and no city light. Should i have some lights before recoding module 9? I could not recode after since my v scanner couldn't connect to module 9. I have to wait for a vagcom.

Envoyé de mon SM-G960W en utilisant Tapatalk
    2006 A4 Avant 2.0t FSI 6spd silver. Owning an Audi is like having a hot girlfriend that's mentally unstable
    Unitronic stage 1+, black/white alcantara Recaro, S4 front brakes, RS4 swaybar, 18" Ruffino Boss, Koni Yellow + eibach, JHM SS, 034 HFC, OBX DP/S4 exhaust, K&N, APR snub mount, S4 door blades, Forge spacer, CIM vent boost gauge, B8 style led headlights with xenarc HID. Retrofit: sirius, menu wiper stalk, RNS-E, oem BT, Recaro to Avant, ski bag

Senior Member Three Rings Kingzilla17's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Mister W View Post
    I have halogene headlight and retrofited oem bi xenon today. Installed the harness adapter, route the wires to #21-21 under the dash, plug headlights and battery. But then, i have no tail lights, no flasher and no city light. Should i have some lights before recoding module 9? I could not recode after since my v scanner couldn't connect to module 9. I have to wait for a vagcom.

From my experience, the headlights worked without even coding the car. I did the retro fit and ran it for a year before coding the high beam function. I would say go back and double check everything is plugged in, or try plugging in the halogen set to see if your tail lights work when you go back.
    06 Arctic White Audi A4 Quattro: |Solo-Werks Coilovers, OEM Bi-Xenon blacked out w/ STi Clear lens & CC mod, Hoen yellow fogs, 18'' Avus wheels, LED reverse lights, Thule Aero roof rack w/ Thule Evolution 1600 box|

Veteran Member Four Rings Mister W's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 Volvo XC90

Quote Originally Posted by Kingzilla17 View Post
    From my experience, the headlights worked without even coding the car. I did the retro fit and ran it for a year before coding the high beam function. I would say go back and double check everything is plugged in, or try plugging in the halogen set to see if your tail lights work when you go back.
    Fixed. Thanx. It was the grey connector under the dash that was not in correctly. I got my lights back and was able to recode after. Case closed.

2006 A4 Avant 2.0t FSI 6spd silver. Owning an Audi is like having a hot girlfriend that's mentally unstable
    Unitronic stage 1+, black/white alcantara Recaro, S4 front brakes, RS4 swaybar, 18" Ruffino Boss, Koni Yellow + eibach, JHM SS, 034 HFC, OBX DP/S4 exhaust, K&N, APR snub mount, S4 door blades, Forge spacer, CIM vent boost gauge, B8 style led headlights with xenarc HID. Retrofit: sirius, menu wiper stalk, RNS-E, oem BT, Recaro to Avant, ski bag