Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Established Member Two Rings Noggy_avant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 15 2017
    AZ Member #
    402929
    Location
    Wadsworth Ohio

    B6 S4 temperature gauge

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Iíve been noticing something strange happening with my temperature gauge. 90% of the time operating temp is right in the middle of the gauge, the other 10% the gauge reads slightly higher. The car behaves 100% normal when it happens. It usually happens after the cars been running of a bit then I shut it off for a bit then get back in and go. Is anybody else having this same issue?
    IMG_7291.jpg

  2. #2
    Senior Member Three Rings Velox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 30 2016
    AZ Member #
    371041
    My Garage
    audi
    Location
    Oranjestd

    Does it stay there or does it continue to rise?
    Is your radiator cooling fan working?

  3. #3
    Veteran Member Three Rings jakeoboy67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 21 2013
    AZ Member #
    126068
    My Garage
    mk2 Jetta Tdi
    Location
    NB , Canada

    I have the same issue.

    I know the engine isn't over heating because that "offset" of the gauge's needle is there from a cold start.

    even if the engine is cold , it won't go all the way to the left.

    not sure what causes this , but I'm not too worried . . .

  4. #4
    Established Member Two Rings Noggy_avant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 15 2017
    AZ Member #
    402929
    Location
    Wadsworth Ohio

    Quote Originally Posted by Velox View Post
    Does it stay there or does it continue to rise?
    Is your radiator cooling fan working?
    Its remains there itís doesnít rise or fall

  5. #5
    Senior Member Four Rings VinnysS4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12 2015
    AZ Member #
    364349
    Location
    Oregon

    You can adjust the gauges in VCDS to read complete 0 when cold. Prolly the issue

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    1997 VW GTI VR6 (sold), 2003 Audi RS6 (sold), 2010 Audi A4 2.0T (RIP Totaled on 11/2/2015 ) 2005.5 Audi S4

    My build log
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-s-s4-timeline

    Texpoops "Correct, but a half inch difference isnít going to accelerate wear by much. Iím sure the front dips that much with a fatty in the front"



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.