Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Shop to do PPI in Denver

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I am looking at a 2001 S4 with mild upgrades located in Denver, but I am in Chicago. I know that buying sight unseen is a risk, but the car and seller seem reasonable and I would likely get an independent PPI even if local as I am new to Audi (have had VW, BMW, and Mercedes, so not new to turbos). I was wondering if anyone had a for or against a shop near downtown Denver to make it as convenient for the seller as possible.

From searching here, my options are the following:
    Black Canyon Performance
    Bluewater Performance
    Autosport Werks
    Avalon Motorsports

Thanks in advance

Active Member Two Rings Patrick303's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 A6 3.0T Prestige, 2009 Mercedes C300

You can add Berg Performance and 3zero3 Motorsports to your list.
    2013 A6 Prestige | Phantom Black Pearl | APR Stage II DP | AWE exhaust | Injen intake | RS7 airbox | Eurocode sways/end links | ECS spacers |RS Grill | Carking trunk spoiler

Veteran Member Three Rings HUFset's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B5 A4 F21L, B6 A4 1.8T, MK4 Jetta F21T

And again remove 3zero3 and add Apikol.
    2000 A4 1.8TQM|Frankenturbo F21L|550cc Motoza|034 AEM WMI|ClutchMasters FX250|Carbonio CAI|034/Borla TBE|Godspeed FMIC|2.0T/AWP harness|Toy Guy/JHM duo SS|034 mounts|034 CAs|ST Coilovers|A6 strut brace|ECS Rear Diff Mount|Apikol diff bushings|A4 Sport Cloths|Euro S3 FBMFSW|B6 S4 Rearview Mirror|Euro Bolster|S4 interior/exterior|Sport Mirrors|M3 spoiler|Aero Arms|Votex Rack w/Rocky Mounts|A8 Fat Fives|S4 Cluster|P3 VIDI gauge|Pioneer AVH-X4700BS|Alpine PDX-V9|6 Polk DB mids|Eclipse 12"

AZ Member #

Thank you!

Veteran Member Three Rings bshanna's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    94 MR2, 92 MR2

berg+
    also autobahn if they are more south.

does the seller mention if it was maintained at any local shops?

OEM windshield sunshade, rear seat pet cover, microfibre clothe, official audi camelbak water bottle, beanie

AZ Member #

Might depend on where the car is located. Better to make a recommendation based on cars location.

Sent from my
    2018 SQ5 - Daytona, Prestige

*Sold*2011 S4 - EPL Dual Pulley + TCU - 20" BBS LM - Bilstein B12 - APR RSC Exhaust
    Deval CF Diffuser - Maxton Splitter - USP Intake - MercRacing HE - CR15 -AutoTech HPFP

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 RS 5; 2018 RS 3

Quote Originally Posted by HUFset View Post
    And again remove 3zero3 and add Apikol.
    I hear people say stay away from 3zero3, but not sure I've ever seen anyone give a reason. Do they not do good work, are they jerks, why stay away?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by phroenips View Post
    I hear people say stay away from 3zero3, but not sure I've ever seen anyone give a reason. Do they not do good work, are they jerks, why stay away?
    $$$$$
    2018 SQ5 - Daytona, Prestige

*Sold*2011 S4 - EPL Dual Pulley + TCU - 20" BBS LM - Bilstein B12 - APR RSC Exhaust
    Deval CF Diffuser - Maxton Splitter - USP Intake - MercRacing HE - CR15 -AutoTech HPFP

Senior Member Three Rings Avus RS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

FYI:
    I’m going through some legal issues with apikol that still need to be settled.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

3ZERO3 is really expensive. I needed a PPI on my previous Porsche they wanted about $350. I went to German car Shoppe and they did it for a substantially smaller sum. Less than a 3rd of that cost.

Veteran Member Three Rings HUFset's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B5 A4 F21L, B6 A4 1.8T, MK4 Jetta F21T

Shop to do PPI in Denver

Quote Originally Posted by phroenips View Post
    Your car will come back missing parts(in my case an engine covers and skid plate). They give poor advice. If it’s winter time they’ll park it under cars and won’t clean it. Then they’ll deny everything after charging you more than anyone else.
    2000 A4 1.8TQM|Frankenturbo F21L|550cc Motoza|034 AEM WMI|ClutchMasters FX250|Carbonio CAI|034/Borla TBE|Godspeed FMIC|2.0T/AWP harness|Toy Guy/JHM duo SS|034 mounts|034 CAs|ST Coilovers|A6 strut brace|ECS Rear Diff Mount|Apikol diff bushings|A4 Sport Cloths|Euro S3 FBMFSW|B6 S4 Rearview Mirror|Euro Bolster|S4 interior/exterior|Sport Mirrors|M3 spoiler|Aero Arms|Votex Rack w/Rocky Mounts|A8 Fat Fives|S4 Cluster|P3 VIDI gauge|Pioneer AVH-X4700BS|Alpine PDX-V9|6 Polk DB mids|Eclipse 12"

Senior Member Three Rings BeitzDUB's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I will second Apikol. Troy and the guys are awesome.
    OP, are last 4 of the s4 youre asking about 0782?
    Last edited by BeitzDUB; 11-15-2018 at 03:16 PM.

AZ Member #

Thank you for the great recommendations. I am truly jealous of you guys in Denver. The Audi support seems stronger in Denver.
    I ended up using nd those guys are thorough! They welcomed additional information regarding a vehicle I was interested, a couple of the guys that I spoke with had B5 S4 so they liked to talk about the car. Much better than going to the dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by BeitzDUB View Post
    I will second Apikol. Troy and the guys are awesome.
    OP, are last 4 of the s4 youre asking about 0782?
    Yes. Are you looking at it? DM me.

AZ Member #

I looked at it for a guy that is out of state as well. I think he was planning to make an offer even after our inspection. Car was ok. But that salvage title

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

That was very nice of you to look at it. The car was actually maintained at Berg before the accident so they had many of the records. I was getting inspection mainly to just verify the condition and rule out my two deal breakers (unibody damage, turbos failing).
    It sounded like there was no actual unibody damage and the frame did not get on the rack. The mechanic thought that it was more like paint chips rather than actually bent, but I get that can be up to interpretation.

AZ Member #

Looks like the damage was repaired. The front clip, rear bumper and hatch have been resprayed and used doors were installed on the left side after however the B pillar damage was straightened out. The left rear door sticks a little. Which is what led us to looking closer at the b pillar.