Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings Jakal's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Problem with Swapping Stock ECU for Chipped One

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    2003 1.8T Quattro

I bought an ecu awhile back that has APR 1+ and was told it was coded from 5spd to tiptronic and immo defeated. The car runs but Iím getting ďcontrol module incorrectly codedĒ codes for the engine, trans, and probably more.

The lights on the dash are the check engine, esp, abs, and brake light. (Itís flashing)

PRNDS is all lit up

I donít really know where to go from here and Iím hoping itís something I can solve in VCDS.

Codes Iíve observed so far:

Engine
    P1612-001 MIL On - Engine Control Module Incorrectly Coded

Trans
    P1841 - Engine Control Module/Transmission Control Module Incompatible

Abs Brakes
    P1849 - Please check DTC Memory of Transmission Controller
    01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded

Edit: Itís in limp mode as suspected.

Stock ECU: 8E0 909 518 AF
    Tuned ECU: 8E0 909 518 BC

I donít know if this is my problem? ^
    Last edited by Jakal; 11-05-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Veteran Member Four Rings AudiA4_20T's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    10speed

what year did the ECU come from?
    - Clint

Current: 05 B5.5 Passat 4motion 1.8T - Jfonz Tune, 034 HFC, Samco TIP waiting to go on: GTRS, 034 FMIC, 630cc Injectors, Bilstein / H&R Suspension
    Totaled: 04 DG B6 Cabby 1.8T - stock forever
    Gone: White '04 S4 2.7T - Stage 2+
    Gone : Fastest B6 A4 ever - 464awhp/12.1@116
    Gone : 05 DG B7 2.0TQ - Stage 1

Veteran Member Four Rings seanf86's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    04 A4 2.7T swap, 13 Q5 3.0T S line, 02 A4 1.8T tiptronic, 01 B5S4 tiptronic

BC is from 2005, 03 is AF, 04 is AK but they are all cross flashable and compatible, did you physically double check the coding yourself? It should be 16751 IIRC for tiptronic quattro.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by seanf86 View Post
    BC is from 2005, 03 is AF, 04 is AK but they are all cross flashable and compatible, did you physically double check the coding yourself? It should be 16751 IIRC for tiptronic quattro.
    Iíll have to go out and write down the codes on my stock ecu and compare to the new one. If I just fill those areas with the old coding do I have a chance of fixing it? I feel itís not that easy.

Registered Member Four Rings EuroxS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 Atlas Grey A4 Avant 1.8T 6speed manual quattro,2002 GSXR 600

It is that easy.Coding was changed to 0016751 as you requested.Let me know how you make out.
    VW/Audi Immobilizer removal and immobilizer adapting solutions for any and all VAG Vehicles,Odometer matching, SKC/Pin retrieval services.Located in Northern NJ.For inquries pm for details.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by seanf86 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroxS4 View Post
    It is that easy.Coding was changed to 0016751 as you requested.Let me know how you make out.
    Thanks guys. Just had to pop in that code and everything was fixed.

Iíve been following the steps here https://www.goapr.com/support/dpp_emcs_instructions.pdf but I canít get the EMCS part to work and I havenít tried switching the modes because I donít know what each one is yet.

Now to figure out if I have a boost leak or the increase in pressure is making the TIP expand.

Registered Member Four Rings EuroxS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 Atlas Grey A4 Avant 1.8T 6speed manual quattro,2002 GSXR 600

Quote Originally Posted by Jakal View Post
    Thanks guys. Just had to pop in that code and everything was fixed.

Iíve been following the steps here https://www.goapr.com/support/dpp_emcs_instructions.pdf but I canít get the EMCS part to work and I havenít tried switching the modes because I donít know what each one is yet.

Now to figure out if I have a boost leak or the increase in pressure is making the TIP expand.
    Glad you got it sorted!!!You have the pin I provided correct???
    VW/Audi Immobilizer removal and immobilizer adapting solutions for any and all VAG Vehicles,Odometer matching, SKC/Pin retrieval services.Located in Northern NJ.For inquries pm for details.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by EuroxS4 View Post
    Glad you got it sorted!!!You have the pin I provided correct???
    Yup! Thatís what I was trying to enter.
    I followed Aprís instructions on having the car off, pushing the cruise control stalk back and then turning the key to auxiliary, pulling the cruise stalk forward to its usual position and then doing the sequence of number inputs. Pushing down on the stalk each time to confirm each number. But yet I donít get any flashing of the dash lights.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Jakal View Post
    Yup! Thatís what I was trying to enter.
    I followed Aprís instructions on having the car off, pushing the cruise control stalk back and then turning the key to auxiliary, pulling the cruise stalk forward to its usual position and then doing the sequence of number inputs. Pushing down on the stalk each time to confirm each number. But yet I donít get any flashing of the dash lights.
    Edit: I assume the tune is working though because of the boost spikes Iím experiencing now that werenít there before.