Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

2007 S6 new wheels and tires set up

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys and gals Iím new to this forum and looking forward to being part of the community,

I have been debating if I should go to 19s on my S6 and when I found a set of Niche Citrine Monotecís for sale for $600 with tires it was a no brainer to buy. The current tire set up on the wheels is 215/35/19 and is entirely way too small for this car.

The front is a 19x8.5 ET 42

Rear 19x9.5 ET 48

I know Audi recommended 265/35/19 for this car but that seems too wide and Iím worried about hitting suspension or rubbing. My spare is also the stock full size 18x8.5 with a 255/40/18. Iíd like to stay within the 3% if possible Incase I get a flat and need to put the spare on I donít want to damage the Quattro system

A 255/40/18 and a 255/35/19 are within 1% diameter difference. Is the 255/35/19 the tire I should run on all 4 or is this also too wide? Again I donít want to hit suspension or rub when my back seat is packed out

Thanks ahead of time

Veteran Member Four Rings christianb5s4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I do not believe you should run staggered wheels on these cars, it will put stress and additional wear on the center differential. You need to have the same wheel and tire diameter and width front and rear.
    Imola 2001 Stage 3 S4: 313K - 2.4sec FATs - Completely Refreshed/Built Motor - SRM K24s w/ Custom Turbosmart wastegates - Ringer Racing 4+ - Etspec - Cinesnow WG/Oil Lines - SRM V3 Intercoolers - AA built trans - 4:1 Diff - JHM Trio - 034 - H&R Coilovers - FCP - Bosch Motorsports - OZ Racing - SRM/SSAC exhaust - Tons of New OEM parts

2009 C6.5 A6 3.0T Prestige - stock, daily driver

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

The width of the wheel has been discussed many times on this forum and the common consensus is that as king as the rolling diameter is the same it doesnít harm the diff. I could be wrong but from all of the information Iíve gathered that seems to be correct. Thatís why I would be using the same size tires all around

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acast94 View Post
    The width of the wheel has been discussed many times on this forum and the common consensus is that as king as the rolling diameter is the same it doesnít harm the diff. I could be wrong but from all of the information Iíve gathered that seems to be correct. Thatís why I would be using the same size tires all around
    As long*

Veteran Member Four Rings christianb5s4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Ah, apologies I assumed the staggered wheels would have different tire sizes between front and back. You should be fine with your proposed setup although a 255 width might be safer from a fitment perspective.
    Imola 2001 Stage 3 S4: 313K - 2.4sec FATs - Completely Refreshed/Built Motor - SRM K24s w/ Custom Turbosmart wastegates - Ringer Racing 4+ - Etspec - Cinesnow WG/Oil Lines - SRM V3 Intercoolers - AA built trans - 4:1 Diff - JHM Trio - 034 - H&R Coilovers - FCP - Bosch Motorsports - OZ Racing - SRM/SSAC exhaust - Tons of New OEM parts

2009 C6.5 A6 3.0T Prestige - stock, daily driver