Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Established Member Two Rings B9S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by mobE View Post
    I'll break out my meter and see what makes sense.
    If you find a better location let us know! Just make sure it turns off with the car and goes to 12V when the car is on.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Audizine mobile app

Veteran Member Three Rings mtlquattro's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by B9S4 View Post
    I put mine in a spare fuse location under the footrest. Mtlquattro found a different location for his. Attachment 112432

I ended up placing my 12v in that exact same spot!
    2018 S5 IBIS WHITE COUPE

SRM/Eurocode GTX3582 hybridCTS FMICBMS JB4/with BCMBMS WMIRoc-euro intake/ECS inlet hoseH&R springsRingless RS grille/JC Sportline CF splitterColor matched side skirtsNiche Misano 20x10.5 et27ECS Charge pipe/FMIC hose

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 GMC Sierra Denali ultimate

Good shit guy's, did you cut off that extra piece off of the supply line? And I'm assuming you did put the fuse inline? Look's like that other piece is only needed if you tap off of the 50a spot in the fuse box.(those pictures looked like they are from a BMW)
    Last edited by mobE; 03-24-2019 at 08:08 AM.
    '18 s4 s sport package | AWE dp & touring exhaust | ECS intake | APR fmic w/ piping | BMS jb4, bcm and wmi | 034 suspension bits | KW H.A.S. | last but not least, many visual mods... oh and the list is always growing!

AZ Member #

Good shit guy's, since it's only 12v did you cut off that extra piece off of the supply line? And I'm assuming you didn't put the fuse inline? Look's like those two pieces are only needed if you tap off of the 50a spot in the fuse box.(those pictures looked like they are from a BMW)
    That is correct I cut off the extra part and the fuse is in line with the wmi pump. The 2 ends are for the N54 cars so it is not needed for our cars.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

That is correct I cut off the extra part and the fuse is in line with the wmi pump. The 2 ends are for the N54 cars so it is not needed for our cars.

Cool cool, that's what I thought. Figured it was better to ask first than have to solder it back on... I'm going to put this in real quick in a more temporary fashion and then after I'm done building out the car in going to go back through and use wire wraps and solder everything.
    '18 s4 s sport package | AWE dp & touring exhaust | ECS intake | APR fmic w/ piping | BMS jb4, bcm and wmi | 034 suspension bits | KW H.A.S. | last but not least, many visual mods... oh and the list is always growing!

AZ Member #

Cool cool, that's what I thought. Figured it was better to ask first than have to solder it back on... I'm going to put this in real quick in a more temporary fashion and then after I'm done building out the car in going to go back through and use wire wraps and solder everything.
    Let us know if you have any issues or questions.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Let us know if you have any issues or questions.

Will do, I'm hoping to get it installed today. I wont enable it in jb4 yet because I haven't found a good meth solution yet... that'll be tomorrow's mission because most of the shop's are closed today.

AZ Member #

Will do, I'm hoping to get it installed today. I wont enable it in jb4 yet because I haven't found a good meth solution yet... that'll be tomorrow's mission because most of the shop's are closed today.
    Could fill it with distilled water just to prime the system and ensure its working properly. Just prime it with the nozzle out of the the tb adapter into a bucket or something. Then you'll be ready to go when you get the methanol.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Good idea, I plan on using ro water that I make at my house. I also make deionized water but will not be using it for this because of the ph level.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I'm curious where you grounded the fsb

AZ Member #

I'm curious where you grounded the fsb
    Here you go

Envoyé de mon SM-A530W en utilisant Tapatalk
    2018 S5 IBIS WHITE COUPE

SRM/Eurocode GTX3582 hybridCTS FMICBMS JB4/with BCMBMS WMIRoc-euro intake/ECS inlet hoseH&R springsRingless RS grille/JC Sportline CF splitterColor matched side skirtsNiche Misano 20x10.5 et27ECS Charge pipe/FMIC hose

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mtlquattro View Post
    Here you go

Yeah that's where I had the jb4 grounded, i was making sure that was good enough. I didn't want the pump to be stuck in the on position! Thanks buddy.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I got everything wired up and operational I just have to tackle the intake portion.
    I called about ten places today looking for methanol and nothinggg so I finally broke down and called the regional vp rep and he told me a place. I bought 5gal of m1... I sure hope I can another solution! $40 for 5gal isn't going to be fun long term...
    Last edited by mobE; Yesterday at 03:35 PM.

AZ Member #

I got everything wired up and operational I just have to tackle the intake portion.
    I called about ten places today looking for methanol and nothinggg so I finally broke down and called the regional vp rep and he told me a place. I bought 5gal of m1... I sure hope I can another solution! $40 for 5gal isn't going to be fun long term...
    $40 for 5 gallons of m1 actually isn't too bad. I have a shop near me that charges $4.50 per gallon but I burn through maybe 1 gallon every other fill up. Better than running ethanol or race gas!

AZ Member #
    My Garage

$40 for 5 gallons of m1 actually isn't too bad. I have a shop near me that charges $4.50 per gallon but I burn through maybe 1 gallon every other fill up. Better than running ethanol or race gas!

I'm thinking this is my best bet for "off season", there are alot of track's around here so I'm sure I'll be able to source some at one of them once they open.
    The intake portion was the easiest part of the whole install! Only took me a few minutes once I taped the threads. Then I filed up with a 50/50 mix for a baseline. I do have another question, when purging I noticed the pump stopped grabbing water before the tank was empty. Still have a little bit sloshing around in there. Is this the same for you guy's?

AZ Member #

I try not to let my tank go less than 30% or so just because I dont want to intake air bubbles. I have the 2gal tank and usually keep it above 50% full

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I try not to let my tank go less than 30% or so just because I dont want to intake air bubbles. I have the 2gal tank and usually keep it above 50% full

Gotcha, I'll be keeping an eye on it, just like my gas tank. I fill it up at half!

AZ Member #

I fill my tiny 1gal tank about 2 times a night when I go for some test and tune lol! Otherwise I barely use any in my daily commute.

40$ for 5gal of m1 is actually not bad! I pay 10$ per gallon for the pure meth. They come in 1gal jugs which is very practical for me. I mix it with some -45c blue washer at 2.50$ a gallon to offset the cost. So every tank fill up is around 6.25$ for a 70/30 mixture.

2018 S5 IBIS WHITE COUPE

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910