Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings Shahek's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Ford Transit Connect

Help woth jhm shifter trio

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys so after installing the trio kit I cannot get my shifter to center When in neutral, itís leaning towards the right. I use the videos to adjust the shifter and once I get it center I lose reverse. Anyone else run into this?? Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_9409.jpg
    This is in neutral.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    BW Ko4's, SRM inlets, SRM CAI, SRM V3 smic's, 034 bipipes, JHM SS, APR snub, RR stage 3, EV14 550cc injectors, SSAC downpipes, Neuspeed exhaust, 034 UCA's, 034 spider hose, 034 MM's, ST coilovers

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Shahek View Post
    Hey guys so after installing the trio kit I cannot get my shifter to center When in neutral, itís leaning towards the right. I use the videos to adjust the shifter and once I get it center I lose reverse. Anyone else run into this?? Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_9409.jpg
    This is in neutral.

You probably have the black piece on the bottom installed backward\upside down. It should angle slightly to the left I believe.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I just installed my shifter a few days ago. It took me 4-5 hours to get the alignment working to hit all gears. I believe i have some broken motor/transmission mounts which causes it to be out of alignment. I pretty much just had to guess and check for 4-5 hours till i figured out the right angles. 7 degrees back and 3 degrees right (or whatever the instructions said) just did not work for me.

Sorry thats the best i got for ya :(

Established Member Two Rings RacerJo89's Avatar
    AZ Member #

A lot of people (from what Iíve read on here) such as myself have had luck with the trial and error approach. I used the 7 degrees back and 3 degrees right approach as a starting point and went from there.

Veteran Member Four Rings zillarob's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2kS4, 84gli, 84caddy dsl

Make sure you have the right one, early/late.
    Youll know if its wrong, the throws wont be straight fwd/bkwd.

Some side plates had mounting holes for both the early and late xrods, make sure its on the right one?

Where most people get it wrong is not removing ebough material of the metal cup on the trans.
    This usually makes it so you cant get into rev most often iirc, and sounds like you can though.
    There are only 2 things needed to make an Audi work properly - Duct tape and WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't - Duct tape. If it doesnít move and it should - WD40.

Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Jake@JHM's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MK7-GTI-APR-STG2-Grand-Cherokee-R6-Raven-IRON-1250

When you are adjusting, wiggle the shifter side to side in both first and fifth gear. The wiggle amount should be the same when adjusted properly. If its tight in 5th and really loose in 1st, you will know you are out of adjustment.

Did you verify early vs late? https://jhmotorsports.com/products/shifterstyle/

Senior Member Three Rings slowSfaux's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hey zilla, I've been trying to find the photo you shopped in an old thread about cutting material out of the bottom of that shift rod cup when using the jhm setup. So far, I've been unable to find it. Any chance you still have it on your phone/computer somewhere, or am I mistaken when when I remember you posted about it?

Established Member Two Rings Shahek's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Ford Transit Connect

Got it guys! Literally hours of adjusting and its good! Thanks for everyones help guys appreciate it!

BW Ko4's, SRM inlets, SRM CAI, SRM V3 smic's, 034 bipipes, JHM SS, APR snub, RR stage 3, EV14 550cc injectors, SSAC downpipes, Neuspeed exhaust, 034 UCA's, 034 spider hose, 034 MM's, ST coilovers

Veteran Member Four Rings zillarob's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2kS4, 84gli, 84caddy dsl

Quote Originally Posted by slowSfaux View Post
    Hey zilla, I've been trying to find the photo you shopped in an old thread about cutting material out of the bottom of that shift rod cup when using the jhm setup. So far, I've been unable to find it. Any chance you still have it on your phone/computer somewhere, or am I mistaken when when I remember you posted about it?
    Guessing this one? Been a while, but I think this is the right version lol

There are only 2 things needed to make an Audi work properly - Duct tape and WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't - Duct tape. If it doesnít move and it should - WD40.

Senior Member Three Rings slowSfaux's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Yeah that's the one! Was looking for this awhile ago because I picked up some used linkage that had this already performed but the owner said it could use a little more material cut off. Thanks zilla, you're the man!