Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Three Rings wangshuo1989's Avatar
    AZ Member #

ECS charges tax now?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Just noticed ECS Tuning is charing tax for orders shipped to Seattle when I ordered an oil change kit, sad day for sure.

Any idea why? I don't think ECS Tuning has any physical presence in WA right?
    2013 S5 Misano Red, DSG, B&O, Sport Diff, MMI+, CTS 180mm crank pulley (7PK1300 APR belt), APR Stage II, APR TCU tune, CR15
    2018 XC90 Inscription, B&W sound, Convenience Pkg, Air suspension

Established Member Four Rings BeerBrent's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 A4 Avant

It's now normal to be charged sales tax for online purchases when you ship to a Washington address. I live in Vancouver, WA but work in Portland, OR... so I have everything shipped to my work to avoid the tax.

https://dor.wa.gov/about/news-releas...-state-sellers
    I'm as cool as a cucumber in a bowl of hot sauce.

Established Member Three Rings rvcahawaii808's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrent View Post
    It's now normal to be charged sales tax for online purchases when you ship to a Washington address. I live in Vancouver, WA but work in Portland, OR... so I have everything shipped to my work to avoid the tax.

https://dor.wa.gov/about/news-releas...-state-sellers
    not related but honest question just want your opinion. i saw a political ad last night for the first time about someone running for office in vancouver and they were attacking her for proposing a toll to cross over into oregon.
    do you really oppose this that much? what do people that live in vancouver think? everyone i talk to (granted we live in portland) thinks its a good idea since you are benefiting from no sales tax, but since you live in washington you pay no oregon state tax correct?

just want someones opinion on this that actually lives in vancouver.

Established Member Four Rings BeerBrent's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 A4 Avant

Quote Originally Posted by rvcahawaii808 View Post
    not related but honest question just want your opinion. i saw a political ad last night for the first time about someone running for office in vancouver and they were attacking her for proposing a toll to cross over into oregon.
    do you really oppose this that much? what do people that live in vancouver think? everyone i talk to (granted we live in portland) thinks its a good idea since you are benefiting from no sales tax, but since you live in washington you pay no oregon state tax correct?

just want someones opinion on this that actually lives in vancouver.
    I dont want a toll. I think the majority of people who live in Vancouver dont want a toll.
    I live in Washington, work in Oregon... so I get double taxed. I pay the sales tax in Washington and pay Oregon income tax.
    I'm as cool as a cucumber in a bowl of hot sauce.

Established Member Three Rings rvcahawaii808's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrent View Post
    I dont want a toll. I think the majority of people who live in Vancouver dont want a toll.
    I live in Washington, work in Oregon... so I get double taxed. I pay the sales tax in Washington and pay Oregon income tax.
    oh okay. i didnt know that you still pay oregon income tax. i though it was like pilots who put their address as las vegas so they dont pay income tax (is that even true?)

in that case then i feel you on the toll.