Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

ESC X pipe vs AWE Touring

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I installed the ECS Center X Pipe a couple months ago but it was a bit louder than my wife liked so I just installed the AWE Touring exhaust today and it seems to be a great compromise. The AWE Touring is a tiny bit quieter than I'd prefer but its still better than stock. My ECS X pipe is listed in the classifieds.

Thanks to Mops for hooking me up with the AWE Touring and BTW, those bolts for the downpipes after the cat are a bitch!!!

Vince

Senior Member Three Rings S4_Pedro's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hahaha yes those bolts were great

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

My pleasure Vince. Just lay the rear seats down until it breaks in a bit. 😁
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

AZ Member #

its already getting better. Very happy with my choice.

AZ Member #

Im surprised that it was so much louder and that the awe touring is actually less loud. I woukd think that the stock mufflers would have kept down to a normal tone. Was there any drone or raspy sound coming from the stock mufflers?

Its a mod I was looking to get done next spring... if you do have some quality videos that would be a good representation of out loud it was... often videos are a bad representation as cellphone mics dont pic up the sound well.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Just found your other post. So there is some drone at highway speeds at the 2k mark. Bummer.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

I didn't do any videos recording the sound. The loudness was around 2,200-2,700 rpms. Not unbearable and I was OK with it as the ECS X pipe was a good value at a bit more than 10% of the cost of an exhaust system like AWE or Milltek, but... it was louder than my wife liked so she was all for spending the extra money. If you don't drive in sport mode all the time the car stays below that zone. I tend to leave the trans in sport mode unless I'm cruising on the Thruway and want 8th gear.

Every mod you do (springs, exhaust, intake, gearing, etc.) is a compromise whether loudness, sound, ride, etc. It comes down to what your willing to give up for what you are getting. Bang for the buck, if you want a better sound for low dollars, then I'd get the ECS X pipe. If you are willing to spend the $2,500 range then go for the exhaust.

I'm selling mine X pipe so even if you hate it, you can go back to stock and sell it... I'm taking the haircut so anyone who resells it probably wouldn't lose much of anything.

Vince

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    18 S4, 05 G35

I have seen a few video from exterior angles (aside from Tag Motorsports' Todd Richards video/videos from AWE), are there any videos from interior angles?
    J

Current
    2018 B9 S4 - Stock...for now
    2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan 5AT - OE 350z/G35 Springs, 19" G35 Coupe Rays, HR Y Pipe + Midpipe (251whp, 235wtg)

Lost but will NEVER be Forgotten/Replaced
    2012 Nissan 370Z S+T 6MT - K&N Filters + HPS Tubes, Fast Intentions NR CF Exhaust, EcuTek (312rwhp, 253rwtq) (Totaled by...08/28/2018)