Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 S4 Stage 3, '11 A4 Avant Prestige, titanium, sport, '87 4kq 3B!

Let's hit A-Basin today!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    500' vertical, 2 runs, 45 min lift line. Unbelievable.
    And no, I'm not there today with the rest of the Jerry's.

Senior Member Four Rings b7_Andy's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Haha, hey at least itís snowing up there! I really hope this season gets off to a better start than the last two years.

Senior Member Three Rings Heavy Winter's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by b7_Andy View Post
    Haha, hey at least itís snowing up there! I really hope this season gets off to a better start than the last two years.
    Itís already better than last year. Unlike last November with late and delayed ski area openings, Breck, Keystone and Eldora are opening early on November 7.

And I skied off the top of Vail today and the top half of the mountain could open tomorrow, itís that deep up there.

But A-Basin, no thanks.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Winter View Post
    Itís already better than last year. Unlike last November with late and delayed ski area openings, Breck, Keystone and Eldora are opening early on November 7.

And I skied off the top of Vail today and the top half of the mountain could open tomorrow, itís that deep up there.

But A-Basin, no thanks.
    Whatíd you hike up there? Thatís sick... I heard they got like 15Ē of snow this weekend.

AZ Member #

I went on Day 1 and 2.. At this time of year - long lift lines are part of the experience. Silly not to. It's just fun - no good riding.

Breck and Keystone open tommorow.
    2018 SQ5 - Daytona, Prestige

*Sold*2011 S4 - EPL Dual Pulley + TCU - 20" BBS LM - Bilstein B12 - APR RSC Exhaust
    Deval CF Diffuser - Maxton Splitter - USP Intake - MercRacing HE - CR15 -AutoTech HPFP

Senior Member Three Rings Heavy Winter's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JD S4 View Post
    I went on Day 1 and 2.. At this time of year - long lift lines are part of the experience. Silly not to. It's just fun - no good riding.

Breck and Keystone open tommorow.
    In updated opening info, Vail and Beaver Creek are going to open early. Vail (slated to open Nov. 16) will open on Wed. Nov. 14, @ 9 a.m. and Beaver Creek (slated to open Nov. 21) will open Sat. Nov. 17.

Expect Vail to have multiple lifts and a ton of upper-mountain terrain open. There may be some lines, but probably nothing like A Basin or Breck over the weekend (if anyone saw those photos ).

If you see an Imola B5 S4 avant rallying up 70 to Vail very, very early on the 14th, get the hell out of my way!

Veteran Member Three Rings 4RCFED's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    12' Audi S4, 18' Discovery HSE (V), Durango R/T (sold), ML350 (sold)

You want zero lift lines, head up to Telluride once they open at Thanksgiving.
    2012 S4 DSG, Ibis, Nappa, sports diff, EPL stg 1 ECU/TCU, Eurocode intake, 034 TM, X-pipe, C-Quartz, Akebonos, BFI shift knob.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 4RCFED View Post
    You want zero lift lines, head up to Telluride once they open at Thanksgiving.
    Down **

Looks like Steamboat is opening next Weds.

Iím stoked to ride this year since I know it will be my last year in CO. Gonna Chase a lot of powder!

Sent from my

*Sold*2011 S4 - EPL Dual Pulley + TCU - 20" BBS LM - Bilstein B12 - APR RSC Exhaust
    Deval CF Diffuser - Maxton Splitter - USP Intake - MercRacing HE - CR15 -AutoTech HPFP

Veteran Member Three Rings 4RCFED's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    12' Audi S4, 18' Discovery HSE (V), Durango R/T (sold), ML350 (sold)

Aww man, where you headed? I had to go to Seattle for a year and Iím biting my nails till I get back...
    2012 S4 DSG, Ibis, Nappa, sports diff, EPL stg 1 ECU/TCU, Eurocode intake, 034 TM, X-pipe, C-Quartz, Akebonos, BFI shift knob.

AZ Member #

I was at Breckenridge today, itís definitely the most snow cover weíve had this early in the season since maybe 4 or 5 years ago. They had a decent amount of terrain open and it was all covered, like I didnít pull up any rocks. Definitely off to a solid start.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 4RCFED View Post
    Aww man, where you headed? I had to go to Seattle for a year and Iím biting my nails till I get back...
    We're either moving to SoCal or Phoenix.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by b7_Andy View Post
    I was at Breckenridge today, itís definitely the most snow cover weíve had this early in the season since maybe 4 or 5 years ago. They had a decent amount of terrain open and it was all covered, like I didnít pull up any rocks. Definitely off to a solid start.
    Jelly level 100