Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Bra for 2016 S5 cabriolet

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys. Does anyone know where I can buy a Bra for my 2016 S5 cabriolet?? Thanks cyberbill

Senior Member Four Rings HazeMyth's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Honestly, do they even still make bras for cars anymore? That's actually probably one of the worst inventions in history. PPF is way better and won't make people cringe.
    2013 Audi S5
    2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    2003 Evolution VIII (Cammed, etc)
    2004 Subaru STI - Stg. 2 (Sold)
    IG: @MrHazeMyth

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Well, there are clear "bras" now. Clear film (number of brands) which people are using for protection.

80's strap on black vinyl........................cool at the time...............bad idea

Veteran Member Four Rings JamesRS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Why only do half a hood, if you’re going to PPF then do the whole thing, rock chips half way up the hood just looks odd.
    I accept a Stage II tuned S5 is quicker than an RS5
    Doug convinced me
    He's also the reason I don't come here much

Established Member Three Rings snocat17's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 S5 Cab, 2008 GMC Hennessey HPE 450 Sierra

Get a clear bra. I did Xpel with a 10 yr warranty for about $1800, very worth it.
    -Joe
    2016 S5 Cabriolet Prestige Glacier White Metallic w/ brown comfort seats and piano wire black wood trim. RED Brake calipers holding EBC RedStuff pads, VCDS cable

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2019 Cayman GTS, 2016 Forester XT, 2013 S5, 2011 A4 avanti, 2004 TSX

Quote Originally Posted by snocat17 View Post
    Get a clear bra. I did Xpel with a 10 yr warranty for about $1800, very worth it.
    I am going to Xpel the full front as well but the installer suggest me to do the doors too. Anyone did that? To xpel the whole car is so expensive!
    2019 718 Cayman GTS 6MT
    2016 Subaru Dark Grey Forester XT touring
    2013 Audi Phantom Black S5 6MT Sport Diff, 20" BBS CH-R, Navi, B&O, PSS10, AK, EC sway, Alcon BBK, RS grille & Ecode
    2011 Audi Deep Sea Blue A4 Avant prestige, 19" OEM Ti rotors, PSS10, AK, sway, RS style grille + rear spoiler, Votrex diffusor
    2004 Acura Premium White TSX 6MT

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    I am going to Xpel the full front as well but the installer suggest me to do the doors too. Anyone did that? To xpel the whole car is so expensive!
    I did rocker panels and truck lip.
    -Joe
    2016 S5 Cabriolet Prestige Glacier White Metallic w/ brown comfort seats and piano wire black wood trim. RED Brake calipers holding EBC RedStuff pads, VCDS cable

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by snocat17 View Post
    I did rocker panels and truck lip.
    I never have any ding dang or stone chip on the truck for all the cars that I have and I don't know why to xpel the rocker panels is more expensive than doing the doors. And stone chips & door ding is what really bothering me. So that's why I am thinking of doing the doors as well as the the full front. But seems like never seen ppl doing this. I am concerning will the shading split up very odd if I just do the full front + doors
    2019 718 Cayman GTS 6MT
    2013 Audi Phantom Black S5 6MT Sport Diff, 20" BBS CH-R, Navi, B&O, PSS10, AK, EC sway, Alcon BBK, RS grille & Ecode
    2011 Audi Deep Sea Blue A4 Avant prestige, 19" OEM Ti rotors, PSS10, AK, sway, RS style grille + rear spoiler, Votrex diffusor

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 GL450

Bra for 2016 S5 cabriolet

I never have any ding dang or stone chip on the truck for all the cars that I have and I don't know why to xpel the rocker panels is more expensive than doing the doors. And stone chips & door ding is what really bothering me. So that's why I am thinking of doing the doors as well as the the full front. But seems like never seen ppl doing this. I am concerning will the shading split up very odd if I just do the full front + doors
    You shouldn’t notice a difference. I had full front for 6 months (full car now - paint is BB so no swirl marks) and there wasn’t a difference at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2016 S5 6MT - Brilliant Black, P+, High Gloss Black, Sport Dif, B&O, Tech, Nappa
    Engine: GIAC Stage 1 / ECS Carbon S-Flow Intake
    Suspension & Wheels: H&R Street Performance Coilovers / Vorsteiner VFF-103 (Carbon Graphite)
    Cosmetic: OEM RS5 Grill / PPF & CQuartz Finest Coating / 35% Pinnacle Tint

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RVJ View Post
    You shouldn’t notice a difference. I had full front for 6 months (full car now - paint is BB so no swirl marks) and there wasn’t a difference at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks! That's help ease up my concern

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    2019 718 Cayman GTS 6MT

AZ Member #
    My Garage

OP, someone posted an actual bra for sale in the FB group last night. I think they wanted $180, but it looked kinda tacky IMO.
    I should have said "trunk." I have had scuffs and chips on the ledge of my trunk, and this protects very well. I have lots of dirt roads and drive all winter, so I get lots of gravel kicked up on rocker panels. Blends in nicely with the side skirts. They included the door edges, which I like, with the full front package.

It is really hard to see the Xpel compared to the 3M I did on my truck 3 years ago.
    -Joe

Veteran Member Four Rings namvar's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013, Q7 Prestige, Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, Cabinet full of Adam's Polish Products

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberbill View Post
    Hey guys. Does anyone know where I can buy a Bra for my 2016 S5 cabriolet?? Thanks cyberbill
    Hi

I have a small sports bra on my hood. Colgan makes it to order and it is perfect fir. in has been very effective on my car deflecting a lot of crap coming off the road. after 4 years I have no chips on my hood. Look at one of my threads in my signature to see how it looks

2015 RS5: Mythos Black, Tech, Dynamic steering, Black Optics packages, Folding side mirror upgrade, internal LED lights, Eventuri Intake, Akrapovič exhaust
    On order: Bilstein B16 RideControl
    2013 3.0T Prestige Q7: Sport pedals, LED interior lights